Body of Christ

But do you understand that when Genesis was written, everyone believed that that was how the universe was made?

Thats quite the unsubstantiated assumption.. Any story that starts with "In the beginning" and introduces a talking serpent is exactly like a children's story that starts with "Once upon a time" and introduces a talking animal. It was a story written to teach children moral lessons.

Any ancient hebrew child who heard that story would have asked questions, like "can serpents talk" and the parent would have said no, the talking serpent is representative a of a specific human archetype. Just like when your parent or school teacher read the story of the three pigs to you, if you had the intelligence to ask if pigs could really build houses they would have told you no, the three pigs represent different types of human beings..

And just like any children's story that uses anthropomorphisms the moral teaching was never written down.

When the adults who understood the hidden significance of the genesis story, those who held the secrets to the kingdom of heaven were slaughtered, as they were periodically, all that remained were silly stories that their godless and superstitious enemies could never comprehend.

The wisdom remained hidden like buried treasure.

We don't believe it now for obvious scientific reasons, but that's something relatively new. And there still are millions of people who still believe it, called Creationists.

Yeah I know and everyone knows that the world is full of stupid people.

You, on the other hand, have decided to cherry-pick the stories, so you're the one deviating from the norm. I think they call that a heretic? :biggrin:

Heretic? lol....I don't think any of them have been that nice.

oy -----the GOLDEN BOOK ---genesis by the brothers,
Grim. There is a way to say "once upon a time.." in Hebrew and it is NOT BORESHIT. Genesis is a very serious writing------INNOVATIVE-----a repudiation of
Mesopotamian culture
The story was attributed to Moses , right?

It was more of a repudiation of Egyptian culture, the talking serpent represents the Pharaoh, who disputed with Moses , claimed to be equal to or greater than God, deceived gullible people with sorcery, mind control, and happened to wear a serpent on his headdress.

People losing their minds for life was a real and present danger to hebrew children and their parents who just came out of Egypt.

image.jpg

the story is attributed to "KNOWN HISTORY"------and recorded by Moses. At THAT TIME in the world----writings
of any kind were often attributed to DA KING. Even the "Psalms of DAVID" were probably not all written by him----maybe during his reign. Genesis is the HEBREW VERSION OF HISTORY of the BEGINNING OF THE WORLD
No. You are mistaken.

Genesis is a story about the creation of Heaven and Earth, a world above and the world below, when the law was spoken into existence like a light that separates the world above from the world below.

The firmament, basis, of heaven, a sphere of higher intelligences, is the law.

But do you understand that when Genesis was written, everyone believed that that was how the universe was made?

Thats quite the unsubstantiated assumption.. Any story that starts with "In the beginning" and introduces a talking serpent is exactly like a children's story that starts with "Once upon a time" and introduces a talking animal. It was a story written to teach children moral lessons.

Any ancient hebrew child who heard that story would have asked questions, like "can serpents talk" and the parent would have said no, the talking serpent is representative a of a specific human archetype. Just like when your parent or school teacher read the story of the three pigs to you, if you had the intelligence to ask if pigs could really build houses they would have told you no, the three pigs represent different types of human beings..

And just like any children's story that uses anthropomorphisms the moral teaching was never written down.

When the adults who understood the hidden significance of the genesis story, those who held the secrets to the kingdom of heaven were slaughtered, as they were periodically, all that remained were silly stories that their godless and superstitious enemies could never comprehend.

We don't believe it now for obvious scientific reasons, but that's something relatively new. And there still are millions of people who still believe it, called Creationists.

You, on the other hand, have decided to cherry-pick the stories, so you're the one deviating from the norm. I think they call that a heretic? :biggrin:

Grim. There is a way to say "once upon a time.." in Hebrew and it is NOT BORESHIT. Genesis is a very serious writing------INNOVATIVE-----a repudiation of
Mesopotamian culture

It was more of a repudiation of Egyptian culture, the talking serpent represents the Pharaoh, who disputed with Moses , claimed to be equal to or greater than God, deceived gullible people with sorcery, mind control, and happened to wear a serpent on his headdress.

People losing their minds for life was a real and present danger to hebrew children and their parents who just came out of Egypt.

image.jpg

the story is attributed to "KNOWN HISTORY"------and recorded by Moses. At THAT TIME in the world----writings
of any kind were often attributed to DA KING. Even the "Psalms of DAVID" were probably not all written by him----maybe during his reign. Genesis is the HEBREW VERSION OF HISTORY of the BEGINNING OF THE WORLD
No. You are mistaken.

Genesis is a story about the creation of Heaven and Earth, a world above and the world below, when the law was spoken into existence like a light, the world above and the world below.

The firmament, basis, of heaven is the law.
So you believe Genesis to be true. Now you're flip-flopping!!! The flip-flopping cherry-picker. :lol:

Mesopotamian culture

image.jpg

No. You are mistaken.

Genesis is a story about the creation of Heaven and Earth, a world above and the world below, when the law was spoken into existence like a light, the world above and the world below.

So you believe Genesis to be true. Now you're flip-flopping!!! The flip-flopping cherry-picker. :lol:

No. I am not flip flopping about anything.

You are just confused because your head is full of perversions.

Mesopotamian culture

image.jpg

No. You are mistaken.

who is flip-flopping. I believe that GENESIS is true----like
the Bhagavad Gita is true and like The Odyssey is true. They are not bedtime stories for children

Mesopotamian culture

image.jpg

No. You are mistaken.

OOOOOHH PERVERSIONS YAAAYYY PEVERSION!!!!!!!!!

Mesopotamian culture

image.jpg

No. You are mistaken.

Your flip-flopping more than a fish out of water right now "Genesis is a story about the creation of Heaven and Earth". So it's NOT a moral story for children?

image.jpg

No. You are mistaken.

Your flip-flopping more than a fish out of water right now "Genesis is a story about the creation of Heaven and Earth". So it's NOT a moral story for children?

not for children

image.jpg

No. You are mistaken.

Its both numbskull.

No. I speak from an understanding of time and space. It is not possible for three dimensional beings to comprehend a multi-dimensional being. The closest we can come is the mystery of the Trinity which has been revealed to us through Christianity and Judaism; the only revealed religion.

The trinity is not a mystery to be solved, it is a relationship to be entered into.

Judaism has absolutely nothing to do with your version of Christianity. You don't know anything about time or space. What you think you know about time and space does not equal knowledge of God and even that has been taken away. You can thank me some other time.

The trinity is not a relationship to be entered into it is a brazen satanic lie to be rejected. There is nothing mysterious about it. Nothing.

You say its impossible to know God. This too is a satanic lie and you are calling Jesus a liar.

"This is eternal life; to KNOW thee who alone art truly God." John 17:3
Mr Cherry-picker is at it again. Doesn't believe in Genesis, but quotes John. Hmmmm.

I believe in Genesis, I just don't believe that the story is about the creation of the universe.solar system the earth or the first plants animals and human beings. That belief is ridiculous.

Its not like I haven't already explained what I believe in great detail.

How many times do I have to tell you what the story is actually about before you hear it?
Creation is creation. Are you telling me that God did not create space and time?
How was god created?
The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging. So God (i.e. the first cause) has always existed and is unchanging.

Judaism has absolutely nothing to do with your version of Christianity. You don't know anything about time or space. What you think you know about time and space does not equal knowledge of God and even that has been taken away. You can thank me some other time.

The trinity is not a relationship to be entered into it is a brazen satanic lie to be rejected. There is nothing mysterious about it. Nothing.

You say its impossible to know God. This too is a satanic lie and you are calling Jesus a liar.

Mr Cherry-picker is at it again. Doesn't believe in Genesis, but quotes John. Hmmmm.

I believe in Genesis, I just don't believe that the story is about the creation of the universe.solar system the earth or the first plants animals and human beings. That belief is ridiculous.

How many times do I have to tell you what the story is actually about before you hear it?
You have to give Genesis an alternate meaning than what's written because as written, you agree that it makes no sense. You're a cherry-picker. How many times do i have to explain to you? :biggrin:
Are you kidding? It makes perfect sense that God created space and time.
So if you believe Genesis was how the universe was formed, how did kangaroos get from Australia to Noah's boat?
The best explanation for how the universe began is the inflation model. It is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself. So while the universe appeared out of nothing it did not come from nothing. There had to be a source. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

I have explained to you at least a dozen times that the account of Genesis is an allegorical account of actual events that were told in a way that people could remember the stories and pass them down orally from generation to generation. The accounts contained valuable lessons on human behaviors much like a parable does.

Why do you persist in your intellectually dead end questions?

A word of advice.... Never underestimate the person who does not give a shit.
Have you ever gotten anything correct?
LOL! Pot. Kettle. Black.
I practice traditional theory which is the practice of describing and testing what something is. You and Hobelim practice critical theory which is the cultural marxist practice of criticizing what you don't believe to arrive at what you do believe without ever having to examine what you believe. You confuse critical theory for critical thinking. Critical thinking is the practice of challenging what you do believe to test it's validity. Something you never do.

So, no, it is not pot meet kettle, Taz.

Creation is creation. Are you telling me that God did not create space and time?
How was god created?
The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging. So God (i.e. the first cause) has always existed and is unchanging.
Weren't you the one who said that you can't make something out of nothing? Everything in existence had a beginning. Does your god not exist?

You have to give Genesis an alternate meaning than what's written because as written, you agree that it makes no sense. You're a cherry-picker. How many times do i have to explain to you? :biggrin:
So if you believe Genesis was how the universe was formed, how did kangaroos get from Australia to Noah's boat?
The best explanation for how the universe began is the inflation model. It is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself. So while the universe appeared out of nothing it did not come from nothing. There had to be a source. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

I have explained to you at least a dozen times that the account of Genesis is an allegorical account of actual events that were told in a way that people could remember the stories and pass them down orally from generation to generation. The accounts contained valuable lessons on human behaviors much like a parable does.

So you're saying that the people who wrote Genesis knew about that huge paragraph you just posted about inflation but dumbed it down for the noobs reading it? :cuckoo: Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

LOL! Pot. Kettle. Black.
I practice traditional theory which is the practice of describing and testing what something is. You and Hobelim practice critical theory which is the cultural marxist practice of criticizing what you don't believe to arrive at what you do believe without ever having to examine what you believe. You confuse critical theory for critical thinking. Critical thinking is the practice of challenging what you do believe to test it's validity. Something you never do.

You haven't gotten anything right since you've been here. You have no clue what real proof means.

Hobelim 1
Christians 1,000,000,000
That's not quite right. Never underestimate someone who has nothing to lose.

lol....

There is a big difference between someone who has nothing to lose and someone who has a lot to lose but doesn't give a shit.

Think of Jesus. Before he ever said a word in public he knew exactly how vicious the religious hypocrites he publicly humiliated would be and exactly how brutal the Romans were. People were being imprisoned, maimed and killed on a daily basis for trivial reasons for his entire life. He must have seen countless people stoned to death or hanging from their crosses before he even hit puberty..

He had a lot to lose but obviously he didn't give a shit.

What did he say when he was threatened by the ruling elite?

No one starts to build a house without first calculating what it would cost to finish it.

What did Jesus say immediately before he died?

“It is finished.” the Greek word translated “it is finished” is tetelestai, an accounting term that means “paid in full.”

Last edited:

How was god created?
Weren't you the one who said that you can't make something out of nothing? Everything in existence had a beginning. Does your god not exist?
I’m the one who says there must be a first cause. I’m pretty sure this is over your head since you did not understand what I wrote.

So you're saying that the people who wrote Genesis knew about that huge paragraph you just posted about inflation but dumbed it down for the noobs reading it? :cuckoo: Is that your final answer? :biggrin:
They knew that existence had a beginning. Which means they knew more than you.

LOL! Pot. Kettle. Black.

You haven't gotten anything right since you've been here. You have no clue what real proof means.
I don’t worry what cultural marxists who practice critical theory believe.

They knew that existence had a beginning. Which means they knew more than you.

Moses wrote Genesis. Of course he knew that the concept of heaven and earth had a beginning.

When the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep. he was there.

When the law was spoken into existence as a light to the nations....

He was there.

Forum List

Back