Boehner to GOP: "Prepare For Shutdown!!!!"

The Democratic Senate want to bargain before they put a proposal on the table. If a shut down occurs it is on the head of the Dems who want to bargain with nothing on the table.

Sorry, it's not on the head of the Dems. The House leadership will take the hit because they couldn't figure out how to stop the shutdown.

The "new" conservative GOP is driving this shutdown. If it occcurs, they will be held responsible by the voters. Heading into the 2012 election cycle, it is a risky play, but one which I hope Boehner is willing to try out.

He's not stupid..and he's sweating bullets. This is basically "the sum of all his fears.."

Partisanship is dumb. Rs and Ds are equally stupid to those who don't wear blinders. As I just mentioned to someone else, the more the Rs and Ds play games, the more nothing ever really changes, so a bunch of us can get at least a vacation out of it. Just in time for the nice weather, too.

Something sinister in me tells me that they work together and take turns who looks bad and who takes elections. I honestly feel like the R's are being so corny and glib that they want Obama to win 2012.

I don't really think so.

Both are in the pockets of business. But one wants a little something for the working guy too. The other does not.

One postures that way before Elections anyway. I'm not inclined to believe it until I see it.

Did we get better healthcare, or did we prop insurance co's up further?

That's why I wish the Tea Party was real and not another branch of Partisanship. We need something better than that.
It had an altruistic start, I think. I was enthusiastic, but not so much now for the partisanship reason. They allowed themselves to become just another tool in the game.

My problem with it was that they were blatant Conservatives, based on everything I heard coming from them. Just because they seperated from Republicans didn't mean I was going to buy the ruse that they weren't born out of Partisanship.

I could have broken my ego (I have half and half views) and supported it and tried to make it more independant from the inside (In my opinion making it more powerful), but once I heard the Becks and the Palins and shit trying to pull the sleight of hand trick and become the "face," I said yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeert. Nope.
Personally, I all for true fiscal conservatism. It's not that at this point.

Sorry, it's not on the head of the Dems. The House leadership will take the hit because they couldn't figure out how to stop the shutdown.

The "new" conservative GOP is driving this shutdown. If it occcurs, they will be held responsible by the voters. Heading into the 2012 election cycle, it is a risky play, but one which I hope Boehner is willing to try out.

He's not stupid..and he's sweating bullets. This is basically "the sum of all his fears.."

If they shut down, he is really gonna cry.

If they shut down, he is really gonna cry.

As will all of the plethora of potential GOP candidates for POTUS in 2012.....

The Democratic Senate want to bargain before they put a proposal on the table. If a shut down occurs it is on the head of the Dems who want to bargain with nothing on the table.

Does the phrase 'balance of power' mean anything to you?

It's all about how they are perceived, neither you nor your party seems to understand this. If it shuts down, great! History repeats itself.

All of your spin can't change the fact that perception is everything. The GOP/Teaparty will take the hit.

He has another issue to deal with. Eric Cantor wants his job so badly, he's salivating. Boehner needs to stomp on his neck and embarrass him or he's going to find himself displaced.

A government shut down did not serve the GnOP well the last time they did it. It would be beyond foolish to do it now. The last time the GnOP pushed for a shut down, the economy was in MUCH better condition than it is now. Our recovery is tenuous at best and shutting down the government would have devastating effects on it.

Of course, that could be just what the GnOP wants to happen...

Something sinister in me tells me that they work together and take turns who looks bad and who takes elections. I honestly feel like the R's are being so corny and glib that they want Obama to win 2012.

I don't really think so.

Both are in the pockets of business. But one wants a little something for the working guy too. The other does not.

One postures that way before Elections anyway. I'm not inclined to believe it until I see it.

I think it is far better. The fact that HMOs can't boot you for getting sick or impose life time limits was excellent.

He has another issue to deal with. Eric Cantor wants his job so badly, he's salivating. Boehner needs to stomp on his neck and embarrass him or he's going to find himself displaced.

It's funny..because the tension between them is visceral. It's also hard to watch Boehner constantly flip flop on his stances to keep them happy.

From what I have seen, Eric cantor can get nowhere without riding someone else's coat tails or without someone else's help. The way I see it, Cantor is Boehner's bitch and attack dog right now. Boehner does not fear him.

It's all about how they are perceived, neither you nor your party seems to understand this. If it shuts down, great! History repeats itself.

All of your spin can't change the fact that perception is everything. The GOP/Teaparty will take the hit.
Using the term 'balance of power' is spin to you, eh?

:lol:

I don't really think so.

I think it is far better. The fact that HMOs can't boot you for getting sick or impose life time limits was excellent.

I agree wholeheartedly. Health care is decidedly improved thanks to the passing of the Health Insurance reform legislation. Is it all that a good progressive liberal would want in HC reform? No, but it is a damn sight better than what we had and it CAN be improved upon. I would gladly trade the mandate for a public option...

And, more of us become aware of the crap and realize that partisan views are not useful any longer.

That's why I wish the Tea Party was real and not another branch of Partisanship. We need something better than that.
It had an altruistic start, I think. I was enthusiastic, but not so much now for the partisanship reason. They allowed themselves to become just another tool in the game.
This is where you went wrong and/or are delusional. To the unbiased eye...they always were a partisan tool. At no point of this current crop of Tea Party were they not Republicans in disguise. The mere fact that the real Tea Party were ignored during the Bush Regime and then suddenly rose to prominence the instant Barak Obama came to office sums it up. It was always in front of you, plain as day to see. I'm not sure why any thinking individual would be surprised at the outcome.

Right you are. However, they deserve it as well. It's not just all about perception. The Republicans have at least 2 of their leaders on record publicly and adamantly promoting the looming shutdown. We're talking Boehner and Spence. That says it all. The voters aren't fools...well, won't be once they feel the sting after the shutdown. The voting public will suddenly snap out of it and come to their senses once they feel the consequences of their actions aka voting those bastards in last year.

Last edited:
Monthly Revenue and you leftist twits are screaming about the Government being shut down LOL OMG when are you folks going to wake up and realize the throat your cutting is your own. 14 trillion in debt thus far laid at the feet of our Children ya that's something to be extremely proud of.

Go ahead and explain how shutting it down is really a bad thing

House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner on Monday told fellow Republicans to prepare for a government shutdown

Boehner tells Republicans to gird for shutdown - Yahoo! News

They could start with cutting their own salaries and government health care.

If it happens I wonder if this one will be more successful than Newt Gingrich's shut down? The electorate was wanting to string old Newt and the GOP up.

Bring it on liberals!The voters are tired of democRAT liberals putting us trillions in debt.
SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monthly Revenue and you leftist twits are screaming about the Government being shut down LOL OMG when are you folks going to wake up and realize the throat your cutting is your own. 14 trillion in debt thus far laid at the feet of our Children ya that's something to be extremely proud of.

They aren't collecting anything either.

Since when do you Pubs give a shit about children?

This is where you went wrong and/or are delusional. To the unbiased eye...they always were a partisan tool. At no point of this current crop of Tea Party were they not Republicans in disguise. The mere fact that the real Tea Party were ignored during the Bush Regime and then suddenly rose to prominence the instant Barak Obama came to office sums it up. It was always in front of you, plain as day to see. I'm not sure why any thinking individual would be surprised at the outcome.

Right you are. However, they deserve it as well. It's not just all about perception. The Republicans have at least 2 of their leaders on record publicly and adamantly promoting the looming shutdown. We're talking Boehner and Spence. That says it all. The voters aren't fools...well, won't be once they feel the sting after the shutdown. The voting public will suddenly snap out of it and come to their senses once they feel the consequences of their actions aka voting those bastards in last year.
I have to wonder who is delusional. Boehner was quoted yesterday as saying the shutdown does nobody good. I disagree with him and others who have said the same. Consistent nice weather is almost here in the metro area.

And, whenever the partisans actually can comprehend the term 'balance of power' we might all be spared posts wrought with crap.

Forum List

Back