"Blood Libel"

The problem is manhy of us believe violent images can effect people , especially mentally ill people.

There are studies that show this is true yet for poltical reasons you will pretend they do not.

Lets remember that at one time 70% of the country thought Sadam Hussian had soemthing to do with 911.

Why did they think that?

because it was infered by people in the poltical sphere.

words and images matter , Go ask any marketing director.

To pretend that others dont believe what they are saying is pretty disrespectful dont you think?

I beleive it and arround 30% of the US believe it.

There have been times when 30% of the people were right and the other 70 % were right.

remember when 70% of the american people thought sadam did 911?

You might be onto something about violence and mental illness because the violent images have certainly unsettled all of USMB Progressives

oh I see you can tell me how to talk but I cant tell you violent speech doesnt belong in the poltical sphere?

Guess what I will keep saying it just as long as you defend the violent speech

I'm not telling your stupid ass how to talk. I'm telling you to get off the bullshit about violent images in reference to political speech.

Political attack ads have been around for over 200 years you stupid fuck!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_zTN4BXvYI&feature=player_profilepage[/ame]

Oh and where are the links supporting your bullshit claims?!?!

Interesting. Palin is objecting to others using vitriol while claiming she has every right to do it herself.

:eusa_eh:

'Blood libel,' social sin and Sarah Palin

In response to the tragic shooting in Arizona, Sarah Palin on Wednesday released a nearly eight-minute video that said that those who imply that she bears some responsibility for Jared Lee Loughner's act of violence are guilty of "blood libel."

"Journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn," Palin said in the statement.

The term may come to haunt Palin. According to the Anti-Defamation League, the words are connected to anti-Semitism and have a long and painful history for Jews:

"The allegation that Jews murder non-Jews to use their blood for ritual or medicinal purposes dates back to the Middle Ages and has spawned many variants over time. Jewish law expressly prohibits the consumption of any blood. Nevertheless it was alleged that Jews drank Christian blood on Passover and mixed it into matzah, the unleavened bread eaten on that holiday. During medieval times two popes expressly declared such claims to have been fabricated. Nevertheless, instances of what has come to be known as the "blood libel" have persisted into modern times. Blood libels have frequently led to mob violence and pogroms, and have occasionally led to the decimation of entire Jewish communities."

Under God: 'Blood libel,' social sin and Sarah Palin - Washington Post

Ed Shultz of MSNBC has been relentless in his attack on Sarah Palin over the last few days.His last tirade was that she hasn't said anything about what happened and not asking for forgiveness for causing this despicable act.Now She has released a video.Now I'm sure Shultz and his buddies will attack her for somehow taking advantage of the tragedy and slamming her for using it for her advancement on the political stage...

Let's face it folks the left doesn't just not like her.They fear her for some reason and beyond that I will advance the notion that what they feel is just pure hatred for her.

i'm not real big on ed shultz. but it isn't 'hatred' to call palin on what she is.

you want to talk hatred? listen to rush and beck talk about the president.

if sarah has a problem with it, she should stop putting cross hairs over the faces of people she disagrees with and saying there are 'pro america parts of the country'.

dems don't hate her... we think she's an idiot and apparently as thin-skinned as her supporters who cry every time people are 'mean' to her.

And what is she, in your opinion.

I didn't hear a peep out of you when Obama stated any of the following.....

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

Bump for Jillian

I'm waiting for your answer as to what you think Palin is. Please be specific and support it with links.

I saw a good portion of the video and I agree'd with her completely.

I guess there really is a first time for everything.

I'll still never vote for her. Ever.

Ed Shultz of MSNBC has been relentless in his attack on Sarah Palin over the last few days.His last tirade was that she hasn't said anything about what happened and not asking for forgiveness for causing this despicable act.Now She has released a video.Now I'm sure Shultz and his buddies will attack her for somehow taking advantage of the tragedy and slamming her for using it for her advancement on the political stage...

Let's face it folks the left doesn't just not like her.They fear her for some reason and beyond that I will advance the notion that what they feel is just pure hatred for her.

i'm not real big on ed shultz. but it isn't 'hatred' to call palin on what she is.

if sarah has a problem with it, she should stop putting cross hairs over the faces of people she disagrees with and saying there are 'pro america parts of the country'.

dems don't hate her... we think she's an idiot and apparently as thin-skinned as her supporters who cry every time people are 'mean' to her.

You hate her cupcake. Always have. To deny it now makes you look stupid You own it.

Do you actually listen to Rush and Beck, or are you just going by what politicos say they're saying?

Psst..it's not hatred to point out hatred and libel.

If it was, then the people who tried to get the US engaged in helping the Jews out of concentration camps BEFORE Pearl Harbor would be considered haters.

This is why the American Left fears and hates Palin.
The American left neither fears nor hates Palin. This is what psychiatrists call "projection". The American right traffics in hate and fear and paranoia.

Speaking as someone on the American Left, I find nothing but incredulity when considering Palin as a serious politico. I find her witless, simple, uneducated and incapable of anything but maybe running the Wasila Wendy's. I could not fear someone that incompetent unless she actually wins political office and sticks to her simplistic policies.

The American left neither fears nor hates Palin. This is what psychiatrists call "projection". The American right traffics in hate and fear and paranoia.

Speaking as someone on the American Left, I find nothing but incredulity when considering Palin as a serious politico. I find her witless, simple, uneducated and incapable of anything but maybe running the Wasila Wendy's. I could not fear someone that incompetent unless she actually wins political office and sticks to her simplistic policies.
What is wrong with simplistic policies?

gawd jilly, You can lie like this and look yourself in the mirror?
you being someone who is suppose to UPHOLD the law and all.

She's speaking out while the monkey in the White House is planning his next vacation and reveling in the recession and turmoil. The only thing what would have gotten Obama to speak out against the Progressive harsh rhetoric and hate speech was if the shooter were named Jared bin Loughner

Way to keep it classy, Francis.

And as I've watched you post for a few years, I fully realize you intentionally stuck the term "monkey" in your post to try and get someone to fly off on a "you're a racist" tangent.

Either way, It's still banal.

Yep. Everything she does is an attempt to either stay relevant or make money. Not necessarily in that order.

Of course her defenders want to say this mis-usage is ok. It's not. It's not only a misuse, it's the misuse of a term of derision. If there were other words she could have used...without the derisive history...why not use them? Especially when the word doesn't mean what you're purporting it does?!!?

She likes her little sound bites and knows the rabid will always defend her.

Really freakin' lame.

LOL

Yeah, have you checked say, USMB to see what the Progressives are posting about Palin?

LOL

You're sure a fucking liar

Forum List

Back