Boston black cops can't pass written test ... so they get "interviews" instead.

More affirmative action. Blacks are always at the bottom of every test whether it's an IQ test or the SAT or ACT or LSAT or police test or firefighter test. They can't make it on ability .

Boston Police Department planning new promotion system to spur diversity - The Boston Globe

Police to overhaul ranking system
Globe Correspondent / August 9, 2012

Hoping to end decades of tension over the advancement of minority officers, the Boston Police Department plans to overhaul a promotion system that has been criticized for contributing to a lack of diversity in the department’s upper ranks.

Commissioner Edward F. Davis is expected to send an e-mail to officers and command staff Thursday announcing a $2.2 million initiative to *replace a written promotion *exam used statewide with a testing system that could *include interviews and other components designed to provide a broader measure of leadership and potential.

Among the department’s approx*imately two dozen captains — the highest rank determined by the promotion exam — there is one Asian and no blacks, Hispanics, or women.

I don't know how important these tests are, but I do think that just because someone can't pass a test, doesn't mean they won't be a decent copper.

They ASKED for advance notice. Thats what they were originally asking for. I assume it's department policy to post position openings and test dates, so clearly department heads were already breaking the rules and not complying. This has been going on for over a year, at the end of the year they decided to add other components to the written test, to combat issues of unfairness in specific departments.

How did you become so stupid? Did someone with a shotgun blow your brains out? Nope, that wouldn't be enough to explain your stupidity. Some dumb Afro must have come along and took a dump in your brainless, blown-open skull. That would explain it!

Are you really so stupid as to think the police department would sooner exempt Afros from written tests than to provide timely public notice of job openings? Get a brain, fucktard.

Are you really so stupid as to think the problem with Afros passing tests is timeliness of notice rather than their indisputably low IQ? Get a brain, fucktard.

Are you really so stupid as to believe Afros when they accuse others of racism, even though falsely claiming racism is part of Afro culture? Get a brain, fucktard.

If there really is a problem of department heads not providing timely notice, the solution is to discipline them when they fail to follow guidelines, not to exempt Afros from the written test.

Stop being an asshole. Stop blaming innocent people. Show some respect for others.

Arjux -

Do you really not see the irony in your constantly attacking other racial groups for their stupidity - will being semi-literate and poorly informed yourself?

Could there be anything funnier than someone using the word "fucktard" four times in one comment - and following it up with the phrase "show some respect"?!

I don't know how important these tests are, but I do think that just because someone can't pass a test, doesn't mean they won't be a decent copper.

Thank you for your stupid and ignorant opinion. (I bet you'd be rich if every time you got a nickle when someone said that to you).

Don't you think it's very important for police to be familiar with the laws they're tasked with enforcing? Don't you think it's very important for police to be familiar with department policy and procedures? This is the kind of thing that would be on a police test.

If they can't pass the test, it means they don't know how to be a descent cop.

Maybe Afros have some quality to make up for their lack of police knowledge? Like what, an affinity for smoking crack and yelling racism?

The way the world works is that we hire Afros and pretend they're people, too, to make ourselves feel good. Don't you watch movies? Afro cops are always paired up with white cops, so there's someone there who knows what to do.

(Liberals agree with me, that's why they want lower standards for Afros, rather than fixing what they allege are the problems.)

Maybe Afros have some quality to make up for their lack of police knowledge? Like what, an affinity for smoking crack and yelling racism?

Wow, Arjux - someone thought you were racist?

You couldn't make this stuff up, could you?!

And recent studies show the SAT is flawed also. Proven fact that the rote study guide memorizing of multiple choice questions given by Kaplan and other "coaching" clinics increases the scores. Those that have the cash to spend on the coaching classes, nothing about really learning a damn thing, increases the scores.
?

So preparing for the SAT increases your score?? Of course that's true of all tests. That's not a flaw. And you don't have to pay for coaching . Tons of SAT prep books on the market for $20 or you can buy one at a thrift store for $3 or get one for free at the library.

And all that time preparing for multiple choice questions on how to eliminate "none of the above" and "all of the above" instead of learning subject matter.
Of course there are tons of SAT prep books on the market for $3.
And all of them offer the same stuff, nothing in them about subject matter. HOW TO RELAX, how to eliminate all or none of the above, things like that.
Multiple choice questions are the lazy teacher's way of teaching. Field work and experience along with teaching officers HOW, WHY, WHAT, WHEN AND WHERE.
Law enforcement is not rote 1 plus one equals 2 stuff.
Attitude, diligence, perserverance, determination and dedication should all come before test scores.
We had a health wellness study that the health insurance carrier of our county performed for The Board of Commissioners. Of course the county employees were pissed about having to be accountable to anyone. 55% of them were over weight, over 60% in the Sherrifs Department were over weight and over 65% of the street patrol officers were over weight.
But they test real well.

Multiple choice questions are the lazy teacher's way of teaching. Field work and experience along with teaching officers HOW, WHY, WHAT, WHEN AND WHERE.

Multiple choice questions may appeal to lazy teachers, but they're also objective, which is a word that means fair.

How can a cop be a good cop he he doesn't know the law or police procedures? This is rote stuff, and ideal for multiple choice tests. Afros do rote stuff best, because it doesn't involve thinking. Animals can't think. Afros should be pleased.

Attitude, diligence, perserverance, determination and dedication should all come before test scores.

How do you measure those things, especially when you have these animals and a hostile society ready to skewer you for discrimination? Afros aren't just stupid, they have bad Attitude, diligence, perserverance, determination and dedication.

We had a health wellness study that the health insurance carrier of our county performed for The Board of Commissioners. Of course the county employees were pissed about having to be accountable to anyone. 55% of them were over weight, over 60% in the Sherrifs Department were over weight and over 65% of the street patrol officers were over weight.
But they test real well.

Police have objective fitness requirements, as well.

Out of 2 dozen captains there is only one Asian, no blacks, hispanics or women? Whats wrong with that test if only one Asian has been able to pass, no blacks, hispanics or women?

What's wrong with the blacks, Hispanics, and women that they cannot pass it?

More affirmative action. Blacks are always at the bottom of every test whether it's an IQ test or the SAT or ACT or LSAT or police test or firefighter test. They can't make it on ability .

Boston Police Department planning new promotion system to spur diversity - The Boston Globe

Police to overhaul ranking system
Globe Correspondent / August 9, 2012

Hoping to end decades of tension over the advancement of minority officers, the Boston Police Department plans to overhaul a promotion system that has been criticized for contributing to a lack of diversity in the department’s upper ranks.

Commissioner Edward F. Davis is expected to send an e-mail to officers and command staff Thursday announcing a $2.2 million initiative to *replace a written promotion *exam used statewide with a testing system that could *include interviews and other components designed to provide a broader measure of leadership and potential.

Among the department’s approx*imately two dozen captains — the highest rank determined by the promotion exam — there is one Asian and no blacks, Hispanics, or women.

Standards are unimportant. Especially if everyone does not live up to those standards. Simply lower the standard. Great idea.

Standards are unimportant. Especially if everyone does not live up to those standards. Simply lower the standard. Great idea.

^^either didnt read the thread, or is a racist.

So, I took 2 seconds to google this story. The issue with the test, apparently, is that minorities are not being informed of open positions in higher ranks and are not being given the same time to prep for the written test that white male officers are. They claim that only those in a select group are even being offered those positions. It has come to city attention because of recent issues of police struggling to get cooperation in minority neighborhood or being able to communicate with minorites because all of the officers are white men.

So sad to burst your bubble, but women and blacks are not just naturally stupider then white men.

Two questions. First, how is it that whites are "being informed of open positions in higher ranks" and minorities are not?

Second, if that is the problem, that minorities are not being as much prep time as whites, why not address that? Why change the standards, and not simply continue with the test? Just make sure that women, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, homos, and all other minorities have equal time to study as white men?

My guess? The excuses given are complete bullshit.

So, I took 2 seconds to google this story. The issue with the test, apparently, is that minorities are not being informed of open positions in higher ranks and are not being given the same time to prep for the written test that white male officers are. They claim that only those in a select group are even being offered those positions. It has come to city attention because of recent issues of police struggling to get cooperation in minority neighborhood or being able to communicate with minorites because all of the officers are white men.

So sad to burst your bubble, but women and blacks are not just naturally stupider then white men.

Then can you explain why this same thing keeps happening over and over again??

African-American firefighters set to join Chicago Fire Department - Chicago Tribune

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/16/nyregion/court-revives-new-haven-firefighters-lawsuit.html

NAACP vows to challenge N.J. State Police over low black representation in new recruit class | NJ.com

IPAD ONLY Black applicant protests lowering police entrance exam | www.daytondailynews.com

Naval Academy Professor Challenges School's Push for Diversity

Two questions. First, how is it that whites are "being informed of open positions in higher ranks" and minorities are not?

Second, if that is the problem, that minorities are not being as much prep time as whites, why not address that? Why change the standards, and not simply continue with the test? Just make sure that women, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, homos, and all other minorities have equal time to study as white men?

My guess, you didnt read the rest of the thread.

I already answered these questions but will answer again, for you.

The positions are not being posted in a timely fashion if they are posted at all, same goes for test times. Only a select few officers( all white men) are being given the option to take the test.

2nd, they ASKED, let me repeat, they ASKED to be informed beforehand, of open positions and test times. That was the request, a year ago. Cut to a year later, and shockingly, simply telling department heads that they cant tell their buddies when the tests are but not inform everyone else, didnt work. SO the Chief decided to ADD to the written test, other componets to help combat the favoritism in the departments.

The positions are not being posted in a timely fashion if they are posted at all, same goes for test times. Only a select few officers( all white men) are being given the option to take the test.

2nd, they ASKED, let me repeat, they ASKED to be informed beforehand, of open positions and test times. That was the request, a year ago. Cut to a year later, and shockingly, simply telling department heads that they cant tell their buddies when the tests are but not inform everyone else, didnt work. SO the Chief decided to ADD to the written test, other componets to help combat the favoritism in the departments.

I have read several stories on this and NONE make any reference to postings. Post a link to your source or be proven a liar. Here's another article I read:

Of the department’s captains, the next highest rank, only one of 23 is black.

Minority Boston Police Officers Sue Over Promotion Exam | WBUR

The article in the OP says none are black. Who are we supposed to believe? Of course it helps if you understand the fact that the Globe is a left leaning POS rag....

I have read several stories on this and NONE make any reference to postings. Post a link to your source or be proven a liar. Here's another article I read:

The article in the OP says none are black. Who are we supposed to believe? Of course it helps if you understand the fact that the Globe is a left leaning POS rag....

Read the thread, I already posted my links.

Right- I've read that story now. The Global Ministries Christian Church is a highly regarded news source indeed. It's kind of ironic that no other news source is reporting that little tidbit. Of course you choose not to address the point that standards are being lowered all over the country for the sake of diversity.......

Right- I've read that story now. The Global Ministries Christian Church is a highly regarded news source indeed. It's kind of ironic that no other news source is reporting that little tidbit. Of course you choose not to address the point that standards are being lowered all over the country for the sake of diversity.......

Thank you for ignoring the other link I provided. I wonder if you did because it was the same source the OP quoted. :rolleyes:

I think we can both agree arguing is pointless. You will never convince me that white men are inherently superior than everyone else.

Forum List

Back