Blackberry dump cobbler

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I have no idea how it will turn out.

We went berry picking today, only got 2 quarts. Need 3 for jam, so I used 2 quarts of berries in the dump cobbler.

Now when my mom made cobbler, she makes a sweet biscuit type dough, and drops dollops of it on sweetened berries (super sweetened) and then bakes it. And it is amazing.

But I went the easy way.

I put the berries in the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan
sugared them
dropped a dry cake mix on top
drizzled with a cube of melted butter.

Baking at 350 I'll let you know how it goes ;)

Took the whole fam damily!
Snoop went too, and my son.but I didn't get any pics of them lol.
nfork.jpg
kids.jpg
alma.jpg

My beautiful dil, love her.

Damn I wish we got berries this late in the summer, our harvest time is the last of June and the first in July...I picked about 5 gallons this year and froze them, what I didn't use for pies...

Damn I wish we got berries this late in the summer, our harvest time is the last of June and the first in July...I picked about 5 gallons this year and froze them, what I didn't use for pies...
They were hard to find and I didn't get enough to make jam, which pisses me off. Huckleberries are on, but I wasn't looking for huckleberries!

I might go for huckleberries tomorrow though. And then maybe I'll make huckleberry jam. But huckleberries are a pain in the buttinski.

It turned out okay the kids love it. I like my mom's better.

Most often with recipes from our memories, no matter what we do.......it's never as good as dear old Mom's.

Hey if you want blackberry vines, you can come & dig em out of our yard. I can't get rid of the damn things. I've tried digging, and even spraying and they just keep coming back & trying to take over EVERYTHING. :mad:

Sometimes the picking is as much fun as the eating...:)

Blueberries and blackberries are the most available fruit for picking in my area. I have made cobbler similar to what your mom made. With blackberries (and blueberries), pie or cobbler, I make a thickened pie filling first - crushing a few berries in a sauce pan, adding sugar and cornstarch, stir and let bubble until thick then add rest of berries, bring back to temp to bubble for a few minutes - then it's ready to use.

Here's an oldie quick cobbler recipe - 1 stick of butter, 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup of milk - several cups prepared or canned pie filling. Oven on 350, melt stick of butter in baking dish - spoon in filling - mix flour and milk in bowl - pour over pie filling, don't stir, bake until golden brown and 'crusty' on the edges.

Most often with recipes from our memories, no matter what we do.......it's never as good as dear old Mom's.

Hey if you want blackberry vines, you can come & dig em out of our yard. I can't get rid of the damn things. I've tried digging, and even spraying and they just keep coming back & trying to take over EVERYTHING. :mad:
They grow everywhere here lol. I have them in my yard. They didn't produce enough berries to count this year, though. I hack them back regularly.

Forum List

Back