Bloomberg, like so many other of the DNC speakers, also hit it out of the park last night

The VOR

Gold Member
May 8, 2011
His full speech can be seen here:

The full text of his speech can be read here:

READ: Full text of Michael Bloomberg's speech at DNC 2016

The speech was fantastic and right on the money. Here are some of my favorite parts of his speech:

"There are times when I disagree with Hillary. But whatever our disagreements may be, I've come here to say: We must put them aside for the good of our country. And we must unite around the candidate who can defeat a dangerous demagogue."

"I believe we need a president who is a problem-solver, not a bomb-thrower; someone who can bring members of Congress together, to get big things done. And I know Hillary Clinton can do that, because I saw it firsthand!"

"Throughout his career, Trump has left behind a well-documented record of bankruptcies, thousands of lawsuits, angry shareholders and contractors who feel cheated, and disillusioned customers who feel ripped off. Trump says he wants to run the nation like he's run his business. God help us."

"I'm a New Yorker, and New Yorkers know a con when we see one! Trump says he'll punish manufacturers that move to Mexico or China, but the clothes he sells are made overseas in low-wage factories. He says he wants to put Americans back to work, but he games the U.S. visa system so he can hire temporary foreign workers at low wages. He says he wants to deport 11 million undocumented people, but he seems to have no problem in hiring them. What'd I miss here?"

"Now, I know Hillary Clinton is not flawless; no candidate is. But she is the right choice — and the responsible choice — in this election. No matter what you may think about her politics or her record, Hillary Clinton understands that this is not reality television; this is reality. She understands the job of president. It involves finding solutions, not pointing fingers, and offering hope, not stoking fear."

The speech was fantastic and right on the money. Here are some of my favorite parts of his speech:

"There are times when I disagree with Hillary. But whatever our disagreements may be, I've come here to say: We must put them aside for the good of our country. And we must unite around the candidate who can defeat a dangerous demagogue."

"I believe we need a president who is a problem-solver, not a bomb-thrower; someone who can bring members of Congress together, to get big things done. And I know Hillary Clinton can do that, because I saw it firsthand!"

"Throughout his career, Trump has left behind a well-documented record of bankruptcies, thousands of lawsuits, angry shareholders and contractors who feel cheated, and disillusioned customers who feel ripped off. Trump says he wants to run the nation like he's run his business. God help us."

"I'm a New Yorker, and New Yorkers know a con when we see one! Trump says he'll punish manufacturers that move to Mexico or China, but the clothes he sells are made overseas in low-wage factories. He says he wants to put Americans back to work, but he games the U.S. visa system so he can hire temporary foreign workers at low wages. He says he wants to deport 11 million undocumented people, but he seems to have no problem in hiring them. What'd I miss here?"

"Now, I know Hillary Clinton is not flawless; no candidate is. But she is the right choice — and the responsible choice — in this election. No matter what you may think about her politics or her record, Hillary Clinton understands that this is not reality television; this is reality. She understands the job of president. It involves finding solutions, not pointing fingers, and offering hope, not stoking fear."

"donald wants to run the country like he runs his businesses. heaven help us". that was the best.

I liked Bloomberg's assessment of Trumps wealth

Most have achieved their wealth without resorting to the tactics and morals of Trump. This is not the model to run a country

Throughout his career, Trump has left behind a well-documented record of bankruptcies, thousands of lawsuits, angry shareholders and contractors who feel cheated, and disillusioned customers who feel ripped off. Trump says he wants to run the nation like he's run his business. God help us."

The Donald worked hard to obtain his wealth. How did the jewish douchebag midget Bloomberg obtain his billions?

The Donald worked hard to obtain his wealth. How did the jewish douchebag midget Bloomberg obtain his billions?
Trump made his money the old fashioned way, daddy gave it to him. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Bloomberg on the other hand is a self-made man.

He challenged the Dems on private business and education and you could hear some boos.

He agreed with them on Trump and they cheered.

Such is the life of an Independent.

Good speech, the "heaven help us" line was perfectly delivered and funny.

Last edited:
Trump made his money the old fashioned way, daddy gave it to him. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

How many billions did daddy give Trump?

Hey....You are Fred Trumps boy aren't you?

Nope.

Are you HIllarys or Baraks illegitimate son?

Bloomberg, another tyrant who never had an idea that didn't require mandatory compliance.

What is it with you collectivists and the need to be told what to do? Have you no sense of independence, of working shit out for yourself? It's really pathetic.

Nope.

Why come on in Donald, I used to do business with Fred in the old days. You don't have the money for the down payment? I'm sure your daddy can cosign on the deal.

Typical wealthy conservative....Born on third base and acts like they hit a triple

Nope.

Why come on in Donald, I used to do business with Fred in the old days. You don't have the money for the down payment? I'm sure your daddy can cosign on the deal.

Typical wealthy conservative....Born on third base and acts like they hit a triple

Still lacking an answer for how many billions Daddy left Trump.

Going to keep wasting time deflecting?

Nope.

Daddy left in the neighborhood of $40 million. He also left invaluable contacts in the real estate field who were at Donalds disposal when needed

It is easy to make money when Daddy clears the path for you.....just ask Donald's kids

Nope.

Daddy left in the neighborhood of $40 million. He also left invaluable contacts in the real estate field who were at Donalds disposal when needed

It is easy to make money when Daddy clears the path for you.....just ask Donald's kids

$40 Million, and he's now worth, depending who you believe, between $3 Billion and $8.5 billion.

Not too shabby

Like many successful Businessmen and Investors in New York, Bloomberg did a good job of communicating that Trump is seen as a joke among his peers.

No serious person respects him.

Why am I not surprised dumbocrats love someone who banned salt and the big gulp!

You mean out of the BILLIONS he is worth he got a LOAN from his father which he had to pay back with interest.

Bloomberg, another tyrant who never had an idea that didn't require mandatory compliance.

What is it with you collectivists and the need to be told what to do? Have you no sense of independence, of working shit out for yourself? It's really pathetic.

Did you really just type that in a thread about an Independent speaking at the DNC? Its like you didnt even read the OP or something. Fix yourself

Did you really just type that in a thread about an Independent speaking at the DNC? Its like you didnt even read the OP or something. Fix yourself

So I'm not allowed to comment on the speaker referenced in the OP. Got it.

Independent my ass. I don't care what Bloomy calls himself, he's a central planner that's just sure he knows what's best for everyone else.

Soda anyone?

So I'm not allowed to comment on the speaker referenced in the OP. Got it.

Independent my ass. I don't care what Bloomy calls himself, he's a central planner that's just sure he knows what's best for everyone else.

Soda anyone?

The guy is a Independent then you cried that an independent speaking at the DNC shows no independence. Weee!:spinner:

Forum List

Back