Blackwater Security

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Well, here is my two cents.

Maybe the staff went a bit off target a few times. So be it. Their reported track record tells me that they have the ability to get the difficult, and most dangerous, jobs done with success.

An NPR clip that aired a US troop telling his Iraqi citizens to get off their asses and help ID the REAL bad guys didn't go unoticed. He said exactly what I have been saying. The war has to be delt with by the Iraqis. If they don't want to take the chances to help us help them get a grip on their own country, then they will have to pay a dire price at some future time. Their choice. Freedom is never free.. And, our involvment with a reluctant populus can't go on, forever, with the restrictions we have placed on our own forces.

Blackwater Security has a bit more room to deal with firefights then our US Armed forces. And as well they should, sort of.. Politics should not take priority, or outrank, the saving of lives. War is war. It is about WINNING and death.. The object is limit the deaths of OUR forces, and to greatly expand the losses to our foes. Hard to accomplish these tasks when politics, and foriegners are given some control over our troops.

If I were in trouble, I would pray that Blackwater was around to help me out, anyway they needed to. :bowdown:

Well, here is my two cents.

Maybe the staff went a bit off target a few times. So be it. Their reported track record tells me that they have the ability to get the difficult, and most dangerous, jobs done with success.

An NPR clip that aired a US troop telling his Iraqi citizens to get off their asses and help ID the REAL bad guys didn't go unoticed. He said exactly what I have been saying. The war has to be delt with by the Iraqis. If they don't want to take the chances to help us help them get a grip on their own country, then they will have to pay a dire price at some future time. Their choice. Freedom is never free.. And, our involvment with a reluctant populus can't go on, forever, with the restrictions we have placed on our own forces.

Blackwater Security has a bit more room to deal with firefights then our US Armed forces. And as well they should, sort of.. Politics should not take priority, or outrank, the saving of lives. War is war. It is about WINNING and death.. The object is limit the deaths of OUR forces, and to greatly expand the losses to our foes. Hard to accomplish these tasks when politics, and foriegners are given some control over our troops.

If I were in trouble, I would pray that Blackwater was around to help me out, anyway they needed to. :bowdown:

you mean the freedom the Iraqi's choose at the end of a gun barrel

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Blackwater_USA_linked_to_Bush_administration_1002.html

The private security firm Blackwater USA, which has faced mounting criticism following an incident earlier this month in which armed guards from the group purportedly killed 11 unarmed Iraqi civilians, has numerous links to the White House as well as many current and former Republicans.

The connections include the firm's chief operating officer Joseph Schmitz, who was tapped by President Bush in 2002 to "oversee and police the Pentagon's military contracts as the Defense Department's Inspector General."

The relevation was first reported by Ben Van Heuvelen in Salon.

Serving until 2005, Schmitz went on to preside over "the largest increase of military-contracting spending in history" and joined Blackwater just a month after his departure from the Pentagon, according to Van Heuvelen.

"The resignation comes after Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) sent Schmitz several letters this summer informing him that he was the focus of a congressional inquiry into whether he had blocked two criminal investigations last year," according to a 2005 article in the LA Times.

Then-Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Grassley "accused Schmitz of fabricating an official Pentagon news release, planning an expensive junket to Germany and hiding information from Congress. Schmitz is the senior Pentagon official charged with investigating waste, fraud and abuse."

Sorry people, but Blackwater's hands are covered in blood. It's full of Bush cronies, and previously DoD-connected people, including their new COO.

Why do you guys CONTINUE to make excuses for what continues to be more obvious conflicts of interest and potential crimes by this administration?

Forum List

Back