Blaming Politicians For the Price of Gas?

Amazing. What other essential commodity is priced for daily consumption based on the future trading value of a barrell of oil?

And you got to love those ignorant people who just think that if only we drilled all of our own oil, prices would somehow magically drop. Give me a fucking break. So you all think that the oil companies would just, out of the goodness of their hearts, sell that oil to us Americans and give us a big ole price break.
Stupid is what that belief is.

And if the oil companies claim supply and demand is the situation driving retail prices higher, how is it that, soon, oil companies will be posting record profits. Again. For like the past 6 years, record after record.

If your cost to acquire and produce a product is rising (as they say) then you wouldn't be able to post record profits all the time.

We are being screwed by the oil companies. Because they can. And because the repubs in Congress have their backs. But Obama has little to do with it.

BTW, Bush did have a lot of influence on gas prices during his term. Invading Iraq deifinitely drove the market speculation much higher. And drove record profits. Which were the objective anyway. Plan worked well. For them.

You aren't very smart, are you?

While I will be one of the first to say that politicians are bottom feeders a simple fact needs to be said:

In 1962 if you made $1.00 an hour and gas was .25 a gallon it took one hour of work to buy 4 gallons of gas.
In 2012 if you make $16.00 an hour and gas was $4.00 a gallon it would take one one hour to buy 4 gallons of gas.

In 1962 most cars got 8-12 MPG
In 2012 most cars get 20-35 MPG

Just saying............................

It's simple. Speculators detemine the Market Tolerance Price level. Execs and Marketing spin it and test it to see if it will fly. Bush had nothing to do with high gas prices. Neither does Obama. They're not O&G Execs.
But the public will believe what it wants.

Yup. Speculators drive gas prices.

Of course Barry and his green agenda isn't helping things either.

Oh I agree. Obama is doing a terrible job when it comes to oil. But let's look at common sense.
Would Big Oil use any excuse to maximize it's profits? Duh.
Did they do exactly that in '08? Yup.
Have they done this repeatedly to desensitize their consumer base to higher proces, thus increasing profits? Of course.

But it's all Obama's fault! Or Bush's!

Partisan conditioning...

Amazing. What other essential commodity is priced for daily consumption based on the future trading value of a barrell of oil?

And you got to love those ignorant people who just think that if only we drilled all of our own oil, prices would somehow magically drop. Give me a fucking break. So you all think that the oil companies would just, out of the goodness of their hearts, sell that oil to us Americans and give us a big ole price break.
Stupid is what that belief is.

And if the oil companies claim supply and demand is the situation driving retail prices higher, how is it that, soon, oil companies will be posting record profits. Again. For like the past 6 years, record after record.

If your cost to acquire and produce a product is rising (as they say) then you wouldn't be able to post record profits all the time.

We are being screwed by the oil companies. Because they can. And because the repubs in Congress have their backs. But Obama has little to do with it.

BTW, Bush did have a lot of influence on gas prices during his term. Invading Iraq deifinitely drove the market speculation much higher. And drove record profits. Which were the objective anyway. Plan worked well. For them.
I didn't think there was anyone still bitterly clinging to "war for oil!!" horseshit. :lol:

While I will be one of the first to say that politicians are bottom feeders a simple fact needs to be said:

In 1962 if you made $1.00 an hour and gas was .25 a gallon it took one hour of work to buy 4 gallons of gas.
In 2012 if you make $16.00 an hour and gas was $4.00 a gallon it would take one one hour to buy 4 gallons of gas.

And how did you feel in 2008 when the Dems were beating up the Republicans for supposed high gas prices?
Same thing. As a rule Presidents don't have much control over the price of gas unless they add some huge tax to it.

Or invade a couple of middle eastern countries.

Is there a reason I shouldn't blame a politician who stated that he wanted gas prices to go up for gas prices going up? Especially if said politician actually tries to take credit for prices when they go down?

In 2012, if gas costs $4.00/gallon, Obama loses.

Just saying.

And how did you feel in 2008 when the Dems were beating up the Republicans for supposed high gas prices?
Same thing. As a rule Presidents don't have much control over the price of gas unless they add some huge tax to it.

If that were true....
Why did the price of oil drop when Bush lifted the ban on offshore drilling, and why did oil prices go up when obama reinstated the ban? OH and the price of gas has a lot to do with the economy.

I lay the gasoline high prices at the feet of Democrat policies...

True.foxnews now reporting obama fighting anything and everything to halt domestic oil production to help lower the gas prices, so i am partly wrong. OPEC is setting the oil price,and obamas doing NOTHING HERE TO REMEDY THE PROBLEM with a domestic solution.

Ya know, I was about to congratulate you for having actually LEARNED something but then you go and say something as STOOPID as this ...

What did FAUX Noise tell you Teabaggers to think....

:eusa_eh:

it was absurd. the government can not control gas prices.

Agreed,we need to fuck globalization,get out of OPEC,drill and refine our own oil.
You might want to remind those lazy-ass Floridians of that!

"The House analysis says 16 oil fields were discovered in Florida before 1981, with seven of them plugged and abandoned. Nine of those abandoned wells are in Northwest Florida, most in the North Escambia area."

:eusa_whistle:

Yes, indeed they do.

1) The US is at war with every oil producing country

2) The US will not allow domestic oil drilling

In 1962 the minimum wage was $1.15, a little under 5 gallons of gas
In 2012 the minimum wage is $7.25, significantly under 2 gallons of gas

Just saying..........................

Funny you should mention that. Why is it that the private sector is screwing over the vast majority of the people of this country in the form of low wages and decreased benefits in the name of huge profits, ridiculous management salaries and golden parachutes?

Traitorous behavior, if you ask me. If Salaries were commensurate today with the value of a dollar in 1962, no one would really give a shit about the price of gas.

Yes, indeed they do.

1) The US is at war with every oil producing country

2) The US will not allow domestic oil drilling

#1 is a lie. - we are not at war with Saudia Arabia or the UAE
#2 is a lie. - domestic oil drilling is at its highest level in history.

Wall Street speculation is driving prices.
And CONZ wrote a spending bill CUTTING the budget for the very people who are supposed to watch for and PROSECUTE that stuff, by 30%.

If you were a crook and your particular brand of cop that would go after you just got his budget cut by 1/3rd...would it make you be MORE or LESS cautious about being apprehended?

I do blame politicians when they have been absolutely horrible at promoting energy production at home.

Quick question........why is it that because there is a chance of gas hitting 4.00/gal, that everyone is blaming Obama?

How come they never blamed Jr. back in 2008 when the same thing happened?

The only reason that gas is so high now compared to when Obama took office, is that gas prices started to drop in Jan 2009.

Forum List

Back