Boston black cops can't pass written test ... so they get "interviews" instead.

Preparation is needed for these promotions rather than being a police officer on the beat and it appears that the test dates were not publicly posted, but just advanced notification was given to a select group of white police officers.

Appears?? What you mean is that's what the black cops are saying. That's their excuse for their failure. Only an idiot accepts their story.

They didn't ask for special treatment, i. e., interviews instead of tests. All they asked for was to be informed of upcoming tests. If they had asked for special treatment I would have been against it. I do not believe in Affirmative Action.

They intionally were not notified about the tests and didn't have time for preparation??? Link shows that was the case.

Jackson, are you really such a fucktard that you think these Afros can't pass the test for alleged lack of early notice?

So your notion of equality is to tell the white about it and not everyone else because thats fair?

As i predicted, the censors moved this thread to the race relations dungeon. Happens every time a thread is anti liberal and popular.

They didn't ask for special treatment, i. e., interviews instead of tests. All they asked for was to be informed of upcoming tests. If they had asked for special treatment I would have been against it. I do not believe in Affirmative Action.

HAHAHA. Do you really believe that crap about a giant conspiracy to not notify blacks of the upcoming tests.? Even if it was true, then the answer would be to notify them in the future, not to scrap the tests. If we go to interviews, what's to stop these dastardly conspirators from not notifying blacks of the interviews.? HAHA

As i predicted, the censors moved this thread to the race relations dungeon. Happens every time a thread is anti liberal and popular.

Or maybe it happens every time you start a thread about how white men are inherently superior and try to hide it in other forums.

You saying affirmative action does NOT belong in a board about politics???

HAHAHA. Do you really believe that crap about a giant conspiracy to not notify blacks of the upcoming tests.? Even if it was true, then the answer would be to notify them in the future, not to scrap the tests. If we go to interviews, what's to stop these dastardly conspirators from not notifying blacks of the interviews.? HAHA

In liberalism (shitheadism), the problem is White racism and the solution is lower standards for Afros.

(Because the problem really is that Afros are stupid, not that Whites are racist.)

One would think.
So one would....and while all cops should be able to write a bit now and then, it is not necessary that all score high on written tests. Failure to do so should not preclude an otherwise capable candidate from graduating from police academy.

These were promotion tests. They have to know more about the law and working with prosecutors on a case. Preparation is needed for these promotions rather than being a police officer on the beat and it appears that the test dates were not publicly posted, but just advanced notification was given to a select group of white police officers.

Seems to me that you could prepare for the test without any notification at all. I took several tests when I worked for the government so that if openings came up, I could apply for them. Why can't they just be prepared so that when they are notified they pass the test? Again, aren't the notifications made public? Of course there are always people the upper echelon want to advance, not sure that changing the test will change that and I don't think changing the notification process will change that either.

Is there anyone who DOESN'T think a police force works most effectively if it includes a range of different races and ethnicities?

Because if we all agree that we need Asian, Black, Hispanic police as well as whites, then all we need to discuss is how best to achieve that goal.

I tend to sleep a little easier at night believing the best, most qualified applicants are in fact on the job protecting and serving.
I really NEVER consider the race of our public servants until some race baiter makes an issue of it and forces me to do so.

So one would....and while all cops should be able to write a bit now and then, it is not necessary that all score high on written tests. Failure to do so should not preclude an otherwise capable candidate from graduating from police academy.

These were promotion tests. They have to know more about the law and working with prosecutors on a case. Preparation is needed for these promotions rather than being a police officer on the beat and it appears that the test dates were not publicly posted, but just advanced notification was given to a select group of white police officers.

Seems to me that you could prepare for the test without any notification at all. I took several tests when I worked for the government so that if openings came up, I could apply for them. Why can't they just be prepared so that when they are notified they pass the test? Again, aren't the notifications made public? Of course there are always people the upper echelon want to advance, not sure that changing the test will change that and I don't think changing the notification process will change that either.

Did you read the thread?

The only people who are advancing are white men. Women and minorities came forward and said that they weren't being honest in the testing because they were only informing the officers they wanted to advance that positions were opening and when tests would be taken. Only the racist OP is suggesting that just the white men could pass the test. Its about who can score the highest when competing for a position. The men who had advanced noticed were scoring the highest.

The only people who are advancing are white men. Women and minorities came forward and said that they weren't being honest in the testing because they were only informing the officers they wanted to advance that positions were opening and when tests would be taken. Only the racist OP is suggesting that just the white men could pass the test. Its about who can score the highest when competing for a position. The men who had advanced noticed were scoring the highest.

If roaches have enough brains to survive, I guess that explains why you haven't died due to lack of intelligence. I mean, man, are you stupid! If the problem is lack of advanced notice, then why isn't the solution more notice? Why is the solution exempting Afros from the written tests? Can you answer that, or are you going to go in being a total shithead?

If roaches have enough brains to survive, I guess that explains why you haven't died due to lack of intelligence. I mean, man, are you stupid! If the problem is lack of advanced notice, then why isn't the solution more notice? Why is the solution exempting Afros from the written tests? Can you answer that, or are you going to go in being a total shithead?

I know you don't really care for an answer to your question because you're a racist POS, but I'm sure someone else will read this and wonder the same thing, although its already been answered eariler in the thread.

They ASKED for advance notice. Thats what they were originally asking for. I assume it's department policy to post position openings and test dates, so clearly department heads were already breaking the rules and not complying. This has been going on for over a year, at the end of the year they decided to add other components to the written test, to combat issues of unfairness in specific departments.

Shoot Speeders:

It's not about want. Blacks don't have the brains. They are mentally inferior and nothing can be done about that.
___

As i predicted, the censors moved this thread to the race relations dungeon. Happens every time a thread is anti liberal and popular

Amynation:

Or maybe it happens every time you start a thread about how white men are inherently superior and try to hide it in other forums.

Or maybe it is because the thread suddenly became racist.

Boston anything and everything is still about the good old boy system.
I oppose affirmative action but the facts up there tell the story.
Turf protection. "Hire Pete's boy, he is a good kid." is what is going on.
And the minorities suffer.
Just the facts.

You have no idea what this thread is about do you?? All the applicants are given a WRITTEN TEST and the blacks flunk it.

No shit Sherlock.
Not only the blacks flunk it. Plenty of whites do also.
My point is that a test is a very poor indicator of what makes a good cop.
Black or white.
And I do not believe any test is racist or discriminatory against anyone which is always the excuse given by the pimp whore civil rights folk entering into this every time.
All I did was post facts which you ignore.
Same goes with SAT or any of these tests.
I betcha you believe the SAT, the Gold standard of standardized tests, determines intelligence. It does not and does not claim to.
All they claim it does is indicate how well an incoming Freshman will do in college.
And recent studies show the SAT is flawed also. Proven fact that the rote study guide memorizing of multiple choice questions given by Kaplan and other "coaching" clinics increases the scores. Those that have the cash to spend on the coaching classes, nothing about really learning a damn thing, increases the scores.
Standardized tests, and I have a MBA and took a pant load of them, are not a good indicator of what makes a good law enforcement officer.
How much of that test is multiple choice, how much is field work and how much is essay?

Last edited:
I keep a file of my 30 years as a licensed PI working civil and criminal cases. I keep the accident and incident reports of the "most qualified" officers you folk claim are the cream of the crop because they tested high on a standardized test. "Driver of vehicle #1 traveling southbound on North Street said he seen that the light was yellow but he said he come from the other street" and "While measuring the distance between where the theft took place I determined it was 12 foot and 3 inches" are a few of the hundreds of ones I keep for laughter. Of course there are the "Da man says he came homes and his wife was wit another man also" in there too.
Combination of testing and field work needs to be done.
Additionally, when I was helping to write the PI course here we wanted to make available ALL of the sources where one could find the information of what was to be tested. We had opposition to that!
Most of these tests how does an officer know where to access what they are to be tested on FOR PROMOTION?
Lot more to this than "it is affirmative action deja vu".
We need TO TRAIN better these officers and make available WHAT THEY NEED TO KNOW before the tests.

More affirmative action. Blacks are always at the bottom of every test whether it's an IQ test or the SAT or ACT or LSAT or police test or firefighter test. They can't make it on ability .

Boston Police Department planning new promotion system to spur diversity - The Boston Globe

Police to overhaul ranking system
Globe Correspondent / August 9, 2012

Hoping to end decades of tension over the advancement of minority officers, the Boston Police Department plans to overhaul a promotion system that has been criticized for contributing to a lack of diversity in the department’s upper ranks.

Commissioner Edward F. Davis is expected to send an e-mail to officers and command staff Thursday announcing a $2.2 million initiative to *replace a written promotion *exam used statewide with a testing system that could *include interviews and other components designed to provide a broader measure of leadership and potential.

Among the department’s approx*imately two dozen captains — the highest rank determined by the promotion exam — there is one Asian and no blacks, Hispanics, or women.

Where did it state in the article that "Blacks will get interviews instead"? Are you trying to imply that whites and others will have to take a written test and only "the Blacks" will have "interviews"?

That said, I think that all testing methods should be uniform. If you can pass a written test, then you don't qualify for the promotion. It's not "rocket science".

And recent studies show the SAT is flawed also. Proven fact that the rote study guide memorizing of multiple choice questions given by Kaplan and other "coaching" clinics increases the scores. Those that have the cash to spend on the coaching classes, nothing about really learning a damn thing, increases the scores.
?

So preparing for the SAT increases your score?? Of course that's true of all tests. That's not a flaw. And you don't have to pay for coaching . Tons of SAT prep books on the market for $20 or you can buy one at a thrift store for $3 or get one for free at the library.

?

So preparing for the SAT increases your score?? Of course that's true of all tests. That's not a flaw. And you don't have to pay for coaching . Tons of SAT prep books on the market for $20 or you can buy one at a thrift store for $3 or get one for free at the library.

Wait, but you just said that blacks who werent told about the test and therefore couldnt prepare for it should stop complaining. Now you are saying that preparation makes a difference. You just hate blacks...you didnt even mention the hispanics or women of every race. Only the blacks. Feel stupid yet? You should.

Forum List

Back