Boehner uses procedural move to block Obama Recess Appointments

Yet another fine example of Conservative tactics to nullify majority rule.

Good one, folks.

Did you squawk when the previous house did it?

Did what?

Bush got his appointments through very quickly. Same with the Judges. And he complained like a stuck pig when there was the slightest questioning about the assholes he put in as heads of some very important agencies.

Like FEMA.

And it cost nearly 2000 American lives in Louisiana.

Sure he did.

Even if what you are saying is true, which I dispute, it has nothing to do with what is happening here.

Nazis generally fall back on the old Communist canard.
Nazis and commies are from the same cloth, just different ways of getting to same results, control of the people.

Naw..they aren't.

Nazis were the muscle of the Christian move to eradicate Jews from Europe.

Commies? Not so much.

Stalin killed more Jews than Hitler. Hell. Stalin killed more people than Hitler. I don't know if that makes him a Christian or not, but it certainly makes him better at killing.

Seems like a petty little jab, just to keep the extremist partisan rhetoric going.

Good work Boner, oh I mean Boehner.

Wait, no, I was right the first time.

A self proclaimed Constitutional lawyer... Show me something he has written that proves his right to that claim.

"Self Proclaimed"? What the fuck does that mean?

He passed the bar. He has a license to practice law. He graduated from Columbia and Harvard. With degrees and honors.

Where do you people come up with this bullshit.

links please.

"In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year,[33] and president of the journal in his second year.[29][34] During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as a summer associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[35] After graduating with a Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago.[33] Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review gained national media attention[29][34] and led to a publishing contract and advance for a book about race relations,[37] which evolved into a personal memoir. The manuscript was published in mid-1995 as Dreams from My Father.[37]"

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, magna cum laude means "with high honour"...

He passed the bar. He has a license to practice law. He graduated from Columbia and Harvard. With degrees and honors.

links please.

"In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year,[33] and president of the journal in his second year.[29][34] During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as a summer associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[35] After graduating with a Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago.[33] Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review gained national media attention[29][34] and led to a publishing contract and advance for a book about race relations,[37] which evolved into a personal memoir. The manuscript was published in mid-1995 as Dreams from My Father.[37]"

btw , uhm yes I knew that ;)

and columbia?

links please.

Well, but that was affirmative action, and knowing how to kiss ass. They give just anybody the Editor of the Harvard Law Review - they just have to suck up.

Or so I've heard.

links please.

Just an FYI, that is a quotation of this article.

Barack Obama | World news | guardian.co.uk

It also includes a link to Encyclopedia Britanica whose only reference to Barrack Obama and Harvard is the caption of a picture.

links please.

Just an FYI, that is a quotation of this article.

Barack Obama | World news | guardian.co.uk

It also includes a link to Encyclopedia Britanica whose only reference to Barrack Obama and Harvard is the caption of a picture.

80% of Harvard law graduates with some honors as well, for what thats worth, I thought his records were sealed btw:eusa_eh:

why didn't they mention that here btw?

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...rent&transport=fragment&frame=f3262b6f9567b52

Last edited:
And another:

Obama first made history at HLS

Tribe rarely hired first-year students but recalls being struck by Obama’s unusual combination of intelligence, curiosity and maturity. He was so impressed in fact, that he hired Obama on the spot—and wrote his name and phone number on his calendar that day—March 31, 1989—for posterity.

Obama helped research a complicated article Tribe wrote making connections between physics and constitutional law as well as a book about abortion. The following year, Obama enrolled in Tribe’s constitutional law course.

Tribe likes to say he had taught about 4,000 students before Obama and another 4,000 since, yet none has impressed him more.

Professor Martha Minow recalls: “He had a kind of eloquence and respect from his peers that was really quite remarkable,” Minow says. When he spoke in her class on law and society, “everyone became very attentive and very quiet.”

Summer time for Congress, the rest of August on vacation....yet, hes still thinking on his feet, some little parting chin music for Obama to end the session….:clap2:

After the House of Representatives passed the bill to extend the debt limit, it adjourned for the summer, but not before Republicans took advantage of a procedural move that will help block President Obama from making recess appointments during the upcoming break.
While the House will be adjourned, it will continue to hold so-called “pro forma” sessions throughout August.

Though it’s the Senate that must confirm presidential appointments, under the U.S. Constitution, it cannot adjourn for more than three days without the approval of the House. Therefore, the House has maintained the ability to prevent the Senate from going into full recess, effectively blocking Obama from making recess appointments.

House procedural move will help block Obama recess appointments during August break | Philip Klein | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

so the senate has to come back and meet every 3 days or be in violation of the constitution?
How many tax dollars will that cost?

Interesting to see how Boehner only cares about recess appointments when the President in office has a (D) next to his name.

But hey, both sides do this.

More:

Among an extraordinarily bright and deep group of students, Barack was perhaps the brightest and the deepest, but he wore his knowledge lightly and gave an impression of warmth and compassion that made him one of the most well-liked people in our class

An op-ed by Professor Kenneth Mack: Even at Harvard, Obama had a knack for bonding

links please.

Well, but that was affirmative action, and knowing how to kiss ass. They give just anybody the Editor of the Harvard Law Review - they just have to suck up.

Or so I've heard.

yep, they do. it used to be based on academics, but that went by the board some time ago. they still require that one actually be enrolled, though.

A self proclaimed Constitutional lawyer... Show me something he has written that proves his right to that claim.

I've never seen any proof that he even went to college...i've googled it several ways. Do you have at least a picture of any of his degrees, or a reliable site to prove it?

So because you've never personally seen his diplomas, that means he's a liar who never went to college? You might want to try pulling your head from your ass. On second thought, keep it there. It's not doing you any good.

I've never seen any proof that he even went to college...i've googled it several ways. Do you have at least a picture of any of his degrees, or a reliable site to prove it?

So because you've never personally seen his diplomas, that means he's a liar who never went to college? You might want to try pulling your head from your ass. On second thought, keep it there. It's not doing you any good.

I posted a few helpful links direct from the school itself, not to mention the NY Times, but that's not good enough, apparently.

Forum List

Back