*Blasting Off The New Year: Muslim Style!*

*Are You sick of islam as I am?*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry bout that,

Hate resides on both sides of the divide.

Regardless of our books.

It comes from another place entirely...

1. So where does hate come from?
2. Not that I don't have a clue, but Ropey my friend, your way too simplistic.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That is a journey every human being must make on their own. They must find their own source of both love and hate. It is an entirely personal thing which some can use along with their own strength of will to create or destroy.

I know that if we teach our children and indoctrinate them to hate at a very young age, then a great majority of those ones will not be inclined to love and will have a far more perilous journey to find love.

It's an introspective thing that is found by love and then fought with faith. I will not let fear turn into hate. I will not let dislike turn into hate. I will not let anger turn into hate.

But I can. And every time I do, it becomes just a little bit harder to bring my humanity to the forefront.

That's the battle. Even the atheists have this battle although they choose to call it simple ethics and morality.

I always wonder if this choice would be there for no reason. Things seem to have reasons.

What's yours?

Sorry bout that,

1. And Ropey, why in the hell would you compare the Torrah to the Koran?
2. I don't get it, unless your some bleeding heart apologist for Islam??? :confused:
3. And you being a Jew just blows my mind.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Compare? Comparing the times is what I am comparing, not the books. I came in this thread because the title is rather compelling. I usually stay out of the:

I hate.... threads or ones that make this extension in the title.

I'll just stay out of this one now.

Continue on as is your choice.

I just stumbled in.

And I am one of the nopes!

A Jewish Nope....

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Hate resides on both sides of the divide.

Regardless of our books.

It comes from another place entirely...

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That is a journey every human being must make on their own. They must find their own source of both love and hate. It is an entirely personal thing which some can use along with their own strength of will to create or destroy.

I know that if we teach our children and indoctrinate them to hate at a very young age, then a great majority of those ones will not be inclined to love and will have a far more perilous journey to find love.

It's an introspective thing that is found by love and then fought with faith. I will not let fear turn into hate. I will not let dislike turn into hate. I will not let anger turn into hate.

But I can. And every time I do, it becomes just a little bit harder to bring my humanity to the forefront.

That's the battle. Even the atheists have this battle although they choose to call it simple ethics and morality.

I always wonder if this choice would be there for no reason. Things seem to have reasons.

What's yours?

1. Hate comes from within? or is it taught?
2. I think you try to make human traits simply yet complex.
3. You over simplfy whats good, and make complex whats bad.
4. You end up apologizing for everyone.
5. Thats not living in reality my friend.
Ropey wroye: "It's an introspective thing that is found by love and then fought with faith."
6. Now this is double speak, and more or less you're talking out both sides of your mouth, *hate is a introspective???* *and found by love????* * then fought by faith???*, this has no grounding in reality my friend, are you starting a cult or something buddy?
7. You keep searching, but having read your bio, your kinda old, and if this is where your heads at now, I believe you over shot the runway buddy!
8. And another thing thats amazing, the muslims in Israel would cut your throat in a second, if they ever catch you in a weak moment.
9. You're going to have to stiffen up the old spine my friend, I know your old, but really!!!:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

What's yours?

Ropey wroye: "It's an introspective thing that is found by love and then fought with faith."
6. Now this is double speak, and more or less you're talking out both sides of your mouth, *hate is a introspective???* *and found by love????* * then fought by faith???*, this has no grounding in reality my friend, are you starting a cult or something buddy?
7. You keep searching, but havingread your bio, your kinda old, and if this is where your heads at now, I believe you over shot the runway buddy!
8. And another thing thats amazing, the muslims in Israel would cut your throat in a second, if they ever catch you in a weak moment.
9. You're going to have to stiffen up the old spine my friend, I know your old, but really!!!:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Simplistic is good. Mathematics is the study that interprets facts and attempts to explain them in the most simple terms.

E-Mc^2 is quite elegant and it explains much.

I put forward that those who attempt to complicate do so for other reasons than comprehension. Things are not that complicated. The Greeks understood this when they created Symbolic Logic and their computational truth tables.

So, I thank you for letting me know that I am hitting you at the intended level. The gut level of simplicity.

Stiffen up my spine? For what? Discussion on an Internet Web Site? Do you really think our words here do more than share our thoughts and beliefs of the moment.

I am a single generation in a multi-generational moment called humanity. The Great Wall of China's History right sizes me. So do the Pyramids.

Much does. :)

I have Arab friends in Israel and here in White Rock.

And this is not about me, it is about what I think.

Message/Messenger and all that.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. And Ropey, why in the hell would you compare the Torrah to the Koran?
2. I don't get it, unless your some bleeding heart apologist for Islam??? :confused:
3. And you being a Jew just blows my mind.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Compare? Comparing the times is what I am comparing, not the books. I came in this thread because the title is rather compelling. I usually stay out of the:

I hate.... threads or ones that make this extension in the title.

I'll just stay out of this one now.

Continue on as is your choice.

I just stumbled in.

And I am one of the nopes!

A Jewish Nope....

1. Your welcome to stay, Jews are always welcome.
2. But really thats what they are teaching now from the Torrah?
3. Its out there my man!
4. Really out there!!!!!!
5. Anyway, sure I do hate what Islam stands for, I can not say otherwise, because so many souls are being led to destruction.
6. And think about it, its destroying others not in Islam, and Islam wants you too.
7. Well I guess for you its nice to be wanted eh my friend??? :confused:
8. Probelm is, they want your head on a end of a stick.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

What's yours?

7. You keep searching, but havingread your bio, your kinda old, and if this is where your heads at now, I believe you over shot the runway buddy!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Simplistic is good. Mathematics is the study that interprets facts and attempts to explain them in the most simple terms.

E-Mc^2 is quite elegant and it explains much.

I put forward that those who attempt to complicate do so for other reasons than comprehension. Things are not that complicated. The Greeks understood this when they created Symbolic Logic and their computational truth tables.

So, I thank you for letting me know that I am hitting you at the intended level. The gut level of simplicity.

Stiffen up my spine? For what? Discussion on an Internet Web Site? Do you really think our words here do more than share our thoughts and beliefs of the moment.

I am a single generation in a multi-generational moment called humanity. The Great Wall of China's History right sizes me. So do the Pyramids.

Much does. :)

I have Arab friends in Israel and here in White Rock.

1. Hey Ropey, I really like you a lot, G-d love ya and everything.
2. But you are over simplfying this to where everythings a joke.
3. Is everything a joke to you? :confused:
4. Lemme ask you a question seriously, theres been alot of talk about Satan in this thread, I have broght it up a lot, as you will see if you read the whole thing, now, "Do The Jews Teach There Is a Satan?"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
You have your own road, perceptions, values, ethics, morals and choices.

I can merely share with you what mine are, and read what yours are with inclusion. I accept yours.

3. Is everything a joke to you? :confused

Now this serves to keep me in this thread indeed. Let me explain how I think. For me, it is a joke to think that I can make any lasting change in the multi and cross generational movement that is humanity.

It happens regardless of me, and I have fought for my Love that is Israel.

So, on the premise that we are simply drops of water in a stream when speaking of the human movement as a species and of which have subsets of varying belief systems; I come to the extension that all we really have personally is today and the rest of our lives.

We can plan events, but not the outcomes.

You seem to think that this great battle is driven by people. I believe it is driven by the stream of humankind. Why would there be so much written about the end of times. And remember, those times were the world of the Middle East. Not end of days. Not end of the world. End of times that will usher in a new times.

I have faith that this is all happening as it should on a multi-generational aspect.

And as a human being, I do not think that anything I do will make a great change in that aspect.

I have faith it is all as it should be. If it is supposed to be happening in this way, who am I to go against the will of G-d?

Sorry bout that,

You have your own road, perceptions, values, ethics, morals and choices.

I can merely share with you what mine are, and read what yours are with inclusion. I accept yours.

1. Sure each of us are a total sum or our past experiances.
2. Culturally tradtionially and geographiclly.
3. I'm okay with you sharing who you are, and what you think, but frankly I don't get you on the most part, no offense.
4. And I doubt anyone else does.:cool:
5, Thats it, maybe I need an interpreter??? :confused:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

"Do The Jews Teach There Is a Satan?"

I can tell you what I have been taught as an Orthodox Jew, and my avatar shows me laying Tefillin by the way. :lol:

There is one G-d, one power. We are, all of us (humanity) created in the image of that power. What powers our body's mechanics? What powers our bodies minds?

We have a soul, and our choices in life increase or decrease the strength of our soul. When our time comes, the strength of our soul is the strength of our connection (think magnetism) to the one power.

The closer we are to that power, the more content our souls are in this environment.

The further, the more discontent our souls are in this environment.

The Ten Commandments

I have killed.

Even if I have done this in protection of my Love Israel. I don't know the value of either and how I will be judged for the choices I have made.

So, nu?

Sorry bout that,

3. Is everything a joke to you? :confused

Now this serves to keep me in this thread indeed. Let me explain how I think. For me, it is a joke to think that I can make any lasting change in the multi and cross generational movement that is humanity.

It happens regardless of me, and I have fought for my Love that is Israel.

So, on the premise that we are simply drops of water in a stream when speaking of the human movement as a species and of which have subsets of varying belief systems; I come to the extension that all we really have personally is today and the rest of our lives.

We can plan events, but not the outcomes.

You seem to think that this great battle is driven by people. I believe it is driven by the stream of humankind. Why would there be so much written about the end of times. And remember, those times were the world of the Middle East. Not end of days. Not end of the world. End of times that will usher in a new times.

I have faith that this is all happening as it should on a multi-generational aspect.

And as a human being, I do not think that anything I do will make a great change in that aspect.

I have faith it is all as it should be. If it is supposed to be happening in this way, who am I to go against the will of G-d?

1. You can change humanities path, sure you can make a difference, but if you decide not too, then, you're right, no you can't.
2. If you get weak, then those around may get weak too, this can effect all Jews in time of great need, because perhaps people will just say, "Okay where are the oven's?"
3. This need not be my friend.
4. Israel is a wonderful Nation, and I've been there and really Love Israel, I understand you on that, above anything else you've said.
5. The stream of Islam wants to run the Jews into the sea, then shoot all you down like dogs, then scrap you up with a bulldozer, and bury you in a long ditch by the coast.
6. I think you should be ready for them my friend, and stay thirsty.
7. G-d's will isn't a thing you can measure, thats just silly, when Muslims murder Jews, its not G-ds will, its Satans will, and to say its G-ds will is blaming G-d for Satans handy work.
8. I wish you would grow a spine my friend, G-d love ya!:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Calling my courage or lack their of into contention because you don't like what I think....

And end with regards? I think you do not know how to discuss. Just disagree and turn it personal.

So, I will just accept that you have a disregard for the respect of others views.

And this has nothing to do with the book you read.

It's an personal choice you make.

You make my point with regards to the single human soul. I will not respond with a like minded retort.

That's my choice. But I am out of here. Be well.

Sorry bout that,

"Do The Jews Teach There Is a Satan?"

I can tell you what I have been taught as an Orthodox Jew, and my avatar shows me laying Tefillin by the way. :lol:

There is one G-d, one power. We are, all of us (humanity) created in the image of that power. What powers our body's mechanics? What powers our bodies minds?

We have a soul, and our choices in life increase or decrease the strength of our soul. When our time comes, the strength of our soul is the strength of our connection (think magnetism) to the one power.

The closer we are to that power, the more content our souls are in this environment.

The further, the more discontent our souls are in this environment.

The Ten Commandments

I have killed.

Even if I have done this in protection of my Love Israel. I don't know the value of either and how I will be judged for the choices I have made.

So, nu?

1. Sorry old bud, but what is tefilin?
2. We haven't gotten into the G-d questions, we are still asking is there *Satan*?
3. Did you answer that one yet, without me knowing it??? :confused:
4. So you killed Muslims because it was kill or be killed?
5. I think thats okay my friend.
6. I just told you, seeing you were protecting your Nation, its justified, relax, theres killing, then theres murder, Muslims just murder, they do it to thier own, and any body who gets in the way, and feel nothing about it, inhuman, at least you are human, and have feelings of guilt, but this guilt is misplaced, forgetabloutit!:cool:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Calling my courage or lack their of into contention because you don't like what I think....

And end with regards? I think you do not know how to discuss. Just disagree and turn it personal.

So, I will just accept that you have a disregard for the respect of others views.

And this has nothing to do with the book you read.

It's an personal choice you make.

You make my point with regards to the single human soul. I will not respond with a like minded retort.

That's my choice. But I am out of here. Be well.

1. Okay man, I wasn't getting the answers I was asking for anyways.
2. Stay thirsty my friend.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Wow that was weird, but anyway, lets get back on topic.
2. Ropey is to hard for me to understand.
3. If anyone else understood Ropey, let me know, because I would like to see if anyone did.
4. I am pretty sure the Jews believe there is Satan, but I couldn't get him to say so.
5. Anyone?

Regards,
SirJAmesofTexas

1. Sorry old bud, but what is tefilin?

The Torah tells us "And you shall bind them as a sign on your arm, and they shall be as frontlets on your head between your eyes" (Deuteronomy 6:8).

This is the Mitzvah of Tefillin which is the binding of ones heart and soul to G-d. However, how the Torah is interpreted into the book of laws is not more than inspired thinking. So, the laying of the tefillin is only the cultural representation of the traditionally interpreted Tefillin expression in the Torah.

There's a lot of wiggle room in the term "bind them as a sign on your arm, and they shall be as frontlets on your head, between your eyes."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9NJtJJoVIY[/ame]

That's what I mean by interpretations are at issue, not the belief. I know, you don't see that, but maybe someday. I know you understand my words, just not their connections.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbvkwiFg3Yw[/ame]

2. We haven't gotten into the G-d questions, we are still asking is there *Satan*?

^Slow down, read up^ :)

4. So you killed Muslims because it was kill or be killed?
5. I think thats okay my friend.
6. I just told you, seeing you were protecting your Nation, its justified, relax, theres killing, then theres murder, Muslims just murder, they do it to thier own, and any body who gets in the way, and feel nothing about it, inhuman, at least you are human, and have feelings of guilt, but this guilt is misplaced, forgetabloutit!:

It's not you who will be judging my actions. :eusa_shhh: I personally fought Egyptians. Calling them Muslims indicts all other Muslims into an attachment with this fight.

I won't go there. It's not real to me. It's a lie of words.

Humm...I can name righteous Jews, and righteous Christians, But I can't really name any righteous muslims of the top of my head?

Sorry bout that,

1. Wow that was weird, but anyway, lets get back on topic.
2. Ropey is to hard for me to understand.
3. If anyone else understood Ropey, let me know, because I would like to see if anyone did.
4. I am pretty sure the Jews believe there is Satan, but I couldn't get him to say so.
5. Anyone?

Regards,
SirJAmesofTexas

Well... Jews don't believe there is an actual entity known as Satan. We believe in good and evil, It's you're choice which you want to follow. Hashem gave us that choice.

Jews believe in The Satan, and not in the devil.

IN SHORT... For Jews, anything that even remotely conflicts with the idea that God is One and Indivisible will be rejected because it precludes true, pure, monotheism. The idea that there is a God in heaven above who fights against a god of the underworld, or hell, is not monotheism, however, it is the same duality found in other pagan faiths. The Bible speaks of a character known as The Satan, who acts like a prosecuting attorney, or a district attorney, in God's court. However, The Satan has no power or authority in and of himself, rather he must get permission from the Judge, God, to do anything.

A FULL EXPLANATION... For Jews, anything that even remotely conflicts with the idea that God is One and Indivisible will be rejected because it precludes true, pure, monotheism. The idea that there is a God in heaven above who fights against a god of the underworld, or hell, is not monotheism. Other faiths had this same duality:

Greek: Zeus/Hades
Roman: Jupiter/Pluto
Christian: God/Devil

Now, of course, Judaism and the Bible tell of a character called, "The Satan." Every time the term is used in the Hebrew Scriptures, it reads, "HaSaTaN," which means "THE Satan." However, the concept of The Satan is radically different from the idea of the Devil. For Christians, the devil has power and authority in and of himself. However, in the Bible, The Satan only has power granted by God, and has no authority in and of himself. For the devil, or satan, to have power and authority is to have more than one god, as we saw above concerning the Greeks and the Romans.

The Satan is described in only a few places in the Hebrew Scriptures. In every instance, he is an angel who works FOR God, not against God, and must get permission from God for everything that he does. Chronicles, Job, Psalms, and Zechariah are the only places where The Satan is mentioned. In each instance, the job description of The Satan is to act like what we now call a Prosecuting Attorney, or District Attorney, and accuse and show evidence against the defendant. Furthermore, like a D.A., The Satan must obtain permission from God, The Judge, to begin a sting operation.

In the following quotation from the Biblical Book of Job, please take note of who is doing the talking, as The Satan asks God for permission to conduct a sting operation against Job:

And the Eternal said unto <the>Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou <The Satan> movedst me <God> against him, to destroy him without cause. And Satan answered the Eternal, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life. But put forth thine hand <God's hand> now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the Eternal said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. [Job 2:3-6]

In the above verses, The Satan must get permission from God to perform this "sting operation" on Job. The Satan has no power or authority of his own, like a District Attorney who must also obtain permission from The Judge for anything he does.

Furthermore, the Biblical text paints this same picture of the Satan, when it uses the character of The Satan in what appears to be the end of a court scene. In the following two quotations, The Satan is standing near the accused like the D.A. stands at the end of a court drama on television.

And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Eternal, and <the>Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. And the Eternal said unto Satan, "The Eternal rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Eternal that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?" [Zechariah 3:1-2]

Set thou a wicked man over him, and let Satan stand at his right hand. When he shall be judged, let him be condemned, and let his prayer become sin. [Psalm 109:6-7]

In the Bible there is also verses which show that it is God, the Creator and Ruler of the whole universe, who is responsible for both the Good and the Bad, and not a devil or god of the underworld:

I am the Eternal, and there is none else, there is no god beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Eternal, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Eternal do all these things. [Isaiah 45:5-7]

For God, the Bible, and for Judaism, to have an entity that competes with God, that has power and authority of his own in opposition to God, is to violate the basic idea of monotheism.

What Jews Believe

Forum List

Back