Board Upgrade - Going down at 3:30pm EST

jimnyc said:
I'm looking into returning this option...
Hey Jim, maybe it's just me, but I've had problems with the 'automatic features' in posting: ie., quote marks, color, adding links...

Kathianne said:
Hey Jim, maybe it's just me, but I've had problems with the 'automatic features' in posting: ie., quote marks, color, adding links...

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, can you take a screenshot so we can see?

jimnyc said:
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, can you take a screenshot so we can see?
Right now with replying:

if I try to use the quote feature, nothing. I have to add the
manually. That's no biggie, but I can't 'click' the smilies, though if I hover, it tell me it's 'smilies'

I'm trying to figure out if you're issue is board wide or not since I can't seem to reproduce the problem, or I'm mis-understanding. Is anyone else having the same problem?

jimnyc said:
I'm trying to figure out if you're issue is board wide or not since I can't seem to reproduce the problem, or I'm mis-understanding. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Could it be 'mac' issue? BTW, the inner frame of the reply screen is now grey, rather than a darker blue. Again, perhaps it's just my computer?

jimnyc said:
Jim, it's working! I don't know if you did something or my restarting the computer is what did it, thanks.

jillian said:
I still can't use smilies or the bold/italics/underline functions.

After you write your text, highlight the text you want to bold/italics/underline and then choose that option. Is that what you're doing? Works for me...

jimnyc said:
After you write your text, highlight the text you want to bold/italics/underline and then choose that option. Is that what you're doing? Works for me...
I'm not having any problems. Bold works, Italics work, underline workscolors:laugh: :cheers2: :blah2: :huh: .

jimnyc said:

just tried clicking on them and doing it your way. nada. :(

still can't do smilies, either, though I was able to do that ^ one manually.

I have noticed that if I take awhile to type up a reply to a post, I am automatically logged out. Thus I have to copy my reply, log in, and paste it on a new reply.

mom4 said:
I have noticed that if I take awhile to type up a reply to a post, I am automatically logged out. Thus I have to copy my reply, log in, and paste it on a new reply.

Really? This has never happened to me. It may have something to do with you settings in the Control Panel...

Forum List

Back