Boston Gas Explosions

Unfortunately, what would happen in the real world is that without government interceding to make sure utilities we need to survive are safe and priced within our reach, things would not go well for consumers. Complete capitalism cannot work as long as humans control things.

I've never cared for the term capitalism. I like free-markets. If we say free-market and capitalism together, we donl't have that. We have corporatism. Protectionaism. That kind of thing.

It's not that I'm anti-government, though. I'm not. I just want as little of it as possible.

Sabotage? Why do we only have decaying infrastructure during republican administrations?

Its the sewers we need to worry about. While Dem run cities have been spending all their money purchasing votes from public employee unions their sewage systems have rotted away. There have been multiple spills of raw untreated sewage into public waterways, HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of gallons. So toxic that swimming is banned and beaches closed. The EPA looks the other way, shocker.

It should not require 50% of MY income to govern the damn country.

Nope. Agree.

The really sad part about it is that our taxes don't really go to bridges and infrastructure and whatnot. Much of our taxes are not used on schools, roads, and public services. Nope. It's no wonder everybody is still complaining about the busted roads and bridges and it's no wonder the teacher's asking for supplies from parents, when she's broke from having to pay out of pocket for them, herself. The IRS, the Federal Reserve's collection wing, collects tax revenue that's instead used to pay the interest on the Treasury Bonds (these bonds happen to be our national debt) that the Federal Reserve bought with a check which was drawn on an account that has nothing in it. :smoke:

Last edited:
Agreed and yet we have posters unwilling to blame government, yet it is their job to regulate utilities. There is no doubt the utility is at fault, but so is government.

I work for a regulated utility (electric) in Massachusetts. My employer also offers gas service in some areas. The DPU (Department of Public Utilities) des not oversee day to day operations of the utility companies. Nor is that their mandate.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, what would happen in the real world is that without government interceding to make sure utilities we need to survive are safe and priced within our reach, things would not go well for consumers. Complete capitalism cannot work as long as humans control things.

OMG how did humans even survive for 10,000 years without government. /sarcasm
With short, brutish lives. Wanna go back there?

Obviously, Boston needs more windmills.

Off the Cape and the Islands there are some and a bunch more being built.

Martha's Vinyard will need windmills to.

The rich white liberals don't want them spoiling their views.

They are building far offshore partly because of that. U-boat Teddy fought against them for years because he didn’t want to spoil the view for the swells on the Islands.

You blamed Government and only Government, so what other conclusions should anyone come to?

Just by the fact that government involves and inserts itself where it shouldn't be.

Without government, the monopolies could not exist. Government involvement kills competition.

Get the government out of it so competent, responsible, safety conscious people can compete.

I agree that government over steps it's boundaries for sure. But without some government oversight on utilities most people would have trouble paying for them if they were left to their own devices.

I agree that government over steps it's boundaries for sure. But without some government oversight on utilities most people would have trouble paying for them if they were left to their own devices.

Yeah. I agree. As I said, I'm not anti-government. I just want as less as possible.

OMG how did humans even survive for 10,000 years without government. /sarcasm
With short, brutish lives. Wanna go back there?

LMAO so government gets the credit for extending human lifespans, not medical science? :auiqs.jpg:

Agreed and yet we have posters unwilling to blame government, yet it is their job to regulate utilities. There is no doubt the utility is at fault, but so is government.

I work for a regulated utility (electric) in Massachusetts. My employer also offers gas service in some areas. The DPU (Department of Public Utilities) des not oversee day to day operations of the utility companies. Nor is that their mandate.
If you are claiming your REGULATED utility is not regulated, you will have to explain that.

You blamed Government and only Government, so what other conclusions should anyone come to?

Just by the fact that government involves and inserts itself where it shouldn't be.

Without government, the monopolies could not exist. Government involvement kills competition.

Get the government out of it so competent, responsible, safety conscious people can compete.

If only government oversight was effective. Clearly as we see in this particular case and many more, it often is very ineffective.

Forum List

Back