Black Student Fights Teacher Over Cellphone

Yeah? You never heard of the "Torture tree"? Senecas. They cut open people's abdomens, tied their intestines around a tree, and forced them to walk around the tree--thus unwinding their entrails--until they died.
Cool. Whataboutism. What did the people who were executed in this way do? Vikings did the same. Christians burned women at the stake. Now ask yourself what the INNOCENT CHILDREN did to get burned alive.

No to paddling. No to hitting kids with rulers. No to physical punishment.

But here's a big joke: "All behavior is communication". This is what the "education system" has asked us to swallow now. Sure, right. Sometimes--a lot of times--the so-called "communication" is: what can I get away with? Can I make my friends laugh? How much will the teacher endure?

This classroom-management-as-therapy stuff is junk.
Good reply, but I still think the paddle can be an effective tool for getting to the seat of the problem.

Good reply, but I still think the paddle can be an effective tool for getting to the seat of the problem.
What’s wrong with a ruler across the hands? That’s what they did in my parents’ day. And it doesn’t have to be hard. Part of the punishment is the humiliation. Now we just have to get back to the days where students were humiliated for bad behavior.

What’s wrong with a ruler across the hands? That’s what they did in my parents’ day. And it doesn’t have to be hard. Part of the punishment is the humiliation. Now we just have to get back to the days where students were humiliated for bad behavior.
Not familiar with the ruler across the hand thing. I always thought that some kind of Catholic school Nun thing, though I see nothing particularly wrong with it in early elementary days.

Undisciplined heathen.
Not necessarily a heathen, but definitely one of the touchy-feely emotional types, automatically feeling sorry for the"poor widdle undisciplined heathen spawn" that grow up placated in the homes by people of her ilk.

Everything.
What exactly? What these kids need to learn is that bad behavior gets punished, and a little swipe with the ruler tells young kids that their behavior is unacceptable. It’s the same reason little kids get spankings.

I‘d say it’s OK up until age 8. For the rest of elementary school, they can sit their butts in the corner while the other kids are out for recess.

Emotion is what separates us from animals.
No it doesn't. If you have even been chased by an angry bore hog, and enraged bull, or attacked by a hostile dog, you would know.

Forum List

Back