Blackwater case dismissed

Pity. According to Bootneck, who has experience of Blackwater operatives, they are nothing more than gung ho scum not fit for purpose. Much the same as the judge involved in the case I would think.

Really? Obviously yoou don't know anything about this then. A very good friend I was in J.R.O.T.C. with entered the Navy right not of High School and a few years later compleated SEAL training. He is about as straight as they come. He then went to work for Blackwater in Iraq, reason being he has a wife and three kids and they offered better compensation to support his family. If he wanted gungho he would have stayed as a SEAL.

I know plenty old boy. There are of course exceptions in all walks of life. One good apple doesn't mean the rest of the bunch aren't rotten.

WASHINGTON - A federal judge has dismissed all charges against five Blackwater Worldwide security guards charged in a deadly Baghdad shooting.

U.S. District Judge Ricardo Urbina said Thursday the Justice Department overstepped its bounds and wrongly used evidence it was not allowed to see. He said the government’s explanations have been contradictory, unbelievable and not credible.

Judge dismisses all charges in Blackwater shooting - BostonHerald.com
The five Blackwater employees should be sent back to Iraq to be dealt with by the Iraqui justice system. That is what Iraq is asking for and rightfully so. That they be tried by the country within whose territory they commited the crime and whose laws they broke. Same as if some Iraqis committed a similar crime in the US.

WASHINGTON - A federal judge has dismissed all charges against five Blackwater Worldwide security guards charged in a deadly Baghdad shooting.

U.S. District Judge Ricardo Urbina said Thursday the Justice Department overstepped its bounds and wrongly used evidence it was not allowed to see. He said the government’s explanations have been contradictory, unbelievable and not credible.

The five Blackwater employees should be sent back to Iraq to be dealt with by the Iraqui justice system. That is what Iraq is asking for and rightfully so. That they be tried by the country within whose territory they commited the crime and whose laws they broke. Same as if some Iraqis committed a similar crime in the US.

Won't happen, they were operating under a treaty that EXCLUDED them from being tried by Iraq. Legally Iraq has no right to do a thing. Just as the Government had no legal right to try and use protected statements against these men.

Won't happen, they were operating under a treaty that EXCLUDED them from being tried by Iraq. Legally Iraq has no right to do a thing. Just as the Government had no legal right to try and use protected statements against these men.

Sure it can happen. Remember when those silly goon spin offs from Vance International shot up part of Africa back in the mid-90s and what the locals did to them? It was "screw the law, and let's screw the mercenaries." Let's not kid ourselves what Blackwater is: a rogue outfit working under cover of Halliburton protection. If Iraq can kidnap those fellows, they will only come home in a body bag.

Of course not, it was the terms of occupation. It would be like trying the soldiers who massacred people in Lidice in a Czech court.

Glad to see you like justice to prevail...

....then again the victims were just sand *******/camel jockeys...

He said the government’s explanations have been contradictory, unbelievable and not credible.
I guess you missed this part. Or is it that "justice" here didn't fit your personal predetermined guilty verdict. Uuuummm..............

No, I missed the part in the article where he gave examples of said "contradictory, unbelievable and not credible" explanations from the govt....

oh! Now i get it. Thank you.

i still think it's overkill to the point of stupidity but... For those who don't mind looking like brain dead morons, carry on.

I have - so far - resisted the temptation to go red but.............one never knows! ;)

Okay let me rip.

Go Gunners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on you Blues!!!!!

Chelsea, Chelsea - Chelsea, Chelsea. It's gonna be a bluuuue day!

Not Chelsea??? Anybody but Chelsea....UUUGGGHHHHH!!!

He said the government’s explanations have been contradictory, unbelievable and not credible.
I guess you missed this part. Or is it that "justice" here didn't fit your personal predetermined guilty verdict. Uuuummm..............

No, I missed the part in the article where he gave examples of said "contradictory, unbelievable and not credible" explanations from the govt....

WASHINGTON — The sudden blow to the case against the former Blackwater security guards over a shooting that killed 17 Iraqis and wounded at least 20 may have come as a surprise to the public in Iraq and the United States, but the legal problem that the judge cited Thursday when he threw out the indictments was obvious to American government lawyers within days of the shooting.

The issue was that the guards, as government contractors, were obligated to give an immediate report of what they had done, but the Constitution prevents the government from requiring a defendant to testify against himself, so those statements could not be used in a prosecution.

U.S. Lawyers Knew About Legal Pitfalls in Blackwater Case - NYTimes.com

Memorandum of Dismissal of Charges Against Blackwater Guards - The New York Times

oh, that pesky constitution. seems to me the govt fucked up from jump street and the wise old latino judge did the right thing in the fullness of his experience.

of course, if you don't believe in 5th amendment rights, you may feel differently.

oh, that pesky constitution. seems to me the govt fucked up from jump street and the wise old latino judge did the right thing in the fullness of his experience.

of course, if you don't believe in 5th amendment rights, you may feel differently.

Well, I don't have to deal the with the 5th where I'm from. In saying that I've never understood the purpose of it myself - think it is unnecessary...

Well, I don't have to deal the with the 5th where I'm from. In saying that I've never understood the purpose of it myself - think it is unnecessary...

do you actually know what the 5th amendment says?

Oh? How about the part where the Government tried to use information obtained after granting immunity?

do you actually know what the 5th amendment says?

Obviously not, claiming he finds no need for a protection from self incrimination is pretty telling. But don't forget he is one of those idiots that is not a free man but a subject beholding to what ever Government happens to be in place.

The government weren't allowed to use the statements the guards made? WTF? Talk about looking out for your own and lack of transparency..

Blackwater murderous bastards...

If the guards answered questions under immunity, but then the gubmint tried to use those statements against the guards, what the devil do you imagine the judge was supposed to do? Just wave his gavel and say, "Ah screw it. No problem. Go right ahead and violate their rights and your own legal commitments."

If that is what happened, then the Judge did the right thing.

Last edited:
As an agnostic I doubt justice will be done. But, if there is a just God, and therefore a devil, those who murder innocents overtly or covertly will burn in hell.

Now shut the fuck up.

what an elegant turn of phrase.

No matter how large you write the words, these animals should have been tried.

you're all for using evidence obtained by torture... but what evidence did you object to here? there's no 5th amendment as pertains to one's employer... there is only a 5th amendment privilege with regard to government.

and why you'd have an interest in seeing criminals not be tried is beyond me....

Last edited:
I'm more curious about how this will be told in the future when the talking heads on the tube discuss it? Or for that matter, on political forums like this one.

Obviously, this will not be covered by the SR-Media so a great deal of Americans are going to continue to believe that these people were convicted of wrong doing.

you're worried about the reputation of THESE people?

How nice...
If that is directed at Me, I don't see how you came to that conclusion. I am not defending anyone. A ruling was made. I'm just wondering if the American people will be informed of this by our crack media industry.

Kind of like a newspaper accusing someone of child molestation in 40 point type, above the fold on the front page. But then printing a two line retraction on page 36 of the entertainment guide when it is proven that they were not child molesters.

you're worried about the reputation of THESE people?

How nice...
If that is directed at Me, I don't see how you came to that conclusion. I am not defending anyone. A ruling was made. I'm just wondering if the American people will be informed of this by our crack media industry.

Kind of like a newspaper accusing someone of child molestation in 40 point type, above the fold on the front page. But then printing a two line retraction on page 36 of the entertainment guide when it is proven that they were not child molesters.

It was directed at you. And apparently people DO know since the person who posted the O/P and the rest of us here don't exactly have access to confidential information in that regard.

And I'm pretty sure the Boston Herald is part of the "MSM"

Forum List

Back