Boehner turned down a trip on Air Force One to attend the memorial in Tucson

What's the big deal? I mean Obama missed the memorial for the Gulf Oil disaster that killed 10 people and he missed the Ft Hood memoral where 13 people lost their lives. I didn't hear a peep out of you left wing retards about it.

I wouldn't climb on a plane with obama either. I wouldn't shake his hand, nor would I take part in a standing ovation for him at a memorial service.

This thread is a perfect example of why I rarely venture into the Politics Forum.

Nothing but bullshit.

given the behavior of the Obamabots, I can understand his reluctance to attend. The speech was something entirely unexpected and wonderful. Boehner had good reason to be suspicious. He had no reason to expect to hear the speech Obama actually gave.

So:

1) it was very gracious for Obama to give the invitation
2) there was no good reason for Boehner to be there.
3) it was good speech. I look forward to more like it

Boehner Didn't Really Snub Obama, Tucson Memorial | TPMDC

From the link:

But a look at the timeline of events paints Boehner in a better light.

Yesterday, House members attended a vigil for victims of the Arizona shooting spree in an auditorium underneath the Capitol Visitor's Center... There was one small revision to the schedule, though: Minority Whip Steny Hoyer would be reading Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's portion of scripture, because she was on her way to Tucson with the President.

If Boehner had accepted the invitation, then the leaders of both parties would have missed the Wednesday vigil...

...Boehner's spokesman Michael Steel confirmed, and defended his boss. "Boehner would not have been able to attend the bipartisan prayer service if he'd gone to Tucson," he said. "Yesterday, Rep. Giffords' colleagues on both sides of the aisle honored her and mourned those who were lost. The Speaker felt his place was here in the House, with them."

Boehner's also getting knocked around a bit for what he decided to do while in DC: he attended an organizing event for Maria Cino...
...Steel says he spoke for three minutes and left the event in time to watch Obama's speech on television. And while he plausibly could have made it out to Tucson separately in time for the service, Boehner would most likely have had to charter a military plane, to which he has access as Speaker...

Talking heads noticed his absence, and criticized him after Obama's speech ended, and Democratic aides piled on in anonymous quotes to Politico and the Daily Caller. But the narrative taking hold -- that Boehner rejected a ride on Air Force One in order to attend an RNC event -- is more complicated than the soundbites.

Now shut the fuck up and quit trying to use this tragedy to bludgeon your political opponents, all of you.

Bunch of fucking grade schoolers...

This to me is a total non-issue. Much like we shouldn't care about Obama golfing or where his family goes on vacation. Who the hell cares and what does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

At the time of unity, why did a Democrat flack take to occasion to call the press and smear him?
WHO called the Press????? :eusa_eh:

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>​

I'm gonna break the habit of ignoring the drooling moronic posting of Shamoo and respond.

The White House Press Center would be the ones who leaked it to the media.
You're a true John Boner disciple.......

We_Got_Nothing.jpg

I wouldn't climb on a plane with obama either. I wouldn't shake his hand, nor would I take part in a standing ovation for him at a memorial service.
McCain and Kyl, who sat behind the president, couldn't bring themselves to shake Obama's hand after the speech either.

WHO called the Press????? :eusa_eh:

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>​

I'm gonna break the habit of ignoring the drooling moronic posting of Shamoo and respond.

The White House Press Center would be the ones who leaked it to the media.
You're a true John Boner disciple.......

Your idiocy is why I do not bother reading your posts much. Only the morons are politicizing this. And, should you ever make the effort to actually read the facts of what took place, you would see how ridiculous you look to everyone else. I understand that, in your head, no one is capable of taking a non partisan view of this.... but I do. Your accusations are baseless shit. You are using this tragedy for politics. I find that reprehensible.​

McCain and Kyl, who sat behind the president, couldn't bring themselves to shake Obama's hand after the speech either.

Or, maybe... because they meet with him more often than most of those at the event, they all - including Obama - thought that he should press the flesh of those who do not get that opportunity and actually were affected by the events.... Maybe, they didn't think it was a big deal. Maybe, only fucking fools make it into a big deal - because they want to bitch about the GOP. Stupidity is one thing that infects both sides.

Boehner Didn't Really Snub Obama, Tucson Memorial | TPMDC

From the link:

Yesterday, House members attended a vigil for victims of the Arizona shooting spree in an auditorium underneath the Capitol Visitor's Center... There was one small revision to the schedule, though: Minority Whip Steny Hoyer would be reading Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's portion of scripture, because she was on her way to Tucson with the President.

If Boehner had accepted the invitation, then the leaders of both parties would have missed the Wednesday vigil...

...Boehner's spokesman Michael Steel confirmed, and defended his boss. "Boehner would not have been able to attend the bipartisan prayer service if he'd gone to Tucson," he said. "Yesterday, Rep. Giffords' colleagues on both sides of the aisle honored her and mourned those who were lost. The Speaker felt his place was here in the House, with them."

Boehner's also getting knocked around a bit for what he decided to do while in DC: he attended an organizing event for Maria Cino...
...Steel says he spoke for three minutes and left the event in time to watch Obama's speech on television. And while he plausibly could have made it out to Tucson separately in time for the service, Boehner would most likely have had to charter a military plane, to which he has access as Speaker...

Talking heads noticed his absence, and criticized him after Obama's speech ended, and Democratic aides piled on in anonymous quotes to Politico and the Daily Caller. But the narrative taking hold -- that Boehner rejected a ride on Air Force One in order to attend an RNC event -- is more complicated than the soundbites.

Now shut the fuck up and quit trying to use this tragedy to bludgeon your political opponents, all of you.

Bunch of fucking grade schoolers...

Truth is a candle in the darkness.

I was going to post the same thing via a HA link but you beat me to it, well done.

No, Boehner didn&#8217;t &#8220;snub&#8221; memorial rally Hot Air

Ed Morrissey on the same story you linked to above...

Boehner’s role as leader of the House was to be on Capitol Hill to lead the House in its own memorial for Giffords’ aide and its vigil for its member. Pelosi, as the leader of her caucus, could have appropriately chosen either venue for her public appearance. Both chose wisely, and both spent their time appropriately honoring the fallen.

Your idiocy is why I do not bother reading your posts much.

Add him to your ignore list. I did it a long time ago, along with rdean. Maybe when he realizes he's just talking to himself he'll finally grow up.

I don't use the ignore list thing. I just move straight past his posts. Left or right, he is the only poster I just do not read. Now I remember why. I don't cope well with stupid - I can't speak their language.

I think it would have been a good thing if he had decided to go.

It would have presented a spirit of unity in the midst of a national tradgedy.

It would have displayed good leadership

Hard of reading? :razz:

Yesterday, House members attended a vigil for victims of the Arizona shooting spree in an auditorium underneath the Capitol Visitor’s Center. As they trickled in, a House aide provided reporters, including me, a glimpse of the program of events and list of speakers. There was one small revision to the schedule, though: Minority Whip Steny Hoyer would be reading Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s portion of scripture, because she was on her way to Tucson with the President.

If Boehner had accepted the invitation, then the leaders of both parties would have missed the Wednesday vigil.

Presented with this recollection of events, Boehner’s spokesman Michael Steel confirmed, and defended his boss. “Boehner would not have been able to attend the bipartisan prayer service if he’d gone to Tucson,” he said. “Yesterday, Rep. Giffords’ colleagues on both sides of the aisle honored her and mourned those who were lost. The Speaker felt his place was here in the House, with them.”

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We're not even past this tragedy and we're Boehner bashing. You guys are imbeciles.

I wonder what this thread would be like if everyone had actually listened to the President's speech last night.

<<<<insert crickets chirping here>>>>

Forum List

Back