Bob Woodwards new book

Woodward’s book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them. During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, “We can absorb a terrorist attack. We’ll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever… we absorbed it and we are stronger.”

I am by far not an Obama supporter but out of curiosity what would you have rather he said? "America would fall if hit by another Terrorist attack" or "We will never have another terrorist attack"
The man is condemned no matter what he says...

I would have preferred a strong, clear statement - ya know, as befitting the Office of President of the United States. 'Absorb' it? Yea. Destroy the foundations of whoever attacks us, and those who harbor them... and financed it.... THAT's what we pay the POTUS for.

Woodward’s book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them. During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, “We can absorb a terrorist attack. We’ll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever… we absorbed it and we are stronger.”

I am by far not an Obama supporter but out of curiosity what would you have rather he said? "America would fall if hit by another Terrorist attack" or "We will never have another terrorist attack"
I agree. I don't see much that is condemnable in what he said, either.

I would have preferred a strong, clear statement - ya know, as befitting the Office of President of the United States. 'Absorb' it? Yea. Destroy the foundations of whoever attacks us, and those who harbor them... and financed it.... THAT's what we pay the POTUS for.

What I got from it(yeah, I know everyone's going to see it differently) is that's exactly what he said. No matter what a terrorist group does to us not only will we survive but we will also thrive.

Fiery deaths; mass annihilation; parentless children. No biggie. Might even solve that unemployment problem.

Unbelievable.

On the bright side, with Obama in charge, any terrorist group who chooses to attack us can rest assured that we will shake our fists and use really, really harsh language at them.

In spite of two pointless wars and occupations, that's all you've managed to do to Usama bin Ladin so far, so why complain?

Actually cooler heads prevailed as time went on past 9/11. If OBL is still alive then he has been contained to simply being a figurehead in a prison of his own construction. It would be a mistake for the west to capture, try and execute or simply find and kill him with confirmation. This would make a martyr out of him, swelling the ranks of radical jihadists world wide by the tens of thousands. Better to let him fade into obscurity and if he still is alive by that time then make the move.

Fiery deaths; mass annihilation; parentless children. No biggie. Might even solve that unemployment problem.

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable.

On the bright side, with Obama in charge, any terrorist group who chooses to attack us can rest assured that we will shake our fists and use really, really harsh language at them.

You just have to get used to mass murder.
Whats the matter with you?
I guess Obama is safe on the golf course, FORE!
ps
Note: It's not "terrorist group", it's "man caused disaster group".
BTW: Only a sociopath would say “we can absorb it”.

Last edited:
How many fucking threads do we need on the same topic?

Are you not capable of including your thoughts into pre-existing threads? Moron.

C'mon California............get a life!!:lol:

I have one, thanks. And, I've learned to read, comprehend, think critically, and even create threads about topics.... what I haven't quite mastered is the ability to start 3rd, 4th and 5th threads on the same fucking topic. I guess I'm just too smart for that.

How many fucking threads do we need on the same topic?

Are you not capable of including your thoughts into pre-existing threads? Moron.

C'mon California............get a life!!:lol:

I have one, thanks. And, I've learned to read, comprehend, think critically, and even create threads about topics.... what I haven't quite mastered is the ability to start 3rd, 4th and 5th threads on the same fucking topic. I guess I'm just too smart for that.

Well, were certainly real proud of ya!!!!:clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I love the Israeli approach.............they hit us, we bomb the living shit out of them, into complete submission if necessary.
I laughed my ass off in the summer of 2007 when Beirut got bombed back to the stone age.

This is going to be the future of course...............you hold the state responsible to keep the nuts in line...........or hell comes to your doorstep and tough the fcukk shit on you.

Woodward quotes Petraeus as saying, "You have to recognize also that I don't think you win this war. I think you keep fighting. It's a little bit like Iraq, actually. . . . Yes, there has been enormous progress in Iraq. But there are still horrific attacks in Iraq, and you have to stay vigilant. You have to stay after it. This is the kind of fight we're in for the rest of our lives and probably our kids' lives."

war without end

This from Sept 12, 2001

The towers are gone now, reduced to bloody rubble, along with all hopes for Peace in Our Time, in the United States or any other country. Make no mistake about it: We are At War now — with somebody — and we will stay At War with that mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives.

Hunter S. Thompson on 9/11 Totally Gonzo

• Thanks
Obama Says U.S. Can ‘Absorb Terror Attacks’
Posted by Guest Contributor on Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 9:55 PM
-By Warner Todd Huston
obama_america_pfft.gif
Eh, don’t worry, America. If there is another 9/11-like terror attack, The One says that we can “absorb it” and just become “stronger” because of it. It’s as if he wants it to happen, or something!
In his latest book, Bob Woodward encountered a President Obama that seemed to casually blow off worry of another terror attack. The Washington Post gave us a sneak preview of Woodward’s newest tome where Obama acted so flippantly toward another 9/11. (my bold)
Linky....

do you think it would have been better for him to say we could not handle another terror attack and would fall to pieces if we had another one, letting terrorists world wide know this....?

I don't!

• Thanks
from what I saw there are several embarrassing comments well, depending on your level of Obama worship etc. that is.

I'll pre-order at amazon, wait for the book to come out and I will read it....yea Woodward got me.
( so did the lefty duo Heliman and Halprin as I bought and read 'Game Change'...thumbs down... I should have known when the NY times said it was "objective and took shots at everyone"...epic fail).

Look he writes books to sell, just like that wiener Scott McClellan. Its coming out now? A month before an election, red meat for cons and R's. Good marketing.

We'll see.

Last edited:
A new book by Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward describes the Obama administration as barraged with warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. President Obama told Woodward in an interview for his "Obama's Wars," "We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever. . . we absorbed it and we are stronger."

Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war

discuss

So basically what we learn is Obama's Major decisions about how to proceed in Afghanistan were driven by a desire to not lose the support of his Party.

Hmmmm

Obviously, even though I explicitely stated that is was nothing personal, you took it personally. You might find that getting a grip on your reactionary emotions might serve you better.
Hmm...

Only one of us is responding with insults. I know that I haven't been reacting emotionally to anything in this thread; I'm having a great day! :)

"Taliban's tenuous connection to the 9/11 terrorist attacks"?

Yes, you are definitely high and/or tripping. Or, just nuts.

Hard to tell.
When I see a person whose only recourse seems to be responding to every post with name-calling, I assume that this person must not have anything worthwhile to add to the discussion. How about you?

A new book by Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward describes the Obama administration as barraged with warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. President Obama told Woodward in an interview for his "Obama's Wars," "We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever. . . we absorbed it and we are stronger."

Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war

discuss

What's to discuss? obie wan is an idiot. case closed. "true story"

If those countries would stop allowing terrorists to train within their borders, we would have to invade them. But they did, so we invade. Don't like it? Easy answer - don't harbor terrorists. I thought we'd made that real clear.
Justify it to yourself in whatever way you need to, CG. By all accounts, the Karzai regime is extremely corrupt and ineffective. No amount of bolstering from NATO is likely to change that after a decade of failure. Over 1,000 US soldiers and 300 billion dollars have been spent on a campaign that has failed to...
  • Kill Usama bin Ladin, the leader of the group that perpetrated the terrorist attacks;
  • Kill Ayman al-Zawahiri, the "brains" of al-Qa'idah;
  • Kill Mullah Omar, the leader of the group that you hold guilty by association;
  • Establish an effective government or military.

Three-hundred billion dollars. And many have been brainwashed to think that this money couldn't have been put to better use. That's a lot of money you spent "teaching a lesson" to the Taliban, a group that had no ambitions outside of Afghanistan's borders. Of course, that's less than half of what you've spent on an even more pointless conflict!

That's a lot of money you spent "teaching a lesson" to the Taliban, a group that had no ambitions outside of Afghanistan's borders.

Sure and that is why when confronted with a chance to cooperate and turn over UBL, they chose to say Fuck you come and get him.

Forum List

Back