Body of Christ

I believe in Genesis, I just don't believe that the story is about the creation of the universe.solar system the earth or the first plants animals and human beings. That belief is ridiculous.

Its not like I haven't already explained what I believe in great detail.

How many times do I have to tell you what the story is actually about before you hear it?
Creation is creation. Are you telling me that God did not create space and time?
How was god created?
The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging. So God (i.e. the first cause) has always existed and is unchanging.
Weren't you the one who said that you can't make something out of nothing? Everything in existence had a beginning. Does your god not exist?
I’m the one who says there must be a first cause. I’m pretty sure this is over your head since you did not understand what I wrote.
So how do you know that our god wasn't made? How do you know that it was the first one?

Are you kidding? It makes perfect sense that God created space and time.
So if you believe Genesis was how the universe was formed, how did kangaroos get from Australia to Noah's boat?
The best explanation for how the universe began is the inflation model. It is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself. So while the universe appeared out of nothing it did not come from nothing. There had to be a source. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

I have explained to you at least a dozen times that the account of Genesis is an allegorical account of actual events that were told in a way that people could remember the stories and pass them down orally from generation to generation. The accounts contained valuable lessons on human behaviors much like a parable does.

Why do you persist in your intellectually dead end questions?
So you're saying that the people who wrote Genesis knew about that huge paragraph you just posted about inflation but dumbed it down for the noobs reading it? :cuckoo: Is that your final answer? :biggrin:
They knew that existence had a beginning. Which means they knew more than you.

Moses wrote Genesis. Of course he knew that the concept of heaven and earth had a beginning.

When the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep. he was there.

When the law was spoken into existence as a light to the nations....

He was there.
Moses recorded it. It had been passed down orally for thousands of years. You don’t know jack shit.

You have to give Genesis an alternate meaning than what's written because as written, you agree that it makes no sense. You're a cherry-picker. How many times do i have to explain to you? :biggrin:
So if you believe Genesis was how the universe was formed, how did kangaroos get from Australia to Noah's boat?
The best explanation for how the universe began is the inflation model. It is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself. So while the universe appeared out of nothing it did not come from nothing. There had to be a source. Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

I have explained to you at least a dozen times that the account of Genesis is an allegorical account of actual events that were told in a way that people could remember the stories and pass them down orally from generation to generation. The accounts contained valuable lessons on human behaviors much like a parable does.

So you're saying that the people who wrote Genesis knew about that huge paragraph you just posted about inflation but dumbed it down for the noobs reading it? :cuckoo: Is that your final answer? :biggrin:
So that whole paragraph about inflation was pointless. Got it.

Creation is creation. Are you telling me that God did not create space and time?
How was god created?
The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging. So God (i.e. the first cause) has always existed and is unchanging.
Weren't you the one who said that you can't make something out of nothing? Everything in existence had a beginning. Does your god not exist?
I’m the one who says there must be a first cause. I’m pretty sure this is over your head since you did not understand what I wrote.
So how do you know that our god wasn't made? How do you know that it was the first one?
Because causes cannot go on indefinitely. There has to be one that was eternal and it cannot be material.

Only to you. I figured you’d miss the point.

Moses wrote Genesis. Of course he knew that the concept of heaven and earth had a beginning.

When the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep. he was there.

He was there.
"When the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep. he was there." So Moses was there when the earth had no form? Geez, you know, I think you might actually be insane. :biggrin:

How was god created?
Because causes cannot go on indefinitely. There has to be one that was eternal and it cannot be material.
Yes, but how do you know that your god was the first? And only? Got any kind of proof for that?

So did the people who wrote Genesis know about what you wrote in that paragraph about inflation or not?

So did the people who wrote Genesis know about what you wrote in that paragraph about inflation or not?
They knew there was a beginning and steps which science has proven correct.

Yes, but how do you know that your god was the first? And only? Got any kind of proof for that?
Logic. Common sense.

Hobelim 1
Christians 1,000,000,000
A word of advice.... Never underestimate the person who does not give a shit.
That's not quite right. Never underestimate someone who has nothing to lose.

Have you ever gotten anything correct?

lol.... You really should try to use your brain... otherwise its useless.

The earth without form and void is a reference to the way the world was for billions of years before divine LAW was spoken into existence AS A LIGHT TO THE NATIONS.

So yeah Moses was there before the LAW was given and when the LAW was given and after the LAW was given.

The light from God, divine instruction, came into the world through him.

duh.

I think you might actually be brain damaged..

Seriously, would you like to be healed?

He was there.
"When the earth was without form and void, and darkness covered the face of the deep. he was there." So Moses was there when the earth had no form? Geez, you know, I think you might actually be insane. :biggrin:

The earth without form and void is a reference to the way the world was for billions of years before divine LAW was spoken into existence AS A LIGHT TO THE NATIONS.

So yeah Moses was there before the LAW was given and when the LAW was given and after the LAW was given.

duh.

Would you like to be healed?
So Moses heard voices?
They knew there was a beginning and steps which science has proven correct.
So they didn't know about inflation. Geez, you'll say anything.

Logic. Common sense.
So you don't know. Got it.

Like I said before, they knew there was a beginning and that it was created in steps. That much is clear, undeniable and irrefutable.

Last edited:
Logic. Common sense.
Of course I know. You are the one who doesn't have a clue.

Hobelim 1
Christians 1,000,000,000
A word of advice.... Never underestimate the person who does not give a shit.
That's not quite right. Never underestimate someone who has nothing to lose.

Have you ever gotten anything correct?

duh.

Seriously, would you like to be healed?
The first eleven chapters records the history that all nations share. It was passed down from generation to generation for thousands of years before Moses recorded it. Of course, the Chinese recorded it as symbols in the written language 1500 years before Moses did. You literally do not know jack shit. Stop your mumbo jumbo talk, please. You are just making yourself look stupid.

Like I said before, they knew there was a beginning and that it was created in steps. That much is clear, undeniable and irrefutable.
So your paragraph about inflation was not what they thought. Got it.

Logic. Common sense.
Maybe god has a sister or bro? How do you know?

So your paragraph about inflation was not what they thought. Got it.
They did not know the details, Taz. They only knew that Creation had a beginning and that what they saw was created in steps. Which is exactly what science tells us.

Think of it this way, they could have said it had a beginning and God created it all at once. They wouldn't have known that was wrong with the data they had. So someone had to have a revelation about how this all came to pass because 6000 years ago they didn't have the knowledge to know one way or the other. Today we have that knowledge and we know that the universe had a beginning and that what we see is the result of natural processes where matter and energy has evolved in stages or steps.

Logic. Common sense.
Maybe god has a sister or bro? How do you know?
Like I said before... logic and common sense. There's no need to overly complicate matters, Taz.

An ant would have a better chance of understanding our nature than we would of understanding God's nature.

Forum List

Back