Better banning process

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Should any fights arise during a heated discussion, I've added a function to the board that allows moderators to ban a particular user from posting in a thread. The rest of the board will operate normally but the user will no longer be able to post in the thread in question. Board rules will be updated soon to reflect these changes.

I think this is better for those that are good members but just need a time out.

no1tovote4 said:
A smack on the hand unless they carry it over to a new thread, eh? I can see it....

I think it's a fair warning tho---if they carry it over to another thread then they deserve a few days in the penalty box and it's obvious to all why they got put there.

dilloduck said:
I think it's a fair warning tho---if they carry it over to another thread then they deserve a few days in the penalty box and it's obvious to all why they got put there.

Definitely. The more I think on it, the better I like it.

no1tovote4 said:
Definitely. The more I think on it, the better I like it.

Yeah, hopefully the user will get the hint if they just get banned from disrupting a thread. Should they continue then they'll likely get hit with a timed ban. It should help keep the fights from ruining threads. Although I'd rather not see someone make a thread just to annoy someone else, I'd rather see that then see a good thread ruined.

jimnyc said:
Yeah, hopefully the user will get the hint if they just get banned from disrupting a thread. Should they continue then they'll likely get hit with a timed ban. It should help keep the fights from ruining threads. Although I'd rather not see someone make a thread just to annoy someone else, I'd rather see that then see a good thread ruined.

Exactly. Too many threads end up closed before their time because of one or two "fighters". Emotive argument is part and parcel of this type of board, but there are lines that should not be crossed. Instead of stopping all conversation you can just end it for the ones that crossed that line.

I, personally, really like the idea. Too many times Mm or I have been in the process of posting when we find the thread has been shut down and figure, what's the use? This allows the discussion to continue.

I think it sounds like Naziism jim, really. It's a bad idea. that's just my two cents.

rtwngAvngr said:
I think it sounds like Naziism jim, really. It's a bad idea. that's just my two cents.
Spoken as one who might want threads shut down or not, depending on the mod.

Kathianne said:
Spoken as one who might want threads shut down or not, depending on the mod.

I'm for free speech and free participation of all members in all threads. QUit projecting your naziism on me.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm for free speech and free participation of all members in all threads. QUit projecting your naziism on me.

I'm SO beyond tired of your whining - the next time I see you call a moderator a nazi, or make such implication about this board I'll give you a few days off to think about your behavior.

dmp said:
I'm SO beyond tired of your whining - the next time I see you call a moderator a nazi, or make such implication about this board I'll give you a few days off to think about your behavior.

yes, master.

I see that even on this forum Conservative big-brother is watching over his sheep to ensure their minds are not polluted with Liberal dogma. How quaint and predictable are these Conservatives.........

Yukon said:
I see that even on this forum Conservative big-brother is watching over his sheep to ensure their minds are not polluted with Liberal dogma. How quaint and predictable are these Conservatives.........
You might want to take a look at the 'rules' regarding admin/mod decisions. :read:

Yukon said:

If you are here to insult or merely stir up shit save me the trouble of banning you and go away now.

Yukon said:

Liberals abound--don't start off being silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back