Boehner uses procedural move to block Obama Recess Appointments

Dear President Obama,

We know your Democratic colleagues in the Congress pretty much just bent over and gave us everything we wanted, so... just in case you didn't get the message, here's a little "Fuck You" before we adjourn.

Don't want to let you go appointing people to important posts now. That would be too much like "Governing".

Suck it!
-Boehner

I've never seen any proof that he even went to college...i've googled it several ways. Do you have at least a picture of any of his degrees, or a reliable site to prove it?

So because you've never personally seen his diplomas, that means he's a liar who never went to college? You might want to try pulling your head from your ass. On second thought, keep it there. It's not doing you any good.

I posted a few helpful links direct from the school itself, not to mention the NY Times, but that's not good enough, apparently.

Of course it's not good enough. Just like the birth certificate wasn't enough.

Well, I love doing research. So here's more. :eusa_whistle:

Just as he does now that he is a senator, Mr. Obama spoke then about his own biography — initially, Mr. Ogletree said, to correct anyone who assumed he had acquired his position with ease. His message, Mr. Ogletree said, was, “Don’t look at my success and assume that I have had a silver spoon in my mouth and gold coins in my hand.”

During the constant arguments about race and merit, everyone could point to Mr. Obama and find justification for their views. He had acknowledged benefiting from affirmative action in the past, so those who supported it saw him as the happy product of their beliefs.

But those who opposed it saw his presidency as the triumph of meritocracy. He was a black man who had helped one of Harvard’s most celebrated professors, Laurence H. Tribe, with an article on law and physics, and would graduate magna cum laude.

In Law School, Obama Found Political Voice - New York Times

Just as he does now that he is a senator, Mr. Obama spoke then about his own biography — initially, Mr. Ogletree said, to correct anyone who assumed he had acquired his position with ease. His message, Mr. Ogletree said, was, “Don’t look at my success and assume that I have had a silver spoon in my mouth and gold coins in my hand.”

During the constant arguments about race and merit, everyone could point to Mr. Obama and find justification for their views. He had acknowledged benefiting from affirmative action in the past, so those who supported it saw him as the happy product of their beliefs.

But those who opposed it saw his presidency as the triumph of meritocracy. He was a black man who had helped one of Harvard’s most celebrated professors, Laurence H. Tribe, with an article on law and physics, and would graduate magna cum laude.

is mr obama's duodenum looking well?

i'm sure you can see it fairly clearly from where you are.

Barack Obama, Harvard Law Review editor, March 19, 1990 - latimes.com

But what truly distinguishes Obama from other bright students at Harvard Law, Tribe said, is his ability to make sense of complex legal arguments and translate them into current social concerns. For example, Tribe said, Obama wrote an insightful research article showing how contrasting views in the abortion debate are a direct result of cultural and sociological differences.

As law review president, Obama is the last person to edit student articles, as well as longer pieces by accomplished legal scholars. The review publishes eight times a year and receives about 600 free-lance articles each year.

Referring to his fellow students at the review, whom he edits, he said: "These are the people who will be running the country in some form or other when they graduate. If I'm talking to a white conservative who wants to dismantle the welfare state, he has the respect to listen to me and I to him. That's the biggest value of the Harvard Law Review. Ideas get fleshed out and there is no party line to follow."

And another:

Obama first made history at HLS

Tribe rarely hired first-year students but recalls being struck by Obama’s unusual combination of intelligence, curiosity and maturity. He was so impressed in fact, that he hired Obama on the spot—and wrote his name and phone number on his calendar that day—March 31, 1989—for posterity.

Obama helped research a complicated article Tribe wrote making connections between physics and constitutional law as well as a book about abortion. The following year, Obama enrolled in Tribe’s constitutional law course.

Tribe likes to say he had taught about 4,000 students before Obama and another 4,000 since, yet none has impressed him more.

Professor Martha Minow recalls: “He had a kind of eloquence and respect from his peers that was really quite remarkable,” Minow says. When he spoke in her class on law and society, “everyone became very attentive and very quiet.”

no one is contesting he was at Harvard or in Harvard law, I already posted the fact that according to the boston globe 80% of harv. grads graduate with some type of honors....I am just wondering what the big secret is because aside from gumps link which is a link to a link, I cannot find it...*shrugs*

and zip on columbia..of course if sallow didn't just burp up BS he'd be doing this work for us:lol:he made the claim.

is mr obama's duodenum looking well?

i'm sure you can see it fairly clearly from where you are.

lower GI;)

Interesting to see how Boehner only cares about recess appointments when the President in office has a (D) next to his name.

But hey, both sides do this.

We can always hope that both parties will keep up the practice even when the president is from the same party. Recess appointments are antiquated now that Congress can get back to Washington in hours.

It also includes a link to Encyclopedia Britanica whose only reference to Barrack Obama and Harvard is the caption of a picture.

More:

Among an extraordinarily bright and deep group of students, Barack was perhaps the brightest and the deepest, but he wore his knowledge lightly and gave an impression of warmth and compassion that made him one of the most well-liked people in our class
An op-ed by Professor Kenneth Mack: Even at Harvard, Obama had a knack for bonding

It is interesting how his professors all thought he was capable, and his fellow students all thought he was nothing but hot air.

It also includes a link to Encyclopedia Britanica whose only reference to Barrack Obama and Harvard is the caption of a picture.

More:

Among an extraordinarily bright and deep group of students, Barack was perhaps the brightest and the deepest, but he wore his knowledge lightly and gave an impression of warmth and compassion that made him one of the most well-liked people in our class
An op-ed by Professor Kenneth Mack: Even at Harvard, Obama had a knack for bonding

It is interesting how his professors all thought he was capable, and his fellow students all thought he was nothing but hot air.

It is interesting that you know how all his fellow students thought of him.

Last edited:
I've never seen any proof that he even went to college...i've googled it several ways. Do you have at least a picture of any of his degrees, or a reliable site to prove it?

So because you've never personally seen his diplomas, that means he's a liar who never went to college? You might want to try pulling your head from your ass. On second thought, keep it there. It's not doing you any good.

I posted a few helpful links direct from the school itself, not to mention the NY Times, but that's not good enough, apparently.

I have no problem with Obama graduating from HLS with second honors, I just do not understand why he is ashamed of it.

Are you aware that people who write two autobiographies before they are 40 generally spend a significant portion of their lives in mental institutions?

He's confused. The Professor is a professor now. He was one of Obama's classmates.

Barack was one of the first people I met nearly 20 years ago at Harvard, when I began my first extended sojourn outside of my native central Pennsylvania. We were in the same first-year section and became good friends during that year and the next two, when we served together on the editorial staff of the Harvard Law Review.

obama_2008: Op-ed on Obama from Prof. Kenneth Mack

Why do you find it interesting? It all came out during the primary, didn't you pay attention to everything the Hillary supporters dug up?

Why do you find it interesting? It all came out during the primary, didn't you pay attention to everything the Hillary supporters dug up?

Really?

So then you would have no problem providing a list of all his classmates along with quotes from all of them saying he was nothing but hot air or something to that effect.

Thanks in advance.

Yet another fine example of Conservative tactics to nullify majority rule.

Good one, folks.

Excuse me?

Please explain, using small words since they are all you can manage, how the House blocking 1 person from making government appointments without putting them to a vote is in any way, shape, or form, nullifying majority rule.

I'm here waiting alongside, QW

:eusa_whistle:

Good one, folks.

Excuse me?

Please explain, using small words since they are all you can manage, how the House blocking 1 person from making government appointments without putting them to a vote is in any way, shape, or form, nullifying majority rule.

Apparently the use of a recess appointment IS "majority rule" when a lib likes the other lib who is doing the appointing.

:cuckoo:

Excuse me?

Apparently the use of a recess appointment IS "majority rule" when a lib likes the other lib who is doing the appointing.

:cuckoo:

I guess if everybody is in recess, that would make Obama his own majority???
:clap2:

Good one, folks.

Excuse me?

you will have to excuse Sallow. The few remaining brain cells are fighting for oxygen, and I think the losing one prompted that comment.

Forum List

Back