Black Racism, justified, and correct.

I do think that reparations should have been paid a long time ago not just for the pure sake of another black saying give me free money.

But at the time I believe the idea of the 40 acres was meant to create economic equality. Socio Economic status has always been a determining factor for prosperity. With out that newly freed black were in the lowest class by default.

While I do think something should be done now, but I think it should be in the form of a free collage education, since that is the more determining factor now than land.This isn't fair in the sense that blacks are more deserving of a education, but I do believe that within any poor community, education is the key to systemic change. And the reality is; yes there hasn't really been an equal America, there is a disproportionate amount of wealth, and there is a disproportionate amount of crime done to and done by blacks. Education is the most successful way that I can think of to rectify the situation with the most amount of gain for more people.

Look, poor blacks have the same education opportunites as poor whites, hispanics, asians, etc... And for the most part it is a free education. If you look at the drop out rates of blacks compared to whites, you wil find that blacks drop out rates are higher than whites with hispanic drop out rates being even greater. Now the liberals and the minorities want you to believe it's societies fault. But I think that's just a lame excuse. We owe black Americans nothing, slavery is over and has been for quite some time. They need to get over it and move on.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. The same can be said for education, you can send kids to school but you can't make them learn. Personal responsibility needs to be applied to all individuals and blaming others for your actions is ignorant and utterly stupid.

Blacks born into the Ghetto Communities here in NYC, get help, it gives them a chance. Overcoming the cultural influences and effects of drugs, alcohol, prostitution, gangs, is harder for some, especially when immediate family is caught up in any of it. The housing projects have caused allot of pain.

Look, poor blacks have the same education opportunites as poor whites, hispanics, asians, etc... And for the most part it is a free education. If you look at the drop out rates of blacks compared to whites, you wil find that blacks drop out rates are higher than whites with hispanic drop out rates being even greater. Now the liberals and the minorities want you to believe it's societies fault. But I think that's just a lame excuse. We owe black Americans nothing, slavery is over and has been for quite some time. They need to get over it and move on.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. The same can be said for education, you can send kids to school but you can't make them learn. Personal responsibility needs to be applied to all individuals and blaming others for your actions is ignorant and utterly stupid.

That's defiantly not the case as far as equal opportunity.

As you have stated yourself there is a disproportionate amount of crime and drop out rates amongst blacks. That leads to higher crime rates, children out of wedlock, and a myriad of other problems. The systemic problem crowds our prisons, creates higher crime rates, burden on the system and violence with in and outside of their respective communities. A way to solve that problem would be an offer at an education. Education creates opportunities, social awareness and responsibilities.

As you have stated yourself there is a disproportionate amount of crime and drop out rates amongst blacks. That leads to higher crime rates, children out of wedlock, and a myriad of other problems. The systemic problem crowds our prisons, creates higher crime rates, burden on the system and violence with in and outside of their respective communities. A way to solve that problem would be an offer at an education. Education creates opportunities, social awareness and responsibilities.

That is happening. It is the broken family structure and addictions, that aren't being controlled. What are the expectations of an Aid's Baby, born in the Projects, diagnosed ADDHA, illiterate at 19 and in prison? The Ghetto's need to change, in order to effect change in the pattern. Things are being done, they all have limits. Individually, case by case, People survive it.

And I suppose you blame society for higher crime rates, out of wedlock children, drop out rates etc....You have to prove to me that none of these people were offered an education. Show me where anyone was denied an education! These people had the exact same opportunities I had.

I quit school at 15, in prison at 17 both due to bad choices on my part, no one else caused me to drop out of school, no one else caused me to be put in prison. I am the only one to blame and I was the only one capable of changing the choices I was making and turning my life around. Now I'm working on my second career( after 20 years with IWC) making 165 grand a year, I own thousands of acres of land, raise hundreds of head of cattle, raised three children to the age of majority, all of whom graduated with honors and all went on to college and two have earned degrees while the youngest is currently working on his degree.

So don't make excuses for these people and the bad choices they've made. I'll give you one example of a poor black person that overcame tremendous obstacles and is now one of the wealthiest people in the world and that is Oprah Winfrey. Read her biography, her along with many other poor people overcome poverty and became productive members of society. If Oprah and others like her can do it, then anyone can.

I'm sick of hearing how bad these people have it. So what? A lot of us had it bad, but some of us take personal responsiblity and solve our own problems.

And I suppose you blame society for higher crime rates, out of wedlock children, drop out rates etc....You have to prove to me that none of these people were offered an education. Show me where anyone was denied an education! These people had the exact same opportunities I had.

I quit school at 15, in prison at 17 both due to bad choices on my part, no one else caused me to drop out of school, no one else caused me to be put in prison. I am the only one to blame and I was the only one capable of changing the choices I was making and turning my life around. Now I'm working on my second career( after 20 years with IWC) making 165 grand a year, I own thousands of acres of land, raise hundreds of head of cattle, raised three children to the age of majority, all of whom graduated with honors and all went on to college and two have earned degrees while the youngest is currently working on his degree.

So don't make excuses for these people and the bad choices they've made. I'll give you one example of a poor black person that overcame tremendous obstacles and is now one of the wealthiest people in the world and that is Oprah Winfrey. Read her biography, her along with many other poor people overcome poverty and became productive members of society. If Oprah and others like her can do it, then anyone can.

I'm sick of hearing how bad these people have it. So what? A lot of us had it bad, but some of us take personal responsiblity and solve our own problems.

You would be wrong in your assumptions to some degree. I don't blame society in the sense that there some group of white guys hiding behind the scenes saying "HA get another one!" That would be foolish.

I do believe that there is a direct correlation between education and crime. And there's also a correlation with educational standards and income of the surrounding populous. Would you agree to those two statements?

Last edited:

You would be wrong in your assumptions to some degree. I don't blame society in the sense that there some group of white guys hiding behind the scenes saying "HA get another one!" That would be foolish.

I do believe that there is a direct correlation between education and crime. And there's also a correlation with educational standards and income of the surrounding populous. Would you agree to those two statements?

If your asking whether or not I believe a lack of education makes people commit crimes, then no. I know lots of people that dropped out of school but didn't pursue a life of crime and I know lots of graduates that did. People commit crime for a ton of reasons and I don't beleive an education or the lack thereof plays a significant role. I can look at myself for that example. I quit school but didn't pursue a life of crime. I was convicted of assault with intent and sentenced to five years of which I served over half in prison the remainder on parole. A few years afterwords I was granted a full pardon. I do think that crime is more rampant in poorer neighborhoods due to the social environment. Social disorganization if you will.

Here's an article that discusses crime causation: Sociological Theories - Social Disorganization Theory

Read more: http://law.jrank.org/pages/818/Crime-Causation-Sociological-Theories-Social-disorganization-theory.html#ixzz0S8bItxkQ

I would agree with the statements made by that article.

So we both agree that there is a correlation between poverty and crime.

Would you agree that there is a disproportionate amount of wealth between races. I'm sure we vary greatly on the reason, but would you agree to that as well?

Forum List

Back