"Born a Homo"?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by -Cp, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Also, can anyone please tell me why libs always try to excuse a sinful lifestyle choice by saying "people are just born that way"??

Nobody is born a homo - any more than people are born murderers, thieves, adulterers, or chronic liars.

The mainstay argument of homosexuals, lesbians, bi-sexuals, transexuals, multi-sexuals, et al, is that they are "born that way." I say prove that there is a genetic predisposition toward homosexuality in anyone. This is of paramount importance, otherwise anyone who wants to engage in perverted, deviant sexual behavior, i.e. bestiality, pedophilia, could simply claim they are born that way and are entitled to "constitutional rights."

One of the outstanding works available on this subject is a book titled, My Genes Made Me Do It! (218 pgs) by Neil and Briar Whitehead. Neil is a research scientist with a Ph.D. in biochemistry; Briar is a writer. This thoroughly documented, footnoted book answers important questions, i.e., is homosexuality biologically fated? Can homosexuals change their sexual preferences? What does science really say about homosexuality? These authors feel very few understand enough about genetics and human biology to mount a thorough defense of the facts.

In chapter 8 their careful analysis of the flawed findings by a homosexual scientist, Simon LeVay. While the homosexual, lesbian, et al, community have tried to use LeVay's findings as the final word on the question of whether someone is born "gay," this book fully documents and exposes LeVay's skewed research. The Whitehead's aren't alone in their criticism of LeVay's conclusions, other credible analysis on this single argument have been published.

After considerable research on this issue since 1992, I have never found any credible, scientific evidence that men and women are born homosexual or lesbian. Every single study done by "gays" has been discredited or found deficient in proving the only justification they can use to prop up their preferred, deviant sexual behavior. This issue isn't about how nice a sodomite (one who engages in sodomy) or lesbian might be as a person, this is a matter of legal status being given to a class of individuals who claim their behavior is pre-programmed before birth.

America's legal system does not extend constitutional rights against prosecution for pedophiles or sickos who want to have sex with animals. Nor are these groups of people given constitutional rights as a protected class of individuals because they choose to engage in such immoral and disgusting behavior. Absent any credible, solid scientific evidence that someone is born "gay," then there is absolutely no way any court in this land can justify the "right" for homosexuals and lesbians to marry because "they're born that way." These rulings that have come down from benches all over this country in the past six months are bogus because they are based on a myth that is politically and financially driven.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i just would like to know how anyone can explain how some people are just "homo". i hear its a sin, i hear they're born with, i don't know. i just know that some people put their heart and soul into trying to be a heterosexual, to try to be attracted to the opposite sex, to try to deny "homo" feelings.... and most fail. i don't hate or despise them, i feel sorry for them. preach this to some guy who's spent his entire teenage and adulthood years trying to like girls and failing badly, despite all the prayer and mediatation a human being can put in 24 hours, every day.

3. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nato, I think you bring up a good point.

My take is that even though I personally find homosexuality repulsive, I do not hate, nor do I wish bad will on anyone afflicted with this condition. I also do not believe it is always a concious chose to be a homosexual, though I will not go as far as to say it is in the genes, being there is no hard scientific evidence which I am aware of. There might be some studies showing a weak, at best, correlation, but that is just not what I consider hard evidence.

I just do not think we have enough information to make such judgments, and anyone who claims to know, is either a fool or a religious fanatic with a closed mind.

My problem is when people try and convince others that it is "normal", well, it is not, but that can be left for another thread.

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    that's true. i just don't understand it. but like you, i just try to keep an open mind.

5. wade

wade Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at nature. Isn't it obvious that a small percentage of most warm blooded species are homosexual? Cranes for instance - which mate for life, have about a 2-3% incidence of homosexuality. Two (usually, but not always, male) birds pair up and spend their lives together. It is not clear whether both birds in such a pair are actually homosexual, or if one is and the other is just dominated.

Actually there is pleanty of evidence that some people are in fact born murders, thieves, adulterers, or chronic liars.

Murders and liars - have you hever heard of a "psychopath"? While it is believed that this is usually a product of both genetics and nurture, it is a known fact that it can be present from birth - the person is just wired wrong, lacks any empathy or compassion, and is very likely to kill just because it suits them to do so. These people are also chronic liars.

Thieves - a small percentage of people have a predisposition to high risk activities, and often choose to steal to fullfil this aspect of their nature. While some choose other outlets, this group of people will usually steal in the right situation, just for the "rush". Mix this with a little psychopathy, and you have a born theif.

Adulterers - let me modify this one to "rapists", since Adultery is not really a legal crime. I assume in your vast research that you have read of YY and YYY males? These people cannot help themselves, they will rape. Usually by the time they are 16 they have raped a family member or neighbor. By the time they are 20, they are almost always in prison if they have not been killed. A huge percentage of repeat violent rapists in our prisons have this abnormality. And, if they cannot find a female to rape, they will rape a male as well.

Getting back to your original argument about homosexuals... there is very strong evidence to indicate that about 1-2% of the population, mostly males, are in fact genetic homosexuals. About another 2-4% appear to be homosexuals or bi-sexual for non-genetic reasons.

But the real issue here is - what business is it of yours? Why does it matter to you what these people choose to do with their own lives?

I personally do not think the government should recognize marriage, that is a religious institution. The government should recognize "civil unions", and these should be allowed between any pair of consenting adults because of the financial issues involved.

Wade.

6. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Perhaps there has been no genetic link shown. But my personal belief is that these people (yes they are people) - would not actually wake up one day and say "okay, today I think I will become a lesbian or homosexual" - that is bull. I've known quite a few gay men, and whether my children will like me anymore for saying this, we have a lesbian in our family. A finer human being you would never find! I love her dearly, even though she is not related to me by blood. I also have 4 very good friends at work who are gay men. They are some of the kindest people I have met in my 23 years with the company. I have discussed the issue with all of them, and they all said the same thing, they knew from a very young age that there was something "different" about them. But does this make them any more "unhuman" than the rest of us - NO! Gay marriage is another issue unto itself. I do not believe in gay marriages - I do though - think that a gay couple in a long-term relationship should be allowed the benefits (i.e., medical insurance, etc.) that a hetro family is allowed. I have never heard any of the above people try to cram their lifestyle on me, and the only time it is ever discussed is if I bring up the subject. "Love your neighbor as you would love yourself" - live and let live!

7. KLSuddeth

KLSuddeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :clap:
    well said, Joan!

8. wade

wade Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And who would be looking for the "gay gene"? What $ incentive is there to find such a gene?

Only empircal evidence is going to be available for a long time on this issue. We can see by studying animal populations that gayness is indeed natural in a small proportion of almost every warm blooded animal population. Therefore, it is expected it would be the same with humans.

Wade.

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    disposition..

Some people are dispositioned to become motorcycle riders...some are more likely to become artists, or doctors. It's choosing the path you take with teh disposition you have. Homos like homosexuality because it feels good to them. I like riding a motorcycle because it feels good to me. If God forbid me to, I'd stop. It'd be hard to stop. But it's better to do 'right' than to please my senses. Homos don't have the wherewithall to stop their deviant behavior. Gay men are gay because they likely have father issues, AND they enjoy what they do.

Let's ask some 'experts'

The whole 'well animals do it' argument is ridiculous...Tell me, can YOU tell the difference between a male and a female Crane? or dolphin?

:-/ Animals eat their young...they run around naked...they shit in a box in my laundry room...they 'clean' themselves by licking their entire body.

10. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Oh boy, I could write several behaviors that my labrador does, most of which are not socially acceptable for humans. Could you imagine guys at bars going around sniffing butts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.