Black NYPD Officers In New York Say They Fear Fellow Cops When Off Duty

You do know a black female officer supervised his death........

So? What that cop did was wrong regardless of the cop's skin color or skin colors of their victims. Police Brutality must be stopped.

I thought you right wingers didn't want a police state? Oh I guess when it's black people oppressed by a police state, it's okay.

It is very wrong, but how can it be a white cop on black, if the officer is black?

It was a over use of force by the police, not the white police but the police.

Yet, liberals want it to be a white cop vs. the black man, it fits their agenda.

No, once again you aren't listening because no liberal on here has said that they want it to be a white vs. black issue. Excessive force by police officers needs to be stop.

However they get away with it 99.9% of the time. Not to mention they take away people's property in civil forfeiture for just carrying that property. The police state is real in our country and its affecting minorities and the poor the most.

Bullshit, it has been about race, it has been the white Mexican guy killing Martin. It is about a white cop killing Brown a black man, then the mostly white jury not charging the white guy. It is about the white cops killing Garner.

There are a couple cases of black cops killing civilians but will get little play from the liberals.

Property rights are taken away by government not the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Reuters) - From the dingy donut shops of Manhattan to the cloistered police watering holes in Brooklyn, a number of black NYPD officers say they have experienced the same racial profiling that cost Eric Garner his life.
That's as far as I got. Racial profiling wasn't why the dirt bag got apprehended or shot.

(Reuters) - From the dingy donut shops of Manhattan to the cloistered police watering holes in Brooklyn, a number of black NYPD officers say they have experienced the same racial profiling that cost Eric Garner his life.

Garner, a 43-year-old black man suspected of illegally peddling loose cigarettes, died in July after a white officer put him in a chokehold. His death, and that of an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, has sparked a slew of nationwide protests against police tactics. On Saturday, those tensions escalated after a black gunman, who wrote of avenging the black deaths on social media, shot dead two New York policemen.

The protests and the ambush of the uniformed officers pose a major challenge for New York Mayor Bill De Blasio. The mayor must try to ease damaged relations with a police force that feels he hasn’t fully supported them, while at the same time bridging a chasm with communities who say the police unfairly target them.

What’s emerging now is that, within the thin blue line of the NYPD, there is another divide - between black and white officers.

Reuters interviewed 25 African American male officers on the NYPD, 15 of whom are retired and 10 of whom are still serving. All but one said that, when off duty and out of uniform, they had been victims of racial profiling, which refers to using race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed a crime.

The officers said this included being pulled over for no reason, having their heads slammed against their cars, getting guns brandished in their faces, being thrown into prison vans and experiencing stop and frisks while shopping. The majority of the officers said they had been pulled over multiple times while driving. Five had had guns pulled on them.

Desmond Blaize, who retired two years ago as a sergeant in the 41st Precinct in the Bronx, said he once got stopped while taking a jog through Brooklyn’s upmarket Prospect Park. "I had my ID on me so it didn’t escalate," said Blaize, who has sued the department alleging he was racially harassed on the job. "But what’s suspicious about a jogger? In jogging clothes?"

More: Off Duty Black Officers In New York Say They Fear Fellow Cops

This comes as zero surprise to me. New York Mayor Bill De Blasio also knows this is true. Listening to NYC Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association president Pat Lynch blame the Mayor is enough to gag a maggot.

racial profiling that cost Eric Garner his life.
.You couldn't be more dishonest

So he was profiled 33 times huh? Thats amazing!!! I mean what are the odds?
He should have been buying scratch offs instead of selling loosies.

Garner, a 43-year-old black man suspected of illegally peddling loose cigarettes, died in July after a white officer put him in a chokehold. His death, and that of an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, has sparked a slew of nationwide protests against police tactics. On Saturday, those tensions escalated after a black gunman, who wrote of avenging the black deaths on social media, shot dead two New York policemen.

The protests and the ambush of the uniformed officers pose a major challenge for New York Mayor Bill De Blasio. The mayor must try to ease damaged relations with a police force that feels he hasn’t fully supported them, while at the same time bridging a chasm with communities who say the police unfairly target them.

What’s emerging now is that, within the thin blue line of the NYPD, there is another divide - between black and white officers.

Reuters interviewed 25 African American male officers on the NYPD, 15 of whom are retired and 10 of whom are still serving. All but one said that, when off duty and out of uniform, they had been victims of racial profiling, which refers to using race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed a crime.

The officers said this included being pulled over for no reason, having their heads slammed against their cars, getting guns brandished in their faces, being thrown into prison vans and experiencing stop and frisks while shopping. The majority of the officers said they had been pulled over multiple times while driving. Five had had guns pulled on them.

Desmond Blaize, who retired two years ago as a sergeant in the 41st Precinct in the Bronx, said he once got stopped while taking a jog through Brooklyn’s upmarket Prospect Park. "I had my ID on me so it didn’t escalate," said Blaize, who has sued the department alleging he was racially harassed on the job. "But what’s suspicious about a jogger? In jogging clothes?"

More: Off Duty Black Officers In New York Say They Fear Fellow Cops

This comes as zero surprise to me. New York Mayor Bill De Blasio also knows this is true. Listening to NYC Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association president Pat Lynch blame the Mayor is enough to gag a maggot.
And this proves what?

What do you expect? Cops know from first hand experience that a black man is ten times more likely to be a violent criminal than a white man. THINK

I thought you right wingers didn't want a police state? Oh I guess when it's black people oppressed by a police state, it's okay.

Black people are not oppressed, you fool. There is no conspiracy to keep them down. If there was, affirmative action would not exist.

Blacks are failures because they are mentally inferior.

Black people are not oppressed, you fool. There is no conspiracy to keep them down. If there was, affirmative action would not exist.

Blacks are failures because they are mentally inferior.
and yet here you are a mental incompetent posting on the internet......wonders never cease...

I am sorry some blacks get profiled even through they do nothing to deserve it. BUT this is the price those blacks pay for having a community that commits over half of the crime.

What would you do if you were a chief of police??? I am asking you liberals, what?

Forum List

Back