Boehner uses procedural move to block Obama Recess Appointments

It is interesting that you know how all his fellow students thought of him.

Why do you find it interesting? It all came out during the primary, didn't you pay attention to everything the Hillary supporters dug up?

Really?

So then you would have no problem providing a list of all his classmates along with quotes from all of them saying he was nothing but hot air or something to that effect.

Thanks in advance.

Seriously? What were you doing in 1998 and 1999? Do you remember this ad?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yr7odFUARg]‪Hillary Clinton Ad - 3 AM White House Ringing Phone‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

There were hundreds of challenges to Obama's leadership skills during the primary, there is no way I could dig them all up. A lot of the left did not like him during his Harvard days because he would never take a stand for any of their causes, he was always more interested in avoiding conflict.

That practice has carried him through his entire life.

Yet another fine example of Conservative tactics to nullify majority rule.

Good one, folks.

Looks good to me. Recess appointments have been abused by BOTH sides to get people appointed who shouldn't be.

You guys screamed when Bush made recess appointments over the objections of the Democrats in Congress.

Now, I do think the Senate needs to give these guys up or down votes, absolutely.

Summer time for Congress, the rest of August on vacation....yet, hes still thinking on his feet, some little parting chin music for Obama to end the session….:clap2:

After the House of Representatives passed the bill to extend the debt limit, it adjourned for the summer, but not before Republicans took advantage of a procedural move that will help block President Obama from making recess appointments during the upcoming break.
While the House will be adjourned, it will continue to hold so-called “pro forma” sessions throughout August.

Though it’s the Senate that must confirm presidential appointments, under the U.S. Constitution, it cannot adjourn for more than three days without the approval of the House. Therefore, the House has maintained the ability to prevent the Senate from going into full recess, effectively blocking Obama from making recess appointments.

House procedural move will help block Obama recess appointments during August break | Philip Klein | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

so it amuses you to watch your elected officials act like the pieces of trash they are? no surprises.

:cool:

Summer time for Congress, the rest of August on vacation....yet, hes still thinking on his feet, some little parting chin music for Obama to end the session….:clap2:

After the House of Representatives passed the bill to extend the debt limit, it adjourned for the summer, but not before Republicans took advantage of a procedural move that will help block President Obama from making recess appointments during the upcoming break.
While the House will be adjourned, it will continue to hold so-called “pro forma” sessions throughout August.

Though it’s the Senate that must confirm presidential appointments, under the U.S. Constitution, it cannot adjourn for more than three days without the approval of the House. Therefore, the House has maintained the ability to prevent the Senate from going into full recess, effectively blocking Obama from making recess appointments.

House procedural move will help block Obama recess appointments during August break | Philip Klein | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

swoon

boehner is so crafty.

sigh

Nazis and commies are from the same cloth, just different ways of getting to same results, control of the people.

Naw..they aren't.

Nazis were the muscle of the Christian move to eradicate Jews from Europe.

Commies? Not so much.

Stalin killed more Jews than Hitler. Hell. Stalin killed more people than Hitler. I don't know if that makes him a Christian or not, but it certainly makes him better at killing.

Stalin "killed"? Killed how? Did he use his kung fu grip to kill all these people?

Fill me in.

How'd they die..exactly?

swoon

boehner is so crafty.

sigh

Sho' Nuff!

That man can hand out Tabbacy checks and the floor of congress and do a double spin to cry for TARP money!

Why do you find it interesting? It all came out during the primary, didn't you pay attention to everything the Hillary supporters dug up?

Really?

So then you would have no problem providing a list of all his classmates along with quotes from all of them saying he was nothing but hot air or something to that effect.

Thanks in advance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yr7odFUARg]‪Hillary Clinton Ad - 3 AM White House Ringing Phone‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

There were hundreds of challenges to Obama's leadership skills during the primary, there is no way I could dig them all up. A lot of the left did not like him during his Harvard days because he would never take a stand for any of their causes, he was always more interested in avoiding conflict.

So yeah, none of that supports your assertion that "his fellow students all thought he was nothing but hot air"

Good one, folks.

Looks good to me. Recess appointments have been abused by BOTH sides to get people appointed who shouldn't be.

You guys screamed when Bush made recess appointments over the objections of the Democrats in Congress.

Now, I do think the Senate needs to give these guys up or down votes, absolutely.

Well not quite.

Bush essentially got the cabinet he wanted.

This is a newly created agency they are blocking. It's one that is sorely needed too.

But then again..you guys don't give a fuck if assholes like John "Derivatives have been very good to me" Thane bundles up shit sandwiches in silver wrappings to fleece investors.

It's all good.

The taxpayers are spotting it. :lol:

Really?

Thanks in advance.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yr7odFUARg"]‪Hillary Clinton Ad - 3 AM White House Ringing Phone‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

So yeah, none of that supports your assertion that "his fellow students all thought he was nothing but hot air"

1998 and 1999?

Excuse me?

Please explain, using small words since they are all you can manage, how the House blocking 1 person from making government appointments without putting them to a vote is in any way, shape, or form, nullifying majority rule.

I'm here waiting alongside, QW

:eusa_whistle:

you will have to excuse Sallow. The few remaining brain cells are fighting for oxygen, and I think the losing one prompted that comment.

Well thanks.

Coming from a cave dweller like yourself..that's quite a compliment.

‪Hillary Clinton Ad - 3 AM White House Ringing Phone‬‏ - YouTube

1998 and 1999?

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Naw..they aren't.

Commies? Not so much.

Stalin killed more Jews than Hitler. Hell. Stalin killed more people than Hitler. I don't know if that makes him a Christian or not, but it certainly makes him better at killing.

Stalin "killed"? Killed how? Did he use his kung fu grip to kill all these people?

Fill me in.

How'd they die..exactly?

:lol:

I can't tell you whether Stalin killed more Jews than Hitler or anything but Stalin sure killed a shitload of people only much like Hitler he preferred others do the dirty work for him.

Naw..they aren't.

Commies? Not so much.

Fill me in.

How'd they die..exactly?

Which ones? There were 23 million, give or take.

Have you figured out how one person is a majority yet?

Good one, folks.

Well not quite.

Bush essentially got the cabinet he wanted.

This is a newly created agency they are blocking. It's one that is sorely needed too.

But then again..you guys don't give a fuck if assholes like John "Derivatives have been very good to me" Thane bundles up shit sandwiches in silver wrappings to fleece investors.

It's all good.

The taxpayers are spotting it. :lol:

It is not a newly created agency, it is an abuse of power.

so it amuses you to watch your elected officials act like the pieces of trash they are? no surprises.

:cool:

piece of trash? :lol:hyperbole alert. :lol:from the queen of selectivity, I take that as high praise...

Last edited:
Bush appointed cronies with this tactic over and over and over averting the battles in the congress with which he is supposed to share this task with.

He did and end run arround the constitution.

Forum List

Back