Blanco Admn blocked food and water to Superdome

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Gov. Kathleen Blanco's Bureaucrats Blocked Food and Water

The Red Cross was reportedly ready to deliver food, water and other supplies to flood-ravaged refugees who were sweltering inside New Orleans' Superdome last week - but the relief was blocked by bureaucrats who worked for Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco.

Fox News Channel's Major Garrett reported Wednesday that the Red Cross had "trucks with water, food, hygiene equipment, all sorts of things ready to go ... to the Superdome and Convention Center."

But the Louisiana Department of Homeland Security, Garrett said, "told them they could not go."
"The Red Cross tells me that Louisiana's Department of Homeland Security said, 'Look, we do not want to create a magnet for more people to come to the Superdome or Convention Center, we want to get them out,'" he explained.

"So at the same time local officials were screaming where is the food, where is the water, the Red Cross was standing by ready [and] the Louisiana Department of Homeland Security said you can't go."

Link but this story is breaking everywhere now
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/7/235423.shtml

Bonnie said:

She doesn't have a clue. She is heavly connected to my alma matter which I love but I voted for Bobby Jindal. Her husband is the vice president of the University of Louisiana. The looting and sniping surprised everyone but those that knew New Orleans. Like I said before the corruption in New Orleans is legendary. The local, state and federal government can share in the blame. I saw a story on MSBC of NOPD officiers looting and I never saw it again. I think the city got it taken off the air. For Pete's sake she went to Cuba to talk to Castro about trade. Louisiana produces Oil, Gas, Rice, and Soybeans. Cuba produces rice and beans. What the heck are we going to trade with them? Most governors in the south go to Asia to get car plants moved to their state. I believe Alabama has a Hundayi plant.
You can see this at this link. http://www.zippyvideos.com/8911023771013466/countdown-looting-in-walmart/

Bonnie said:

Well yes this is true but actually for different reasons, the place was not secure in the first two days what with blackhawks being shot at and the animals running loose so FEMA actually had the stuff ready to roll in but would not sacrifice security for relief and rightly so. In actuality it is a percentage of the citizens of N.O along with state and city officials who are responsible for he delay in relief.....but the Bush bash by the left will go on because its all they have on the political skyline, they have no ideas, no plans and no logical arguments for any issues, they know it so the pull play #1 from their ideological playbook, slander and blame whether it be truthful or not.

OCA said:
Well yes this is true but actually for different reasons, the place was not secure in the first two days what with blackhawks being shot at and the animals running loose so FEMA actually had the stuff ready to roll in but would not sacrifice security for relief and rightly so. In actuality it is a percentage of the citizens of N.O along with state and city officials who are responsible for he delay in relief.....but the Bush bash by the left will go on because its all they have on the political skyline, they have no ideas, no plans and no logical arguments for any issues, they know it so the pull play #1 from their ideological playbook, slander and blame whether it be truthful or not.

I wonder does Senator Pelosi do ANYTHING other than BITCH about the Bush administration. How does this woman keep getting elected???

Bonnie said:
I wonder does Senator Pelosi do ANYTHING other than BITCH about the Bush administration. How does this woman keep getting elected???

Her district is in San Francisco and you have to have lived there to understand why she gets elected.

The Governor and the Mayor together, through their deep rooted incompetence, are directly responsible for many, many deaths. They were clearly elected to positions well beyond their capabilities. I am surprised those two can remember to breathe, let alone keep a government moving along even in good times!

Forum List

Back