Blackface, Virginia and the sound of shattering glass houses

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Virginia Republican Was Top Editor of Yearbook That Included Blackface Photos and Racist Slurs
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/07/us/politics/thomas-norment-yearbook-racist.html

Thomas K. Norment Jr., the powerful Republican majority leader in the Virginia Senate, was a top editor of a 1968 college yearbook that included several photographs of students in blackface as well as racist slurs.

Mr. Norment, 72, a longtime fixture and political broker in the State Legislature, is the first Republican to be swept up in Virginia’s ongoing political crisis over racist behavior in the past. The Virginian-Pilot newspaper first reported on the photos and material on Thursday.

Virginia....we have a problem....

Uh oh....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-friend-they-call-it-silly-high-school-prank/

Some Florida Democrats are calling for the resignation of Republican state Rep. Anthony Sabatini after a photo of him wearing blackface in high school resurfaced this week — an image the ...

Carlton: A Republican in blackface? Not a good image

Florida's new secretary of state resigned last week when photos of him dressed as a female Katrina victim in blackface surfaced.

Here is the thing...lots of glass houses in the south right now. Does it matter? Should it matter?

In my opinion, what a person did in high school or college should not generally be what defines them forever. If their career has been otherwise commendable, they haven’t gone on to promote racist memes or activities...why should they resign? Shouldn’t the whole picture be considered? If they otherwise acted bad,y, a public apology for the stupidity and insensitivity of youth should be enough.

And hopefully those schools are no longer promoting such things.p

Virginia Republican Was Top Editor of Yearbook That Included Blackface Photos and Racist Slurs
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/07/us/politics/thomas-norment-yearbook-racist.html

Thomas K. Norment Jr., the powerful Republican majority leader in the Virginia Senate, was a top editor of a 1968 college yearbook that included several photographs of students in blackface as well as racist slurs.

Mr. Norment, 72, a longtime fixture and political broker in the State Legislature, is the first Republican to be swept up in Virginia’s ongoing political crisis over racist behavior in the past. The Virginian-Pilot newspaper first reported on the photos and material on Thursday.

Uh oh....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-friend-they-call-it-silly-high-school-prank/

Some Florida Democrats are calling for the resignation of Republican state Rep. Anthony Sabatini after a photo of him wearing blackface in high school resurfaced this week — an image the ...

Florida's new secretary of state resigned last week when photos of him dressed as a female Katrina victim in blackface surfaced.

Here is the thing...lots of glass houses in the south right now. Does it matter? Should it matter?

In my opinion, what a person did in high school or college should not generally be what defines them forever. If their career has been otherwise commendable, they haven’t gone on to promote racist memes or activities...why should they resign? Shouldn’t the whole picture be considered? If they otherwise acted bad,y, a public apology for the stupidity and insensitivity of youth should be enough.

Back in the days, people would say "sticks and stones would break my bones, but names would never hurt me". Almost all of the Hollywood elites back in the day had done a movie with "black face", oriental face, or what ever face, Hollywood needed. It is todays, pussified liberal pansies, that even offended by an old veteran who doesnt wear black face, but a maga hat, that a stupid Kuuunt went off on him...It is a shame that we cant even have old time comedy anymore because it might offend people. Pretty soon, a movie is not even going to have a point, just lots of CO2 explosions and gunfights, but nothing else....

Jerry Seinfeld Doesn’t Play Colleges, Says The PC Generation Doesn’t Understand Racism And Sexism

Turns out liberals, who never leave an offensive rock unturned, are themselves under all those rocks.

Uh oh....

THe point in attacking the VIr Governor, is that it is DEMS that pretend that black face is this huge crime, and THEY are the ones living in glass houses.

1968? Jesus Christ? You're going back to 1968?

Sooooooo, which Party had a KKK Grand Kleagle as the "Conscience of the Senate", refused to shake Jesse Owens hand, appointed a Klansman to SCOTUS, ran around in blackface and promised to have them....well yeah it's the democrats

Uh oh....

Back in the days, people would say "sticks and stones would break my bones, but names would never hurt me". Almost all of the Hollywood elites back in the day had done a movie with "black face", oriental face, or what ever face, Hollywood needed. It is todays, pussified liberal pansies, that even offended by an old veteran who doesnt wear black face, but a maga hat, that a stupid Kuuunt went off on him...It is a shame that we cant even have old time comedy anymore because it might offend people. Pretty soon, a movie is not even going to have a point, just lots of CO2 explosions and gunfights, but nothing else....

Jerry Seinfeld Doesn’t Play Colleges, Says The PC Generation Doesn’t Understand Racism And Sexism

I actually kinda agree.

I think we need to be thoughtful on knee jerk condemnations, especially of youthful idiocy.

Uh oh....

I actually kinda agree.

I think we need to be thoughtful on knee jerk condemnations, especially of youthful idiocy.

Uh oh....

THe point in attacking the VIr Governor, is that it is DEMS that pretend that black face is this huge crime, and THEY are the ones living in glass houses.

1968? Jesus Christ? You're going back to 1968?

I am seeing Dems calling for resignation of the Dem governor. So what are you talking about?

Sooooooo, which Party had a KKK Grand Kleagle as the "Conscience of the Senate", refused to shake Jesse Owens hand, appointed a Klansman to SCOTUS, ran around in blackface and promised to have them....well yeah it's the democrats
You mean Byrd? You tardy love to go on about that. Completely ignoring how the man changed. You make a perfect example of my point.

Turns out liberals, who never leave an offensive rock unturned, are themselves under all those rocks.
Hand in hand with the Republicans.

Can you glue together the pieces of your glass McMansion?

Meanwhile....Behar needs to step down from The Clucking Hens show (The View) for doing the same damn thing.

This is how the French Revolution started.

They started cutting peoples heads off, and just couldn't stop until there were no more people.

In order to destroy Donald Trump, the media and Democrats instituted the "zero tolerance" policy for sexual assault, believe all women, and racism. In absence of all that, they try to see it in anything he says or does. Although he's not angel when it comes to his personal life, there is no proof he engaged in any sexual misconduct, there is no proof of him being racist...

That "zero tolerance" policy, that torpedo they fired at Trump suddenly turned around and came back at them. The same media, along with the Hollywood were gutted by the #MeToo movement. And now that Virginia, one of the crucial swing states for the next year election was hit by the same "policy"... two blackface cases and one sexual assault, all of the sudden we have media trying to hit the brakes and change the narrative.

Anyone notice that it's not "blackface" anymore, they call it "dark make up". The "zero tolerance" policy is gone, and things that are objectively racist are being downplayed to try to protect Democrats. That women who claimed being sexually assaulted have been thrown under the bus, WaPo rejected to print her story, Senators Feinstein, Booker, Harris, that were so vocal in their attacks on Kavanaugh, are nowhere to be found.

Uh oh....

It is somewhat humorous to see Dems killed by their own identity politics sword. Remember, Kavanaugh was guilty with zero proof. Ah.....good times until the worm twists your way.

I am from Virginia. So is my family. I have never seen anyone dressed in blackface in my life. Trust me, no sane person thought blackface was okay in Virginia in the 1980's. Those Dem assholes were racist back then, and they probably still racist today.

Coyote, I have no sympathy. They are an embarrassment and need to go. And I would say that regardless of their political affiliation.

In order to destroy Donald Trump, the media and Democrats instituted the "zero tolerance" policy for sexual assault, believe all women, and racism. In absence of all that, they try to see it in anything he says or does. Although he's not angel when it comes to his personal life, there is no proof he engaged in any sexual misconduct, there is no proof of him being racist...

That "zero tolerance" policy, that torpedo they fired at Trump suddenly turned around and came back at them. The same media, along with the Hollywood were gutted by the #MeToo movement. And now that Virginia, one of the crucial swing states for the next year election was hit by the same "policy"... two blackface cases and one sexual assault, all of the sudden we have media trying to hit the brakes and change the narrative.

Anyone notice that it's not "blackface" anymore, they call it "dark make up". The "zero tolerance" policy is gone, and things that are objectively racist are being downplayed to try to protect Democrats. That women who claimed being sexually assaulted have been thrown under the bus, WaPo rejected to print her story, Senators Feinstein, Booker, Harris, that were so vocal in their attacks on Kavanaugh, are nowhere to be found.
Didn’t the Pubs have a zero tolerance policy towards Clinton when it came to sex? Women must be believed? Why yes. They did.

Forum List

Back