What to do with 10 Watermelons before they go bad?

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
Well, in My case, I decided to put a couple of buckets to good use and make some watermelon wine!

Ended up making 11 gallons of watermelon wine!!!!

The one on the left is 4 gallons of watermelon with a gallon of apple juice and the one on the right is 6 gallons of straight watermelon.

I used My juicer to help separate the pulp from the liquid. Worked pretty well too.

Last edited:
Well, in My case, I decided to put a couple of buckets to good use and make some watermelon wine!

The one on the left if 4 gallons of watermelon with a gallon of apple juice and the one on the right is 6 gallons of straight watermelon.

I used My juicer to help separate the pulp from the liquid. Worked pretty well too.

Damn, I was hoping this was a Klan guy asking.......what to do with 10 bad mellons....give it to white women to take to a all black club in the south!!

There is no way you aren't a troll.

The one on the left if 4 gallons of watermelon with a gallon of apple juice and the one on the right is 6 gallons of straight watermelon.

Damn, I was hoping this was a Klan guy asking.......what to do with 10 bad mellons....give it to white women to take to a all black club in the south!!

LOLOLO....and there's no way in hell, your not as stupid as you appear here on a daily basis, no fuckin way

LOLOLO....and there's no way in hell, your not as stupid as you appear here on a daily basis, no fuckin way

We could tell when you never mentioned collard greens or hog jowls...

Ohhh name calling, you're so witty and creative. Tell you what, if I'm so stupid, contest any point I've made recently, right here, right now. Go on, make my day.

LolLolLol....litttle pumpkin is smarter then all you libtards put together with one hand tied behind her back and she is still in high school

Ohhh name calling, you're so witty and creative. Tell you what, if I'm so stupid, contest any point I've made recently, right here, right now. Go on, make my day.

First off, you have to ask somebody that gives a damn, this question...I don't!!

First off, you have to ask somebody that gives a damn, this question...I don't!!

Your immediate concession is noted. I didn't think you could back up anything you said, and I was right, of course.

How much do damns cost in yer neck of the woods?

I live here in the woods and hills of the Ozarks, not to fer from Jed Clampett. I have a bunch of elderberry trees I'd like to make wine with....Not the trees but the berrys.

So to make ze vine do you have to boil it with sugar or just add sugar and let it ferment? I have never made wine, just beer...
A few steps. After I juiced the watermelons, I added sugar to the approximate alcohol level I wanted. The hydrometer reading for the juice was 1.03 which is about 4% ABV. I wanted 1.16 so that it would be nearly 16%. I overshot the mark on the six-gallon bucket and ended up with 1.185. LOL. So the yeast I used is viable up to 15% alcohol which means I won't have to back sweeten that batch. I should end up with nearly 17% and a lightly tart wine. I added some yeast energizer and nutrient, then some wine tannin, pectin enzyme (for clarity later on). I forgot to put a Campden table in the first batch so I'm worried there may be some stray yeast strains. That was it. I pitched a WLP 720 wine yeast so it should be good.

On the second batch, I did the same except that I used a Campden tablet and let it sit overnight to kill off any wild yeast. I also took better care with the sugar and decided to go a bit lower on the alcohol and went with 1.1 which should give Me about 12 to 14%.

Oh, I used just straight granulated white table sugar.

ETA: Oh, and the second batch I used a LALVIN EC 1118 champagne yeast.

I live here in the woods and hills of the Ozarks, not to fer from Jed Clampett. I have a bunch of elderberry trees I'd like to make wine with....Not the trees but the berrys.
Elderberry wine is fantastic!

I would have lined them up in the back yard and shot them with my AK-47. Watermelons be fun to shoot.

If I can out wrestle the birds to get them.
Yeah, that is an issue. I had to take a few yards of tulle and wrap My grape vines to keep the birds from stealing the grapes. They're almost ripe and I"m looking forward to a batch of concord grape jelly!

I would have lined them up in the back yard and shot them with my AK-47. Watermelons be fun to shoot.
LOL Yes they are.

But I can't shoot here in the borough and I didn't feel like lugging a 100 pounds of watermelon up to My sister-in-law's place just to shoot them.

If I can out wrestle the birds to get them.
Yeah, that is an issue. I had to take a few yards of tulle and wrap My grape vines to keep the birds from stealing the grapes. They're almost ripe and I"m looking forward to a batch of concord grape jelly!
We get wild mustang grapes but they are bitter...Lot's of raspberries, blackberries, huckleberries....

Forum List

Back