Blackrock and the Vanguard Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frigidweirdo, Aug 20, 2018.

1. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,296
    So, I was looking for information about the Iraq war. I looked up oil companies.

It seems that Exxon is the company making the most profit in Iraq right now out of all the foreign oil companies.

I looked for the owners of Exxon, I found that Vanguard and Blackrock are numbers one and two.

Who owns Exxon Mobil Corporation? Top holders of XOM according 13F SEC filings - stockzoa

Not sure how much to trust this website.

I then looked at who owned Vanguard and Blackrock.

Seems Vanguard and Blackrock are the biggest owners of these two companies.

It would seem to be a way for rich people to hide what they own.

So who owns Vanguard and Blackrock? I mean in terms of individuals. Who benefits from their profits in Iraq?

Halliburton is also owned by these two (as largest shareholders).

Lockheed Martin made a killing in Iraq.

Vanguard and Blackrock are two of the top four investors. State Street and Capital World Ventures are there too.

Boeing also made a killing in Iraq. Vanguard and Blackrock being 1 and 2.

General Dynamics made a killing in Iraq. 4th and 5th are Vanguard and Blackrock.

There are other companies that appear often. Companies like State Street Corportation which have Vanguard and Blackrock as 3 + 4

Others have information missing on this site.

So, who owns all of this? Yes, I understand there might be a large amount of shareholders. But these rich people will own a lot of these companies, or the companies that own the companies that own the companies that own the companies.

Who are the major players and why can't you figure it out?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maxdeath

Maxdeath Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    Biggest shares of all those companies are shareholders due to IRAs, 401K even mutual funds. I have no doubt people like Buffet et al have shares. It is common practice for anyone wanting to make money to have shares in profitable companies.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. frigidweirdo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,296
    Sure, but then who is pushing all of this? How much do people like Buffet have in these companies?

4. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,211
    ummmmmm that is what oil companies do...make money from oil...what did you think would happen?...the Iraqi oil would be managed by Black and Decker?....

By the way don't you want to know why Obama couldn't win that war?....I'd like to know....maybe he should face a camera or two...where is the Magic Kenyan anyway?......

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  5. frigidweirdo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,296
    There's a lot more to it than just making money from oil. They're making money from oil AFTER an expensive war.

Why would the US go to war and spend billions of dollars on this war if they're not going to get something out of it?

And if the US doesn't get something out of it, then who is making the decisions and then gets something out of it?

People in power making decisions that make themselves or their friends loads of money, but the people are unable to see how they're making this money.

6. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,135
    You must be confused. Don’t liberals say that companies like Blackrock, Halliburton, Vanguard, Exxon, State Street, and Lockheed Martin are corporations,and corporations aren’t people? Why then did you say
    “But these rich people will own a lot of these companies, or the companies that own the companies that own the companies that own the companies.” sounds like you’re saying that corporations is just a bunch of people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,211
    Look....if you don't want an oil company to handle Iraqi oil tell me who you want.....Netflix? Apple?

8. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,728
    It seems that Exxon is the company making the most profit in Iraq right now out of all the foreign oil companies.

How much oil is Exxon producing in Iraq?

Seems Vanguard and Blackrock are the biggest owners of these two companies.

They have huge mutual funds. The owners of the funds own the stock, not the mutual fund company.

So who owns Vanguard and Blackrock? I mean in terms of individuals.

Vanguard is a mutual company. Owned by the investors in their funds.

Blackrock is publicly traded. BLK.

upload_2018-8-20_23-36-38.png

BLK Major Holders | BlackRock, Inc. Stock - Yahoo Finance

Mostly owned by institutions.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. frigidweirdo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,296
    Have you ever seen the list of companies getting oil out of Iraq pre- and post-war?

Petroleum industry in Iraq - Wikipedia

More than half way down the pay. No Iraqi companies. All of them are foreign companies.

Before 2003 all the oil was extracted by an Iraqi company owned by the government.

So clearly people benefited from the Iraq War.

A US and a British company are number one and two. The two countries that went in.

Next up are a Russian and Chinese company.

Then Shell, which might as well be an American company, as Blackrock's in there, Morgan Stanley, Franklin Resources, lots of American investment firms.

It wouldn't surprise me if ENI were in the same situation.

Go to war so you can increase profits. Risk people's lives so you can increase profits.

Hmmm

10. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,211
    No one went to war for oil....remember 9-11?....we were on a high alert to any nation that could possibly hand over WMD's to terrorists and the Brennan/Comey Intel bunch said Iraq had them...they suckered Bush either from incompetents or worse....