Bob Woodwards new book

DiveCon

gone
Aug 10, 2008
A new book by Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward describes the Obama administration as barraged with warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. President Obama told Woodward in an interview for his "Obama's Wars," "We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever. . . we absorbed it and we are stronger."

Bob Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over exit plan for Afghan war

discuss

Obama Says U.S. Can ‘Absorb Terror Attacks’
Posted by Guest Contributor on Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 9:55 PM
-By Warner Todd Huston
obama_america_pfft.gif
Eh, don’t worry, America. If there is another 9/11-like terror attack, The One says that we can “absorb it” and just become “stronger” because of it. It’s as if he wants it to happen, or something!
In his latest book, Bob Woodward encountered a President Obama that seemed to casually blow off worry of another terror attack. The Washington Post gave us a sneak preview of Woodward’s newest tome where Obama acted so flippantly toward another 9/11. (my bold)
Woodward’s book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them. During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, “We can absorb a terrorist attack. We’ll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever… we absorbed it and we are stronger
Linky....

Bob Woodward is releasing a book on Obama that is going to expose secret meetings between the Boy King, his advisers, and generals that in my opinion were what I expected but will take months...maybe years to explain away. I've been telling everyone here this is what he's all about but now the truth will be unavoidable.

The book points out a President that is completely absorbed with politics in just about every decision including the war in Afghanistan, terrorist attacks in the United States, and an incredibly stupid six page war plan Obama gave to his generals.

Obama actually said that we can absorb terrorist attacks worse then 9/11. He also said if he doesn't get out of Afghanistan in 2 years he will lose the Democrat Party. And the nerve of this guy, he actually gave his generals a war plan asking them what they thought of it. Of course the generals felt it was ridiculous but the fact that somebody that has zero military experience would even attempt to write a war plan just spells out the audacity of this guy.

I'm afraid the truth about Barry will be impossible to hide now.

merged-del

Last edited:
Fiery deaths; mass annihilation; parentless children. No biggie. Might even solve that unemployment problem.

Unbelievable.

On the bright side, with Obama in charge, any terrorist group who chooses to attack us can rest assured that we will shake our fists and use really, really harsh language at them.

Fiery deaths; mass annihilation; parentless children. No biggie. Might even solve that unemployment problem.

Unbelievable.

On the bright side, with Obama in charge, any terrorist group who chooses to attack us can rest assured that we will shake our fists and use really, really harsh language at them.

In spite of two pointless wars and occupations, that's all you've managed to do to Usama bin Ladin so far, so why complain?

Unbelievable.

In spite of two pointless wars and occupations, that's all you've managed to do to Usama bin Ladin so far, so why complain?

Osama Bin Laden is dead along with just about all of his original Lts. And a lot of new ones as well.

Neither war was pointless you terrorist supporting shit stain.

Unbelievable.

But that would be islamophobic and racist. Prison for you. :eek:

Osama Bin Laden is dead along with just about all of his original Lts. And a lot of new ones as well.
I guess they found a pretty good impersonator. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf5wr9l5E3Y]YouTube - Osama bin Laden - 2010 Audio Tape[/ame]

Ayman al-Zawahiri and Mullah Omar send you their regards and remind you that they, too, are very much alive.

Neither war was pointless you terrorist supporting shit stain.
Not if the objective was to destroy or ruin the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians, no, but it's my understanding that this wasn't actually the goal of either war. "Terrorist supporting"? No, I'm afraid that pointing out your failure to kill your highest priority target isn't tantamount to giving him my support.

Unbelievable.

Curious. When talking about Americans and the USA, I use the first person.

Obama Says U.S. Can ‘Absorb Terror Attacks’
Posted by Guest Contributor on Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 9:55 PM
-By Warner Todd Huston
obama_america_pfft.gif
Eh, don’t worry, America. If there is another 9/11-like terror attack, The One says that we can “absorb it” and just become “stronger” because of it. It’s as if he wants it to happen, or something!
In his latest book, Bob Woodward encountered a President Obama that seemed to casually blow off worry of another terror attack. The Washington Post gave us a sneak preview of Woodward’s newest tome where Obama acted so flippantly toward another 9/11. (my bold)
Woodward’s book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them. During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, “We can absorb a terrorist attack. We’ll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever… we absorbed it and we are stronger
Linky....
You must be weaker...how sad.

Obama actually said that we can absorb terrorist attacks worse then 9/11.

Can we not?

It's a ridiculous idea.

As President he is tasked with defending this country from all enemies foreign and domestic yet his innate complacency or feeling of inevitability allows him to think that a worse attack then 9/11 can be easily dealt with. This reveals his inner thoughts on the matter and explains why his answer during the Democrat debates to the question "What would you do to prevent another terrorist attack in the US" his answer was to make sure we had good first responders. He knows we'll have one, accepts it, and he may not do everything in his power to prevent it. He instead worries about the cleanup effort and how he will deal with the effects of it rather then prevent it in the first place.

Last edited:

Unbelievable.

OBL was only ever a 'face'.

Look at what we did.... in Iraq and Afghanistan.... Ask yourself 'what are Americans capable of if it happens again'.... because, next time, we won't be so fucking nice about it.

Forum List

Back