Boehner and GOP STILL in favor of Bush tax cuts

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Boehner remphasized his support for extending the Bush tax cuts on the Sunday talk shows, while at the same time, talking out of the other side of his ass and damning the Obama administration for not being fiscally responsible.

The tax legislation enacted under President George W. Bush from 2001 through 2006 will cost $2.48 trillion over the 2001-2010 period.

This includes the revenue loss of $2.11 trillion that results directly from the Bush tax cuts as well as the $379 billion in additional interest payments on the national debt that we must make since the tax cuts were deficit-financed.

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/study-bush-tax-cuts-cost-more-twice-m

GOP politics as usual?

I don't inherently support extending the tax cuts... as long as every other taxpayer is put to the exact same level of taxation on every dollar earned... as stated so many times, I am not for the selective equality of the 'progressive' system

And lord knows it is not like this government will start SPENDING LESS

I don't inherently support extending the tax cuts... as long as every other taxpayer is put to the exact same level of taxation on every dollar earned... as stated so many times, I am not for the selective equality of the 'progressive' system

I disagree. Gates announced a large cut in Pentagon spending yesterday, as a matter of fact. However, back to my point, why would Boehner support tax cuts that are not defecit neutral from Bush and slam those from Obama? GOP politics as usual?

I disagree. Gates announced a large cut in Pentagon spending yesterday, as a matter of fact. However, back to my point, why would Boehner support tax cuts that are not defecit neutral from Bush and slam those from Obama? GOP politics as usual?

That's like saying I am $5K in the hole in my budget... but look, I am doing better, I just put a quarter in the piggy bank :rolleyes:

The government is NOT spending less, it is spending enormous amounts more on ever expanding departments and programs

And what tax cuts from Obama?

I am waiting for some leader with the motherfucking balls to demand cutting spending with the elimination of numerous governmental departments and programs, in combination with raising tax revenues by taxing the income of those paying no income taxes at all (or lesser % taxes) by instilling a standard and unwavering flat tax system... but reducing government power/size and equal treatment is not what big government types want, within either party

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

So, every person pays 10%, for example? Is that your desire?

It's the SPENDING, stupid. We do not have an income problem in government, we have a SPENDING problem. Cut spending.

PS - tax increases lower government revenue. New York is a perfect example
New York State’s income tax revenue has dropped 36 percent from the same period in 2008, Governor David Paterson said, “frustrating” his attempt to close a projected $2.1 billion budget deficit.

“We added personal income tax, which we thought would make the falloff 10 percent to 15 percent,” Paterson, a Democrat, said on CNBC today, referring to $5.2 billion in new or increased taxes. “This is what is so frustrating. It’s still 36 percent, meaning our revenues fell more in 2009 than they did in 2008.”
You can't tax your way to prosperity. It's the SPENDING, stupid.

On every last earned dollar, from every person, no exceptions.... so if 10% is the determined rate (for example) you make $10, you pay $1 in federal income tax... you make 10K, you pay 1K in federal income tax... you make 100K, you pay 10K in federal income tax... you make 100MIL, you pay 10MIL in federal income tax

Politics as usual, but who thinks that effectively raising taxes is a good thing during a "deep recession"??

Raising taxes during economic turmoil? Isn't that what Herbert Hoover is vilified by historians for doing?

That's like saying I am $5K in the hole in my budget... but look, I am doing better, I just put a quarter in the piggy bank :rolleyes:

The government is NOT spending less, it is spending enormous amounts more on ever expanding departments and programs

I am waiting for some leader with the motherfucking balls to demand cutting spending with the elimination of numerous governmental departments and programs, in combination with raising tax revenues by taxing the income of those paying no income taxes at all (or lesser % taxes) by instilling a standard and unwavering flat tax system... but reducing government power/size and equal treatment is not what big government types want, within either party

THIS, is the easy part. Deciding WHICH departments and programs within said departments is where this whole conversation always gets bogged down.

It's the SPENDING, stupid. We do not have an income problem in government, we have a SPENDING problem. Cut spending.

PS - tax increases lower government revenue. New York is a perfect example
New York State’s income tax revenue has dropped 36 percent from the same period in 2008, Governor David Paterson said, “frustrating” his attempt to close a projected $2.1 billion budget deficit.

“We added personal income tax, which we thought would make the falloff 10 percent to 15 percent,” Paterson, a Democrat, said on CNBC today, referring to $5.2 billion in new or increased taxes. “This is what is so frustrating. It’s still 36 percent, meaning our revenues fell more in 2009 than they did in 2008.”
You can't tax your way to prosperity. It's the SPENDING, stupid.

So, IF it is a spending problem, why would Boehner promote tax cuts for the wealthy as opposed to cutting spending?

Politics as usual, but who thinks that effectively raising taxes is a good thing during a "deep recession"??

As you well know, the targeted audience for these Bush tax cuts are the least affected by this "deep recession". Right?

THIS, is the easy part. Deciding WHICH departments and programs within said departments is where this whole conversation always gets bogged down.

It is where is does get bogged down.. because so many politicians are about the power and buying votes to retain the power

It is quite simple on what to cut... things that government has no business doing... things that are not in the enumerated powers... things that grow the nanny state and the ever expanding tendrils of power...

Hell, I have started alphabetically listing unneeded federal government departments and agencies before... people want me to start with just the A's and B's again?

As you well know, the targeted audience for these Bush tax cuts are the least affected by this "deep recession". Right?

They are the ones who have a huge impact on those most affected...as you well know.

Actually, I don't well know. The richest Americans do NOT necessarily create the jobs. The simply amass more wealth.

It is where is does get bogged down.. because so many politicians are about the power and buying votes to retain the power

It is quite simple on what to cut... things that government has no business doing... things that are not in the enumerated powers... things that grow the nanny state and the ever expanding tendrils of power...

Hell, I have started alphabetically listing unneeded federal government departments and agencies before... people want me to start with just the A's and B's again?

So, in your opinion, does the Constitution provide enumerated powers for our military to fund bases all over the globe?

So, in your opinion, does the Constitution provide enumerated powers for our military to fund bases all over the globe?

It gives the government the charge to fund a military.. it does not specifically state that it funds super weapons either.. or air force one... or nukes.. or many other ASPECTS of the military....

Now.. one could argue on whether all our foreign bases are needed, but that is not the point here....

On every last earned dollar, from every person, no exceptions.... so if 10% is the determined rate (for example) you make $10, you pay $1 in federal income tax... you make 10K, you pay 1K in federal income tax... you make 100K, you pay 10K in federal income tax... you make 100MIL, you pay 10MIL in federal income tax

So, you're okay with America becoming a caste society? I suspect that's not your intention, but, consider the consequences if this system were to be in effect.

They are the ones who have a huge impact on those most affected...as you well know.

Actually, I don't well know. The richest Americans do NOT necessarily create the jobs. The simply amass more wealth.

yeah.. it's likely the poor and welfare queens create jobs :rolleyes:

And lest we forget you have the freedom to amass all the wealth you can as well.. or to invest whatever wealth you can amass...

Forum List

Back