Boston Gas Explosions

Yet another example of government's failure to do it's job.

Utilities are regulated by government; one reason is for the safety of the public.

Republicans & Trump hate regulations.

With Trump in office utilities will likely have fewer regulations.

When that happens expect more of this explosive shit like in Boston.

Congrats

You blamed Government and only Government, so what other conclusions should anyone come to?

Just by the fact that government involves and inserts itself where it shouldn't be.

Without government, the monopolies could not exist. Government involvement kills competition.

Get the government out of it so competent, responsible, safety conscious people can compete.
Unfortunately, what would happen in the real world is that without government interceding to make sure utilities we need to survive are safe and priced within our reach, things would not go well for consumers. Complete capitalism cannot work as long as humans control things.
Humans control government too and it often doesn’t work.

Utilities are regulated by government; one reason is for the safety of the public.

Congrats
Partisans... they’re just so damn dumb.

So company's hold no responsibilities what do ever, got it! Then I blame Rump!
Dupe!

Where did I post the BS you are asserting.

You blamed Government and only Government, so what other conclusions should anyone come to?
Following your ignorant logic, you love government so much that you are unwilling to accept any criticism of it.

Progressive obamabots and cankle lovers are so dumb.

LOl, no dupe, unlike you I think for myself so keep preaching you're far out RWNJ bullshit and hoping corporate America will save you. Clue phone ☎, they despise you more than Rump does!
You aren’t very smart. Are you?

you sit here telling folks they aint smart, you blame 'government' for the explosions, when the cause is over pressurization of the gas lines.

some folks may not be smart but you're obviously brain dead.

No. Gas companies are monopolies which are supposed to be regulated by the huge omnipresent and most expensive and inefficient GOVERNMENT.

Regulated by, not run by. There’s a major difference.
Jesus dude. Are you debating yourself? because I didn’t make the point you are claiming.

Did you go to school with Obama?

Dupe!

Where did I post the BS you are asserting.

Following your ignorant logic, you love government so much that you are unwilling to accept any criticism of it.

LOl, no dupe, unlike you I think for myself so keep preaching you're far out RWNJ bullshit and hoping corporate America will save you. Clue phone ☎, they despise you more than Rump does!

you sit here telling folks they aint smart, you blame 'government' for the explosions, when the cause is over pressurization of the gas lines.

Good God you’re slow.

Good God you’re slow.

I'm pretty confident that 99% of the folks in this thread understand you are an idiot; and that is an understatement

]If you are claiming your REGULATED utility is not regulated, you will have to explain that.

Nope. I’m just explaining to you that apparently you have zero understanding of what level these utilities are actually regulated at. It’s a very high level of oversight, not a fingers in the pie level.

LMAO so government gets the credit for extending human lifespans, not medical science?
Is medical science different in countries with poor health stats?

And why do countries with socialized medicine have better health outcomes than we do? Is their medical science different than ours?

It's not that I'm anti-government, though. I'm not. I just want as little of it as possible.

It should not require 50% of MY income to govern the damn country.
And broccoli should taste better. Waaaah

Get a job and pay your own damn bills pathetic losers.
Of course, without a secure economy, you wouldn't make the money you make in the first place.

LMAO so government gets the credit for extending human lifespans, not medical science?

And why do countries with socialized medicine have better health outcomes than we do? Is their medical science different than ours?

Yes, why don't you visit a hospital in the Congo and find out for yourself. :cuckoo:

Yes, why don't you visit a hospital in the Congo and find out for yourself. :cuckoo:
I don't have to genius, I actually really things.

It's not that I'm anti-government, though. I'm not. I just want as little of it as possible.

It should not require 50% of MY income to govern the damn country.
And broccoli should taste better. Waaaah

Get a job and pay your own damn bills pathetic losers.
Of course, without a secure economy, you wouldn't make the money you make in the first place.

I make money in spite of the bloated government and millions of mooching deadbeats. I learned this lesson in my 20's back when I was on the Democratic party plantation. Every time I got a raise government swooped in with tax increases and stole my raise. The solution, make money faster than government can raise taxes. :muahaha:

]If you are claiming your REGULATED utility is not regulated, you will have to explain that.

Nope. I’m just explaining to you that apparently you have zero understanding of what level these utilities are actually regulated at. It’s a very high level of oversight, not a fingers in the pie level.
Again you are arguing with yourself. Who made the claim that the regulators run the utility?

Do you know the number one job of government ?

Again you are arguing with yourself. Who made the claim that the regulators run the utility?

You were making that claim by suggesting the State Government was at fault for what happened on Thursday. That responsibility falls to Columbia Gas Company.

The number one job of Government is ensuring a Moral Society for the citizenry to live in. No, it’s NOT the safety or security of the citizenry on a day to day basis.

You were making that claim by suggesting the State Government was at fault for what happened on Thursday. That responsibility falls to Columbia Gas Company.

The number one job of Government is ensuring a Moral Society for the citizenry to live in. No, it’s NOT the safety or security of the citizenry on a day to day basis.
Wrong again. The government’s number one job is protecting the rights of the people. When one’s house is blown up, don’t you think their rights have been infringed?

Government is supposed to make sure monopolies are operating correctly and not harming the public. Clearly government failed, as did the utilities.

Wrong again. The government’s number one job is protecting the rights of the people. When one’s house is blown up, don’t you think their rights have been infringed?

Government is supposed to make sure monopolies are operating correctly and not harming the public. Clearly government failed, as did the utilities.

Remember, I don’t believe in Rights, I believe in personal responsibility. They chose to live in an area with a 6th rate utility company that has a history of issues. Sounds more like a time inn to me. I say that as someone who lives with a5th rate electric and gas company (UNITIL)

The company and its employees failed in the long and short term..

Congrats

MA is not exactly a Republican hotbed, genius.

Are you advocating for more stringent government regulation?

Libertarians will usually claim that the market will protect people from this sort of thing, with no need of government regulation, because blowing people's houses up is bad for business.

Forum List

Back