Boiled eggs, simple with many health benefits.

I used to love eggs, back in the day. I haven't eaten an egg in about 8 years though.

And i'm truly sorry to rain on the parade here, but this is what you are paying for, when you purchase eggs at the store:

And i'm truly sorry to rain on the parade here, but this is what you are paying for, when you purchase eggs at the store:
Nonsense, why would you suggest such obvious bullshit?

A poultry farm doesn't mix chicks and hens, it wouldn't make sense since chicks would be non-producing. Modern poultry farms have hens in cells that have ramps under them to catch eggs and roll them onto a connveyor belt. From there they are sorted either machine or manually to sizes and packed. I'm not taking moral positions on the holding of hens, but for someone to claim grocery store eggs come from some scary video of chicks and eggs being pushed down a chute together is absurd, there is no place for an eggs to sit to be brought to hatching and produce a chick.

Nonsense, why would you suggest such obvious bullshit?

A poultry farm doesn't mix chicks and hens, it wouldn't make sense since chicks would be non-producing. Modern poultry farms have hens in cells that have ramps under them to catch eggs and roll them onto a connveyor belt. From there they are sorted either machine or manually to sizes and packed. I'm not taking moral positions on the holding of hens, but for someone to claim grocery store eggs come from some scary video of chicks and eggs being pushed down a chute together is absurd.

That's not a poultry farm. I was talking about the egg industry. In the egg industry, baby male chicks are useless to them, so they kill them en masse. They either macerate them (as the video shows) or suffocate them. By the millions every year. That is standard practice, all over the world.

Last edited:
That's not a poultry farm. I was talking about the egg industry.
But you said that is what I'm paying for when I buy eggs. Poultry farms buy hens, if you're going to go with whatever degrees of separation you could claim that someone who buys celery is paying to destroy beautiful trees to clear space for farms.

But you said that is what I'm paying for when I buy eggs. Poultry farms buy hens, if you're going to go with whatever degrees of separation you could claim that someone who buys celery is paying to destroy beautiful trees to clear space for farms.

Yes, that is what you're paying for when you buy eggs. Look it up yourself, here's an article for you:

The egg industry is different than factory farms that raise chicken for meat. (That has its own horror stories, but that's not what we're talking about here.)

And here's a documentary if you want to learn the ugly reality about all the different animal industries:

Last edited:
Don't forget about boiled eggs. They are easy to prepare, are packed with health benefits and are only around 80 calories.
Absolutely .
Always have a half a dozen in the fridge which I mostly mash with grated cheese and a handful of condiments plus a dollop of mayonnaise and a squirt of tomatoe sauce .
Depending what sort of pig you are, you can substitute a quality jam for the tomatoe sauce .

Probably unconsciously reminds me of baby food but it is delicious .

Yes, that is what you're paying for when you buy eggs. Look it up yourself, here's an article for you:

The egg industry is different than factory farms that raise chicken for meat. (That has its own horror stories, but that's not what we're talking about here.)

And here's a documentary if you want to learn the ugly reality about all the different animal industries:

It may be cruel, but I do eat eggs and meat and I even use milk ( even though I am not one to usually drink milk). We humans are part of nature like many other predators. Nature is cruel. Ever see a video of a tiger attacking it's prey....it's brutal.

To get the bright yellow fluffy yokes like the picture shows,

In large pan cover the eggs with plenty of cold water.
Bring to rolling boil, boil uncovered for three minutes.
Remove from heat, cover and let stand for five minutes.
Pour off hot water and cool eggs under running cold water until cool.
Peel immediately for easy peeling.
/----/ I bring mine to a rapid boil, remove from heat, and leave covered for 14 minutes then rinse in cold water for the same result. It cuts down on cooking time. And the fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel. I have two a day.

I thought about becoming a vegan, but then I found out plants scream when they're hacked on and eaten, too.

They sound horrible. Chickens just die when you chop their heads off. Vegans are sick torturers; butchers are more humane.

I thought about becoming a vegan, but then I found out plants scream when they're hacked on and eaten, too.

They sound horrible. Chickens just die when you chop their heads off. Vegans are sick torturers; butchers are more humane.
I am a scavenger. I hardly ever kill what I eat.

Chicken don't just die, they can flop around even after losing their heads.

No, I'm paying for the eggs themselves.

If you put gas in your car you're paying to destroy the planet with drilling = same silly logic.

No, that is not at all the same logic, not even remotely close. I don't know why this is so hard for you.

Of course you're paying for the eggs themselves, but in order to get those eggs the companies you are giving your money to cull baby male chicks because they are useless to the egg industry. Again, look it up yourself. I already gave you links to look at.

Look, I get the need to rationalize things in order to be able to continue doing them. That's called cognitive dissonance. Some of us were just talking about that on another thread recently. (Blues Man )

But your refusal to accept the reality doesn't change the reality. Own up to it, like Joe Momma did a few posts up.

Forum List

Back