Blacks Celebrating......what?

What point are you trying to make?

The point is there's more thing to be concerned with than a sports team losing or wnning. Thee's more things to b ccerned wth than a millionaire leaving one team to play with another eam. Get my drift King James of heat?

Oh my. :confused: You just reminded me I need a drink.

Go right ahead the mess created will still be here when you get off your drunken stupor.

What is Charlie Rangel supposed to do about a single school district? They operate from state budgets, and local school boards construct the curriculum.

Congressional reps. are powerless to help shape their constituents educational means?

You are aware I am sure(?) that the feds kick in huge amounts of money to states for education? Obama earmarked 10 Billion of stimulus funds for schools, for teachers , rehires employment etc etc.......NYC got their share so did LA Chicago etc...

Stimulus money for education (and anything else except certain tax cuts) went to the governors to dole out as they saw fit. Title X funding for education has specific formulas combined with the requirements of NCLB. Can they "shape" the system? Sure, but they really have no control over how much is ultimately provided for individual schools in their districts.

fed funding k-12 education was $72.8 billion in 2008...so your contention is, that a congressman has absolutely no say or control what so ever of the funds or funneling of such that her/his particular district can utilize or glomb on to?

Because I am flummoxed then, becasue, if anyone attempts to cut one dollar to the dept. of education and its prgms that disperse said funds, the house goes bonkers and they will go full on berserk if you mention charter school initiatives at federal expense........... so I am left to ask, why do you suppose that is?

The opening salvo was racist.

in what way? ( ignore my post above please, thx)

Please don't play dumb. It's unbecoming to someone I know isn't.

Trajan said:
Mavericks fans celebrating the Lakers getting blown out of the playoffs? Obama's gonna pay their mortgage? Grandma’s ham-hocks and collard greens for dinner?

Ah I see, I find that curious, please direct me to the to threads or posts where in you took harry reid, joe biden et al to task for comments that they employed that speaks to stereotypes OR the NBC cafeteria manager who posted a black history month menu offering same?

Further- I would have thought you would have applauded my taking a stereotype to task, how many threads have we seen here ala a black woman cut off from unemployment or free payment of her Elec. Bill with a pic. of her talking on a smart phone with a plasma TV behind her? Or a line of folks in an urban environment lined up for ‘obama ‘ money, or black folks lining up for some free something or other due to indigence all in expensive sneakers armed with smart phones etc….you do remember those, I am sure you commented in those threads….no?

Last edited:
crazy

The crown jewel of liberalism is pricing the poor out of thier neighborhoods.

Well, in Allentown, they started having issues with NYC gangs moving in a few years ago. I assumed it was for the easy pickens [there was only one local gang], turns out it may also be b/c many had to move.

That's a shame, Harlem has tons upon tons of history. Change sure can suck some times.

The same thing happened in California too, my girlfriend is from Santa Barbara and had to leave when the cost of living basically tripled back in the 90's. Only the movers and shakers can afford to live in Cali and New York now. Some cities raise the cost of living on purpose to run out gangs and other undesirables they don't like but they just end up moving their gang somewhere else, which is the case in Allentown.

So essentially, the "haves" are creating more ghetto areas because the poor and eventually middle class will need to move somewhere they can afford.

The problem we have in Vermont are the wealthy moving to the state who are looking for second homes or places to retire where the air is clean and the views pristine off the beaten track. Unfortunately over time what happens is that they begin to demand all the better infrastructure they got used to in the city, such as sewer systems instead of wells and septic tanks, paved roads (and those roads had better be plowed pronto in winter), fancier school criteria (both the structure and the curriculum), cultural centers, etc., etc., so that taxes have to be raised to accommodate them, thereby driving out the residents who have lived there all their lives that can no longer afford to pay the higher taxes.

Yup you pretty much nailed it, most people in Santa Barbara now are either rich families who been there the whole time or transplants who moved to the area who already had money, alot of the long time residents had to leave in the 90s because they couldn't afford to live there anymore.

I think the point was that when you saw the pic, you probably thought something racist....but in fact, it was that the child was going to a magnet school...which defies the original racist thought.

the problem is...it's kind of racist to assume that a) blacks dont usually care about schools or b) whites assume all that racist shit to begin with.

thread fail.

Allow me to pat myself on the back...again.

Above is my post...that gets to the meat of the OP...which yet again goes unnoticed for some bullshit argument about Harlem and other such drivel.

You people really dont want to ever get anywhere with these threads, do you? :cuckoo:

ED-AN546_klein_G_20110509154718.jpg

OMG, is that a zombie in a pink blouse???

Oh, I guess you Believe that ALL Black People are Zombies...

Nice, Fucking Bigot!...

:)

peace...

The "ham hocks" and "collard greens" was racist.

The Zombie in a pick blouse was funny. I don't think of African Americans when I think of Zombies.

nazi-zombies.jpg

zombies0873496845.jpg

plaza.jpg

The point is there's more thing to be concerned with than a sports team losing or wnning. Thee's more things to b ccerned wth than a millionaire leaving one team to play with another eam. Get my drift King James of heat?

Go right ahead the mess created will still be here when you get off your drunken stupor.

I said that only because your post completely missed the point of the OP, so I presumed you were smoking and/or drinking something and it was you who was in a stupor. Recognizing satire is also apparently not your forte.

Congressional reps. are powerless to help shape their constituents educational means?

You are aware I am sure(?) that the feds kick in huge amounts of money to states for education? Obama earmarked 10 Billion of stimulus funds for schools, for teachers , rehires employment etc etc.......NYC got their share so did LA Chicago etc...

Stimulus money for education (and anything else except certain tax cuts) went to the governors to dole out as they saw fit. Title X funding for education has specific formulas combined with the requirements of NCLB. Can they "shape" the system? Sure, but they really have no control over how much is ultimately provided for individual schools in their districts.

fed funding k-12 education was $72.8 billion in 2008...so your contention is, that a congressman has absolutely no say or control what so ever of the funds or funneling of such that her/his particular district can utilize or glomb on to?

Because I am flummoxed then, becasue, if anyone attempts to cut one dollar to the dept. of education and its prgms that disperse said funds, the house goes bonkers and they will go full on berserk if you mention charter school initiatives at federal expense........... so I am left to ask, why do you suppose that is?

Formula grants are made to the 50 states, DC and Puerto Rico based on each state's share. The states then distribute funding to districts based on their number of low-income students. A lawmaker can lobby for more funding specifically for his/her district, but there's no guarantee it will happen, which was my point.

"Full berserk" on charter school grants? Since when?

Federal Grants for Charter Schools | eHow.com

Obviously charter schools won't receive the lion's share of public funds for a variety of reasons, but they certainly can apply.

in what way? ( ignore my post above please, thx)

Trajan said:
Mavericks fans celebrating the Lakers getting blown out of the playoffs? Obama's gonna pay their mortgage? Grandma’s ham-hocks and collard greens for dinner?

Ah I see, I find that curious, please direct me to the to threads or posts where in you took harry reid, joe biden et al to task for comments that they employed that speaks to stereotypes OR the NBC cafeteria manager who posted a black history month menu offering same?
Well excuse me all to hell, but I can't be here 24/7 and post on every fucking thing that goes on in Washington and makes the news. I'm totally clueless about some NBC cafeteria posting a black history month menu, but I wonder why you would think that's offensive in the first place? Did it replace the normal menu or was it in addition? The comment by Biden loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ago is by now moot, genius, as is Harry Reid's. Try again. You still fail, miserably.

Further- I would have thought you would have applauded my taking a stereotype to task, how many threads have we seen here ala a black woman cut off from unemployment or free payment of her Elec. Bill with a pic. of her talking on a smart phone with a plasma TV behind her? Or a line of folks in an urban environment lined up for ‘obama ‘ money, or black folks lining up for some free something or other due to indigence all in expensive sneakers armed with smart phones etc….you do remember those, I am sure you commented in those threads….no?

If you had simply indicated it was satire, or qualified your OP with a comment that people shouldn't stereotype, I would have laughed right along with you. However, your comments since posting the original clearly indicate you're a racist, because just as you indicate in your second paragraph, a black person has no business owning a plasma tv, they all "line up" (which is bullshit on its face) for government freebies, when you don't have a clue what the circumstances are for each of those people who are "lining up." In your racist mind, poor black people should be happy to live with only what's left over to survive; Heaven Forbid they should have any "luxury" like a new television set or a cell phone, which most white folk don't even consider a "luxury" anymore, but a necessity.

Your entire response above was racist and stereotyping!!!

Last edited:

I said that only because your post completely missed the point of the OP, so I presumed you were smoking and/or drinking something and it was you who was in a stupor. Recognizing satire is also apparently not your forte.

So you can make to call to the point of the op? Do tell.

Formula grants are made to the 50 states, DC and Puerto Rico based on each state's share. The states then distribute funding to districts based on their number of low-income students. A lawmaker can lobby for more funding specifically for his/her district, but there's no guarantee it will happen, which was my point.

Obviously charter schools won't receive the lion's share of public funds for a variety of reasons, but they certainly can apply.

did I misunderstand the death of the DC voucher prgm at the dems hands, with prejudice I might add? Why has Duncan backed off and tamed Race to the Top MM?

and I never said they couldn't apply....

so they can petition for [more] funds?

Last edited:

Well excuse me all to hell, but I can't be here 24/7 and post on every fucking thing that goes on in Washington and makes the news. I'm totally clueless about some NBC cafeteria posting a black history month menu, but I wonder why you would think that's offensive in the first place? Did it replace the normal menu or was it in addition? The comment by Biden loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ago is by now moot, genius, as is Harry Reid's. Try again. You still fail, miserably.

If you had simply indicated it was satire, or qualified your OP with a comment that people shouldn't stereotype, I would have laughed right along with you. However, your comments since posting the original clearly indicate you're a racist, because just as you indicate in your second paragraph, a black person has no business owning a plasma tv, they all "line up" (which is bullshit on its face) for government freebies, when you don't have a clue what the circumstances are for each of those people who are "lining up." In your racist mind, poor black people should be happy to live with only what's left over to survive; Heaven Forbid they should have any "luxury" like a new television set or a cell phone, which most white folk don't even consider a "luxury" anymore, but a necessity.

you're babbling Maggie. :eusa_hand:

my op-

Stereotypes Die Hard

in conjunction with my explanation is not enough of an indicator for you?

I was referencing OTHER threads having been made here that I clearly remember you posting in, ala an unnamed poster's thread on some black woman who lost her grants for getting her elect/heating bill paid etc......

They were examples of posts and other threads that have been made here, you did not comprehend my post correctly at all and I have a sneaking suspicion it was on purpose, you cannot be that dense.....but then again you blew your stack over a minor point so....*shrugs*

Oh and as far as Bidens comment and Reid, and, I wasn't aware that there was a half life on racial stereotyping,........so, how long till you 'forgive' me ? :rolleyes:

You are incapable of conducting a civil conversation when challenged on your apparent hypocrisy or when you struggle with facts. Sad actually.

So you can make to call to the point of the op? Do tell.

Psst--here's a hint. It really wasn't about a basketball game.

did I misunderstand the death of the DC voucher prgm at the dems hands, with prejudice I might add? Why has Duncan backed off and tamed Race to the Top MM?

The existing funding remained for the DC voucher program in 2009. It was not funded for new applications thereafter as a result of reports indicating there was very little, if any, difference in the academic achievements. Therefore, the decision was made not to redirect funds normally going to public schools into charter schools.

http://www.au.org/homepage/features/archive/2011/02-vouchers/summary-of-2010-department-of.pdf
The use of a voucher had no statistically significant impact on overall student achievement in math or reading.

ƒIn all four years of the study, the use of a voucher resulted in no statistically significant improvement in reading or math for “students who applied from schools in need of improvement (SINI), the group Congress designated as the highest priority for the Program.”

ƒ The use of a voucher had “no impacts on math achievement for any of the six subgroups examined.”

In all four years of the study, students who used the voucher and who either entered the program from a SINI school or, who entered the program in the lower one-third of the applicant test-score performance distribution showed no improvement in reading.

ƒUltimately, three subgroups of students (females, students entering the Program from non-SINI schools, and students entering the program with test scores in the higher two-thirds of the applicant test-score performance distribution) who used the voucher may have shown improvement in reading. But, “those findings may be due to chance,” are
possibly “false discoveries,” and “should be interpreted with caution.”

However, the DC charter school funding was recently reinstated, but not yet passed by the Senate.

my op-

Stereotypes Die Hard

I was referencing OTHER threads having been made here that I clearly remember you posting in, ala an unnamed poster's thread on some black woman who lost her grants for getting her elect/heating bill paid etc......

They were examples of posts and other threads that have been made here, you did not comprehend my post correctly at all and I have a sneaking suspicion it was on purpose, you cannot be that dense.....but then again you blew your stack over a minor point so....*shrugs*

Oh and as far as Bidens comment and Reid, and, I wasn't aware that there was a half life on racial stereotyping,........so, how long till you 'forgive' me ? :rolleyes:

You are incapable of conducting a civil conversation when challenged on your apparent hypocrisy or when you struggle with facts. Sad actually.

What hypocrisy and which facts? I just find it intriguing that you've spent a lot of effort proving that "stereotypes die hard,"i.e., "...standing in line waiting for Obama goodies..."

The existing funding remained for the DC voucher program in 2009. It was not funded for new applications thereafter as a result of reports indicating there was very little, if any, difference in the academic achievements. Therefore, the decision was made not to redirect funds normally going to public schools into charter schools.

http://www.au.org/homepage/features/archive/2011/02-vouchers/summary-of-2010-department-of.pdf
The use of a voucher had no statistically significant impact on overall student achievement in math or reading.

ƒIn all four years of the study, the use of a voucher resulted in no statistically significant improvement in reading or math for “students who applied from schools in need of improvement (SINI), the group Congress designated as the highest priority for the Program.”

ƒ The use of a voucher had “no impacts on math achievement for any of the six subgroups examined.”

In all four years of the study, students who used the voucher and who either entered the program from a SINI school or, who entered the program in the lower one-third of the applicant test-score performance distribution showed no improvement in reading.

ƒUltimately, three subgroups of students (females, students entering the Program from non-SINI schools, and students entering the program with test scores in the higher two-thirds of the applicant test-score performance distribution) who used the voucher may have shown improvement in reading. But, “those findings may be due to chance,” are

However, the DC charter school funding was recently reinstated, but not yet passed by the Senate.

Ah so we are down to arguing in mitigation now, add that to having to admit without saying it that I was correct ala congresscrtitter having influence re; funding etc, thats better than nothing I guess.

I know it was restored , by the Rep. house as part of one of the ongoing budget resolutions or was it the big 38B deal that wasn't(?)....... in either case, I expect then that IF your point is correct as to the study you added you are all for the senate pulling it ?

my op-

Stereotypes Die Hard

What hypocrisy and which facts? I just find it intriguing that you've spent a lot of effort proving that "stereotypes die hard,"i.e., "...standing in line waiting for Obama goodies..."

your hypocrisy is exemplified by taking me to task while giving others a convenient pass due to political affiliation , even after I explained why I posted what I did, twice, you still seem to laboring under a comprehension duress.

Ah so we are down to arguing in mitigation now, add that to having to admit without saying it that I was correct ala congresscrtitter having influence re; funding etc, thats better than nothing I guess.

I know it was restored , by the Rep. house as part of one of the ongoing budget resolutions or was it the big 38B deal that wasn't(?)....... in either case, I expect then that IF your point is correct as to the study you added you are all for the senate pulling it ?

No. I think charter schools SHOULD be funded. But you just assumed I didn't simply because I pointed out the facts in not renewing the DC charter money. I'm all for anything that's going to give a big bump to our dismal failure in educating children in the simple basics and giving them the tools and the discipline they need.

Forum List

Back