Boehner walks away from debt talks

Why were the GOP plans never submitted when they controlled government from 2000-2006?

Didn't the right run on cutting Medicare and SS from 1994 on?

we are speaking of and to budgets.....the deficit hello?

and since you brought healthcare too, heres another "plan" he owes, not submitted or seen by anyone either;

06/14/11 03:08 PM ET

The top Republicans on the House and Senate budget committees demanded Tuesday that President Obama submit a proposal to shore up Medicare, which they say is required by law.

"Given the severity of this problem and your legal obligations, the nation needs leadership on this issue," says the letter from Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). "Therefore, we reasonably expect your administration to submit a detailed legislative proposal to Congress addressing the Medicare funding warning as required by law."

The lawmakers point to a provision in the 2003 Medicare Modernization Act that directs the administration to address the program's solvency when the Medicare Trustees trigger a funding warning, which they did last month for the sixth year in a row. Under the law, the administration has 15 days after submitting the president's budget to Congress to propose solutions to Medicare's fiscal imbalance.

Top Budget Republicans demand presidential action on Medicare - The Hill's Healthwatch

its been due since March...hello

Why were the GOP plans never submitted when they controlled government from 2000-2006?

Wasn't Medicare Part D also in the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003? How was Medicare Part D funded in the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003?

your misdirection is noted, you want me to go back 8 years and you refuse to answer a direct question in the here and now.

I have to conclude you refusal to answers the questions speaks to your lack of intellectual honesty.

Why should democrats even have a say in this? They have not put anything on paper regarding a budget in over 800 days......

The senate and the president will have a say in this. The House will do what the teaparty wants them to do and America will object and say so at the voting booth.

Do you believe that the Republicans' corporate masters are just going to let the tea party poopers screw up the economy?

This may just be kabuki theater performance which is meant to create the a show that Boehner is hanging tough and holding out for the best deal possible

Or it could be that the Frankenstein monster they helped create (the Tea Party, IOW) has gotten out of control.

we are speaking of and to budgets.....the deficit hello?

and since you brought healthcare too, heres another "plan" he owes, not submitted or seen by anyone either;

06/14/11 03:08 PM ET

The top Republicans on the House and Senate budget committees demanded Tuesday that President Obama submit a proposal to shore up Medicare, which they say is required by law.

"Given the severity of this problem and your legal obligations, the nation needs leadership on this issue," says the letter from Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). "Therefore, we reasonably expect your administration to submit a detailed legislative proposal to Congress addressing the Medicare funding warning as required by law."

The lawmakers point to a provision in the 2003 Medicare Modernization Act that directs the administration to address the program's solvency when the Medicare Trustees trigger a funding warning, which they did last month for the sixth year in a row. Under the law, the administration has 15 days after submitting the president's budget to Congress to propose solutions to Medicare's fiscal imbalance.

Top Budget Republicans demand presidential action on Medicare - The Hill's Healthwatch

its been due since March...hello

Wasn't Medicare Part D also in the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003? How was Medicare Part D funded in the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003?

your misdirection is noted, you want me to go back 8 years and you refuse to answer a direct question in the here and now.

I have to conclude you refusal to answers the questions speaks to your lack of intellectual honesty.

It must be frustrating for Boehner to have to work with such a liberal shitbag who is never going to want to make serious cuts and only wants to raise taxes.

Almost as frustrating as trying to work with RW douchebags who either don't understand or don't care about real consequenses of default.

Why should democrats even have a say in this? They have not put anything on paper regarding a budget in over 800 days......

The senate and the president will have a say in this. The House will do what the teaparty wants them to do and America will object and say so at the voting booth.

I see , so that election is cool, but the one we just had 8 months ago means what exactly?

Where was any mention of "that election"?

As far as the last election goes, it means they have one house of Congress while the Dems have the other house and the WH. IOW, the Dems are still relevant no matter how much Republicans don't want them to be.

I have to conclude you refusal to answer the questions speaks to your lack of intellectual honesty.

I see , so that election is cool, but the one we just had 8 months ago means what exactly?

As far as the last election goes, it means they have one house of Congress while the Dems have the other house and the WH. IOW, the Dems are still relevant no matter how much Republicans don't want them to be.

say so at the voting booth.

:rolleyes:

Nice dodge. Dems are still relevant, the results of last election notwithstanding. If their efforts to not let Republicans destroy what's left of the social safety net are frowned upon, then the voters will let them know.

Nice dodge. Dems are still relevant, the results of last election notwithstanding. If their efforts to not let Republicans destroy what's left of the social safety net are frowned upon, then the voters will let them know.

I never said they weren't, are there any other positions that you want to make up for me or is this it?

I never said they weren't, are there any other positions that you want to make up for me or is this it?

Well, what the hell were you trying to say, then, if you weren't saying that?

Obama is the worst President in the History of this country.

Hardly.

George W. Bush is the worst president in American history.

Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget, a strong economy, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later Bush left Obama with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars.

Now the Republicans in the House are going to ruin the economy in the hopes that it will win them the 2012 election.

Is there no evil the Republican Party won't endorse?

You liberals must get this through your cement heads. 2010 was a wake up call, to shrink the government. You can't do that and keep creating more debt. Boehner did the correct adult thing.

Yet, Boehner will take that same deal by the time the sunday morning political shows end. Well before the stock market opening.

Obama is the worst President in the History of this country.

Hardly.

George W. Bush is the worst president in American history.

Clinton left Bush with a balanced budget, a strong economy, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later Bush left Obama with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars.

Now the Republicans in the House are going to ruin the economy in the hopes that it will win them the 2012 election.

Is there no evil the Republican Party won't endorse?

Clinton left no balanced budget Clinton also left us the road to 9/11 bosnia ring a bell?

Eight years later Bush left Obama with a trillion dollar deficit, a shattered economy, and two useless wars

So what will oibama leave the next president in 2012?
14 plus trillion. Right now a trillion would sound like a winner to me.

Forum List

Back