Bob Woodwards new book

On the bright side, with Obama in charge, any terrorist group who chooses to attack us can rest assured that we will shake our fists and use really, really harsh language at them.

In spite of two pointless wars and occupations, that's all you've managed to do to Usama bin Ladin so far, so why complain?
Curious. When talking about Americans and the USA, I use the first person.

I don't identify with the US Military or its "War on Terror" blunder. We were attacked on September 11th. You responded by launching this campaign of destruction.

In my hierarchy of loyalties, America falls below God, humanity as a whole, and my family and friends. I don't see that changing any time soon.

This book will blow the lid off the White House. How this man thinks is his main weakness not his intelligence or lack thereof.

He believes that deep down America is evil and we deserve to be brought down to the same level as everyone else.

If you want America to become a bigger version of Israel....leave this guy in there and it will be so. Nobody will feel safe.

This statement alone "We can absorb a terrorist attack" gives encouragement to our enemies and literally holds up a welcome sign to anyone who feared coming to this country to plan and carry out more terrorist attacks on our soil. It plants ideas in the minds of terrorists that it's not just a pipe-dream because even our President has accepted the possibility.

In spite of two pointless wars and occupations, that's all you've managed to do to Usama bin Ladin so far, so why complain?
Curious. When talking about Americans and the USA, I use the first person.

I don't identify with the US Military or its "War on Terror" blunder. We were attacked on September 11th. You responded by launching this campaign of destruction.

In my hierarchy of loyalties, America falls below God, humanity as a whole, and my family and friends. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Yep.... a campaign of destruction - over just 3,000 people. Imagine what we're gonna do if it happens again. Cuz this is the USA being proportional in its response. Like I said, next time, we won't be so nice.

OBL was only ever a 'face'.
Not so at all. He participated in combat and has always been deeply involved in organizing finances and recruitment. As we've seen, he can also plan and oversee the execution of terrorist operations. His life story is one of a man whose stubborn commitment to his beliefs led to almost everything he had being taken away - his Saudi citizenship was revoked, his family disowned him, he was kicked out of his home country as well as Sudan, and even the Taliban stated their willingness to see him put to trial for his alleged involvement in 9/11 (before the War in Afghanistan, of course.) He is the world's most wanted man and doesn't seem to care.

It's a shame that this determination is so misplaced and that his foolish hatred has caused him to flail blindly, without any concern for who is in the way. In that respect, he's similar to America in the aftermath of 9/11.

Look at what we did.... in Iraq and Afghanistan.... Ask yourself 'what are Americans capable of if it happens again'.... because, next time, we won't be so fucking nice about it.
I don't doubt it, and I can tell you that another American blunder in the Muslim World is all that sits between al-Qa'idah and a huge, fresh batch of recruits. Keep in mind also that Afghanis and Iraqis haven't been the only victims of the "War on Terror." When most Americans haplessly cast their lots with their belligerent leaders in the White House and Congress in 2001, they secured the destruction of an enormous amount of our civil liberties and, to some extent, our national economic wellbeing. If another attack of 9/11's magnitude occurs, I hope you don't value your privacy too much, because Big Brother will most certainly be watching you if he isn't already.

Last edited:
OBL was only ever a 'face'.
Not so at all. He participated in combat and has always been deeply involved in organizing finances and recruitment. As we've seen, he can also plan and oversee the execution of terrorist operations. His life story is one of a man whose stubborn commitment to his beliefs led to almost everything he had being taken away - his Saudi citizenship was revoked, his family disowned him, he was kicked out of his home country as well as Sudan, and even the Taliban stated their willingness to see him put to trial for his alleged involvement in 9/11 (before the War in Afghanistan, of course.) He is the world's most wanted man and doesn't seem to care.

It's a shame that this determination is so misplaced and that his foolish hatred has caused him to flail blindly, without any concern for who is in the way. In that respect, he's similar to America in the aftermath of 9/11.

Look at what we did.... in Iraq and Afghanistan.... Ask yourself 'what are Americans capable of if it happens again'.... because, next time, we won't be so fucking nice about it.
I don't doubt it, and I can tell you that another American blunder in the Muslim World is all that sits between al-Qa'idah and a huge, fresh batch of recruits. Keep in mind also that Afghanis and Iraqis haven't been the only victims of the "War on Terror." When most Americans haplessly cast their lots with their belligerent leaders in the White House and Congress in 2001, they secured the destruction of an enormous amount of our civil liberties and, to some extent, our national economic wellbeing. If another attack of 9/11's magnitude occurs, I hope you don't value your privacy too much, because Big Brother will be watching you if he isn't already.

So what? Recruit 'em. We'll kill 'em. You recruit some more, we'll kill them too. We can go around as long as it takes for extremists to learn.... it's an easy lesson.... "Don't fuck with us, or we will fuck with you" and you will always lose.

Personally, if we have to bomb every fucking Muslim country back to the stone age, that's fine with me. If you keep coming, we will make every single country a fuckin' car park. And then, you will have something to whine about.

Learn to keep your fucking shit in your own country and stay out of ours. Then we have no problem. If you're a Muslim, and you are an American, you are welcome to practice your religion as you see fit.... until you support the enemies of your country. If you support the enemies of America, you are no longer an American and you can leave.... willingly... or by force.

Yup, Kalam equates OBL to the USA.

What a disgusting little piece of shit.

It's amazing how clear your view becomes when it isn't clouded by jingoism.
I have no idea what that means, likely because you're high and/or tripping, again.

I only know that you are a disgusting little piece of shit who equates OBL with the USA.

Nothing personal, really.

Last edited:
Osama Bin Laden is dead along with just about all of his original Lts. And a lot of new ones as well.
I guess they found a pretty good impersonator. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf5wr9l5E3Y]YouTube - Osama bin Laden - 2010 Audio Tape[/ame]

Ayman al-Zawahiri and Mullah Omar send you their regards and remind you that they, too, are very much alive.

Neither war was pointless you terrorist supporting shit stain.
Not if the objective was to destroy or ruin the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians, no, but it's my understanding that this wasn't actually the goal of either war. "Terrorist supporting"? No, I'm afraid that pointing out your failure to kill your highest priority target isn't tantamount to giving him my support.

Everyone knows that killing one man will never end Islamic radicalism.

Obama actually said that we can absorb terrorist attacks worse then 9/11.

Can we not?

It's a ridiculous idea.

As President he is tasked with defending this country from all enemies foreign and domestic yet his innate complacency or feeling of inevitability allows him to think that a worse attack then 9/11 can be easily dealt with. This reveals his inner thoughts on the matter and explains why his answer during the Democrat debates to the question "What would you do to prevent another terrorist attack in the US" his answer was to make sure we had good first responders. He knows we'll have one, accepts it, and he may not do everything in his power to prevent it. He instead worries about the cleanup effort and how he will deal with the effects of it rather then prevent it in the first place.

Let me be clear when I say that I despise Obama as a leader and think that he's a bootlicking coward who will always base his decisions on political expediency rather than principle. Still, I think that you're reading too deeply into his comment. I think it's true that the United States can endure a larger terrorist attack (the Constitution is another story.) I don't think that we'll have to do so in the foreseeable future, though, and I haven't seen any indication that Obama thinks that either.

Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war

OK........how hard did I laugh when I saw this up on DRUDGE this AM as the lead story??

Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war

By Steve Luxenberg
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 22, 2010; 12:11 AM

President Obama urgently looked for a way out of the war in Afghanistan last year, repeatedly pressing his top military advisers for an exit plan that they never gave him, according to secret meeting notes and documents cited in a new book by journalist Bob Woodward.

Frustrated with his military commanders for consistently offering only options that required significantly more troops, Obama finally crafted his own strategy, dictating a classified six-page "terms sheet" that sought to limit U.S. involvement, Woodward reports in "Obama's Wars," to be released on Monday.

According to Woodward's meeting-by-meeting, memo-by-memo account of the 2009 Afghan strategy review, the president avoided talk of victory as he described his objectives.

Woodward's book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them. During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, "We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever . . . we absorbed it and we are stronger."

Talk about a political bombshell s0ns??!!!!!!!!:lol::lol: Should resonate real well with Reagan Democrats and independents!!

People have been saying it now for about 18 months........"This guy doesnt get it!!"

Well now.........................:rofl::rofl::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

Thank you Mr Woodward!!!

merged- del

Bob Woodward is releasing a book on Obama that is going to expose secret meetings between the Boy King, his advisers, and generals that in my opinion were what I expected but will take months...maybe years to explain away. I've been telling everyone here this is what he's all about but now the truth will be unavoidable.

The book points out a President that is completely absorbed with politics in just about every decision including the war in Afghanistan, terrorist attacks in the United States, and an incredibly stupid six page war plan Obama gave to his generals.

Obama actually said that we can absorb terrorist attacks worse then 9/11. He also said if he doesn't get out of Afghanistan in 2 years he will lose the Democrat Party. And the nerve of this guy, he actually gave his generals a war plan asking them what they thought of it. Of course the generals felt it was ridiculous but the fact that somebody that has zero military experience would even attempt to write a war plan just spells out the audacity of this guy.

I'm afraid the truth about Barry will be impossible to hide now.

I'm looking forward to it, Woodward is a good writer. I wonder what his take will be?

How many fucking threads do we need on the same topic?

Are you not capable of including your thoughts into pre-existing threads? Moron.

Nor will invading two countries. This is a war of ideas, and the presence of non-Muslims on the battlefield has diverted a lot of attention away from our internal struggle against heresy and toward the more immediate problem of foreign militaries occupying Muslim lands.

Nor will invading two countries. This is a war of ideas, and the presence of non-Muslims on the battlefield has diverted a lot of attention away from our internal struggle against heresy and toward the more immediate problem of foreign militaries occupying Muslim lands.

If those countries would stop allowing terrorists to train within their borders, we would have to invade them. But they did, so we invade. Don't like it? Easy answer - don't harbor terrorists. I thought we'd made that real clear.

There was nothing 'internal' about your struggle with heresy. You decided to make that others' problems.

You don't like the consequences of you and your brethren's actions.

So, we and others have given you the opportunity to grow up or die.

Woodward’s book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them. During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, “We can absorb a terrorist attack. We’ll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever… we absorbed it and we are stronger.”

I am by far not an Obama supporter but out of curiosity what would you have rather he said? "America would fall if hit by another Terrorist attack" or "We will never have another terrorist attack"
The man is condemned no matter what he says...

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I have no idea what that means,
I thought that my message was rather clear. You're blinded by your jingoism and are unable to move beyond your Pavlovian outrage over America being compared to our enemies.

You should stop and consider your reaction to my post. That same kind of angry reaction from Americans is what led to Afghanistan being invaded in spite of the Taliban's tenuous connection to the 9/11 terrorist attacks. They were a much larger and more stationary target than Al-Qa'idah and were deemed "good enough" to attack in Usama's stead; the country wasn't about to go a whole month without spilling somebody's blood over what happened, their lack of guilt notwithstanding.

likely because you're high and/or tripping, again.
Nope.

I only know that you are a disgusting little piece of shit who equates OBL with the USA.

Alright. If you aren't interested in having a discussion in spite of our disagreement, I'm sure somebody else is.

So let me get this straight: President thinks America could survive another terrorist attack= bad? It's not like Obama is saying we will have another one... I imagine the OPer would bitch twice as hard if Obama said "we couldn't."

The Commander in Chief made a war plan, then asked his generals what they thought of it? Say it ain't so! The military mustn't have a civilian leader who from time to time leads that military!

The president plays politics? I'm not even going to touch this one...

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I have no idea what that means,
I thought that my message was rather clear. You're blinded by your jingoism and are unable to move beyond your Pavlovian outrage over America being compared to our enemies.

You should stop and consider your reaction to my post. That same kind of angry reaction from Americans is what led to Afghanistan being invaded in spite of the Taliban's tenuous connection to the 9/11 terrorist attacks. They were a much larger and more stationary target than Al-Qa'idah and were deemed "good enough" to attack in Usama's stead; the country wasn't about to go a whole month without spilling somebody's blood over what happened, their lack of guilt notwithstanding.

likely because you're high and/or tripping, again.
Nope.

Alright. If you aren't interested in having a discussion in spite of our disagreement, I'm sure somebody else is.
Obviously, even though I explicitely stated that is was nothing personal, you took it personally. You might find that getting a grip on your reactionary emotions might serve you better.

"Taliban's tenuous connection to the 9/11 terrorist attacks"?

Yes, you are definitely high and/or tripping. Or, just nuts.

Hard to tell.

Forum List

Back