Blaming Tea Party for S&P downgrade is like blaming Betty Ford Clinic for alcoholism

BS. The debit ceiling crisis was manufactored and brought by the Teabaggers. They won. Now live with the concequences. Well, lie as much as you can and blame the President and maybe some people will believe you.

BS. The crisis was brought on by the reckless spending of both parties and Obamas innept attitude towards addressing it until the last minute.

When assigning blame to both parties, I would like to address this fact that liberals don't want you to know:

US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP

2001 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

US Federal Deficit as percent of GDP - Charts Tables History

As bad as Bush and the Republicans were on spending, they NEVER went above 4% of GDP.

See that figure as of 2010? That's old. As of this new budget, Obama JUST DOUBLED that figure again. So, Obama quadrupled the size of spending (as compared to Bush) in 2010, and this new budget lets him take that quadrupled number of 10.64 AND DOUBLE THAT AGAIN!

Drudge report had it on their front page, that because of this new budget, we have now borrowed 100% of GDP!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that speech Obama gave today about how the rich need to "pay more" to balance the budget.

HE KNOWS AS OF NOW, THAT IF THE GOVERNMENT WERE TO CONFISCATE EVERY DIME IN THIS COUNTRY IT COULD NOT PAY OFF THE DEBT. Nor could it run this government over a few weeks.

This is how deep in trouble we are. It should scare the hell out of everyone.

There is no way a sane person can pin this on Bush. His spending was bad, but IT IS NO WHERE NEAR CLOSE TO OBAMA.

Comparing Bush spending to Obama spending is like comparing shoplifting to murder. One is bad, but ONE IS FAR, FAR WORSE.

Yes, the Republicans are equally to blame, but only in their UNWILLINGNESS to stand up to this crisis and do what's right. They care more about what the liberal media will say of them, than they care about the future of this country. In that, everyone in Washington is to blame.

Mitch McConnell himself called the Tea Partiers hostage takers.

John Boehner himself said the GOP got 98% of what they wanted in the budget deal...

...well, people, we are now living out the consequences of what happens when Republicans get a 98% win.

BS. The debit ceiling crisis was manufactored and brought by the Teabaggers. They won. Now live with the concequences. Well, lie as much as you can and blame the President and maybe some people will believe you.

BS. The crisis was brought on by the reckless spending of both parties and Obamas innept attitude towards addressing it until the last minute.

When assigning blame to both parties, I would like to address this fact that liberals don't want you to know:

2001 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

As bad as Bush and the Republicans were on spending, they NEVER went above 4% of GDP.

See that figure as of 2010? That's old. As of this new budget, Obama JUST DOUBLED that figure again. So, Obama quadrupled the size of spending (as compared to Bush) in 2010, and this new budget lets him take that quadrupled number of 10.64 AND DOUBLE THAT AGAIN!

Drudge report had it on their front page, that because of this new budget, we have now borrowed 100% of GDP!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that speech Obama gave today about how the rich need to "pay more" to balance the budget.

HE KNOWS AS OF NOW, THAT IF THE GOVERNMENT WERE TO CONFISCATE EVERY DIME IN THIS COUNTRY IT COULD NOT PAY OFF THE DEBT. Nor could it run this government over a few weeks.

There is no way a sane person can pin this on Bush. His spending was bad, but IT IS NO WHERE NEAR CLOSE TO OBAMA.

Comparing Bush spending to Obama spending is like comparing shoplifting to murder. One is bad, but ONE IS FAR, FAR WORSE.

Yes, the Republicans are equally to blame, but only in their UNWILLINGNESS to stand up to this crisis and do what's right. They care more about what the liberal media will say of them, than they care about the future of this country. In that, everyone in Washington is to blame.

Those numbers went up because revenues went down.

There was no debt ceiling crisis until the Repupicans/Teafolks made it one. The downgrading was not because of the amount of debt but the brinkmanship playing in DC. Had raising the ceiling been done like it has the past hundred or so times it has been increased(no drama) there would have been no downgrade.

I think for the most part the American people understand this. We'll see in about 15 months.

You are so full of it.

As of this new budget, we just borrowed 100% of GDP! THAT'S WHY WE GOT DOWNGRADED!

It's an unsustainable debt!

You think I'm lying?

US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury
(
WASHINGTON — US gross debt shot up $238 billion to reach 100 percent of gross domestic product after the government's debt ceiling was lifted, Treasury figures showed.

On Tuesday, the Treasury had to add more than $200 billion of commitments immediately after President Barack Obama signed into law an increase in the debt ceiling.

AFP: US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

And BTW, you ARE A DAMN LIAR when you say that raising the debt ceiling has never been an issue before.

So what lie will you get from your Huffpo/ThinkProgress/MediaMatters masters now?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWOMsugKkfk]‪Obama Vote's Against Raising Debt Ceiling in 2006‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMh8BueGme8]‪Obama Voted Against Raising Debt Ceiling in 2006 - All Democrats Did - So why the change?‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BS. The debt ceiling crisis was manufactored and brought by the Teabaggers. They won. Now live with the concequences. Well, lie as much as you can and blame the President and maybe some people will believe you.

The debt limit deal was just that idiot, it was a deal to raise it... that’s it. It was not a deal that would solve our debt problem. You libs are a pathetic joke. "Cut, Cap and balance" would have been a deal to address our debt problem. The Ryan budget was a long-term deal to address our debt problem. The dems don't have a plan nor have they ever put forth a plan. It seems to me it is so simple to blame the tea party? Only small mined demagogues would do that, and even smaller minded people would actually believe such a thing:cuckoo:

2001 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

Did revenues go down during Bushes term? The % of debt to gdp did........

There was no debt ceiling crisis until the Repupicans/Teafolks made it one. The downgrading was not because of the amount of debt but the brinkmanship playing in DC. Had raising the ceiling been done like it has the past hundred or so times it has been increased(no drama) there would have been no downgrade.

I think for the most part the American people understand this. We'll see in about 15 months.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

We have never had this level of debt, You completely ignore what the S&P has said.

We are about to pay more in interest then we do in defense.

GET A CLUE!

Inept?

It's generally a bill that consists of one piece of paper.

The Tea Party chose to make this an issue about future spending.

Well, okay..if they are so concern about the debt..why no tax increases?

Cutting spending is just as bad as increasing taxes during a recovery.

And they don't seem to have a problem with cutting spending.

Cutting spending is just as bad as tax increases?????????

You know the sad part about this?

I bet this idiot thinks that statement is beyond question and doesn't have to be backed up by a shred of evidence.

I mean, OF COURSE, cutting spending is just as bad as raising taxes! Why even debate that!

Paid hacks we have in this place.

Hilarious!

Notice how weak their arguments all are?

They don't have anything to back this crap up, but marching orders from their masters. I actually feel sorry for them, that they have to go on the internet and hawk this BS. If they even have a modicrum of shame it has to be embarrassing for them.

Of course, it does require they have a modicrum of shame, or credibility, so there goes any pity I had for them. :eusa_whistle:

Please show me when, in history, we had a debt to GDP at 75% where it was the kind of issue that it is today.

Hello.???????????....debt to GDP of 75 fucking percent....

There was valid fucking reason to not simply "raise the fucking debt ceiling" you fucking obamabot.

Pardon my language. You guys are pathetic....and I let the frustration get to me.

My fault....but it felt good.

Well, it has been close to 150% of GDP...we were paying for a war. Know what else we did? That's right, we raised taxes.

We invaded two countries and lowered taxes. That's just stupid.

Now, if the GnOP had compromised like the president offered, with cuts and revenues, we would not have been downgraded, period.

That's a damn lie and I can prove that as well!

US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury

Wed, Aug 3, 2011

The last time US debt topped the size of its annual economy was in 1947 just after World War II. By 1981 it had fallen to 32.5 percent.

US borrowing tops 100% of GDP: Treasury - Yahoo! News

If you SOB lying libs are going to come in here and just try BS lie after lie, I'm going to keep kicking your no good asses WITH THE FACTS.

But keep on trying. It makes it more and more clear, just how bad of a president Obama is, and just how much we need to get rid of him.

Mitch McConnell himself called the Tea Partiers hostage takers.

John Boehner himself said the GOP got 98% of what they wanted in the budget deal...

...well, people, we are now living out the consequences of what happens when Republicans get a 98% win.

In OTHER WORDS, EXACTLY WHAT THE TEA PARTY SAID WOULD HAPPEN IF THIS BUDGET WAS PASSES HAS HAPPENED!

The Democrats screamed for compromise all during the Budget battle and when the new budget got us downgraded, Democrats screamed, "it's their fault!"

And yet, it's the Tea Party's fault for being right?

Hilarious!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2001 -1.25
2002 1.48
2003 3.39
2004 3.48
2005 2.52
2006 1.85
2007 1.14
2008 3.18
2009 9.91
2010 10.64

Show one modicrum of evidence to prove that.

Because the only way that would happen is, IF THERE ARE NO JOBS. High unemployment.

Oh gee, no jobs. I wonder who's fault that is!

I guess that's the Tea Party's fault as well!

Man you libs have damn little to really back up your BS this is the Tea Party's fault, do ya?

You must be really scared of the Tea Party now!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please show me when, in history, we had a debt to GDP at 75% where it was the kind of issue that it is today.

There was valid fucking reason to not simply "raise the fucking debt ceiling" you fucking obamabot.

Pardon my language. You guys are pathetic....and I let the frustration get to me.

America's debt-to-GDP ratio peaked at 109 percent at the end of
World War II

Awe Jarhead you fucking statist..... Read the S&P reasoning for the downgrade and get back to me.

It didn't feel that good.....

"Blaming Tea Party for S&P downgrade is like blaming Betty Ford Clinic for alcoholism" ...... or, as Bernie Goldberg stated: " ...... like blaming a person for calling 911 because of a fire !!!"

Inept?

If the dems were so concerned why didt they raise taxes when they had control??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Because they never really controlled Congress. Not only do they need a majority in the House but also 60 seat in the Senate for control. The Democrats never had 60 seats in the Senate. Furthermore ever heard of the Blue Dog Democrats and what they stand for?

America's debt-to-GDP ratio peaked at 109 percent at the end of
World War II

Awe Jarhead you fucking statist..... Read the S&P reasoning for the downgrade and get back to me.

It didn't feel that good.....

I already established that the last time we borrowed 100% of GDP was 1947 which was post WWII.

Obama has NOTHING like that going on, except his own bad policies.

Bush never borrowed OR SPENT that much. No way Obama can factually blame this on Bush.

But I don't expect that to keep you libs from trying.

:cuckoo:

Inept?

Because thats the root of the problem,SPENDING!!!

This not hard.Its a spending problem not a revenue problem.
will it be an easy pain free repair?? nope its going to be painful,for many,its unavoidable.
but blaming it on the group that the very least to do will bring us to where we are is well just stupid.

S&P Downgraded the US mostly because of the political theatrics, not the debt or deficit. S&P spelled out why they did what they did and it wasn't because of spending.

I hope all the tea-wonkers get voted out in 2012.

Inept?

If the dems were so concerned why didt they raise taxes when they had control??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Because they never really controlled Congress. Not only do they need a majority in the House but also 60 seat in the Senate for control. The Democrats never had 60 seats in the Senate. Furthermore ever heard of the Blue Dog Democrats and what they stand for?

That's BS! They never did it because they knew that the slaughter they experienced in 2010 elections would have been far worse.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Inept?

Because thats the root of the problem,SPENDING!!!

This not hard.Its a spending problem not a revenue problem.
will it be an easy pain free repair?? nope its going to be painful,for many,its unavoidable.
but blaming it on the group that the very least to do will bring us to where we are is well just stupid.

S&P Downgraded the US mostly because of the political theatrics, not the debt or deficit. S&P spelled out why they did what they did and it wasn't because of spending.

I hope all the tea-wonkers get voted out in 2012.

That is TOTAL BS. Like political theater is SOMETHING NEW?????????????

I already posted the youtubes of the same politcal theater BY THE DEMOCRATS in 2005/6 when THEY didn't want to raise the debt ceiling.

You can keep repeating your liberal talking points and marching orders but that doesn't make them true.

They downgraded us, because of the inability TO MANAGE OUR EXPENSES, which means CUTTING SPENDING.

Keep lying, I'll keep proving they are lies.

Inept?

58 democrats and 2 liberal independents....for all intents and purpose you had 60 in the senate.

If you could shove obamacare down everone's throat, raising taxes would have been a day at Disneyland.
The Tea Party isn't to blame, it's all the politicians over the last decade who is to blame. They just couldn't stop using the credit card that had no credit limit. So stop your damn finger pointing.

Forum List

Back