"Black" Names

Unkotare
"Try that again in English?"

Why are white people so obsessed with grammar and punctuation?

Every forum you go on. Whites always pointing out someone's grammar.

Many ppl in the world worry about hunger or being poor. If you ask a white person, they'll say "people who use ‘their’ when they mean ‘there.’"

If you ask a white person to proof read your shit before you send it out.

They'll love it.

“Hey White Person. I'm sending this cover letter out for this job. Can you look this over for me and see if it's ok?”

It's scientifically proven that it's impossible for a white person to turn down the opportunity to proofread.

I've always thought that clinging on to good grammar is like hanging on to a skill that will never come back into popularity, or usefulness.

Kind of like saying, “I was the best quarterback in my high school.”

When was the last time you ever heard anyone say, “He’s really smart, you can tell by his grammar.”

Or even, “She WILL be a CEO of a Fortune 500 company one day…she has excellent grammar

I'll just bet you get offended when people write you off as an ignorant, low-life buffoon due to your inability to communicate like a reasonably educated adult. I'll just bet you tell yourself it's because of "racism" rather than looking critically at your own shortcomings and working to improve upon them.

All new languages started off as slang.

No they did not, professor. Most languages began in cultural and geographic isolation. "New" languages usually begin as pidgins and over time develop into creoles before becoming fixed and distinct enough to be considered languages in their own right.

Unkotare
"I'll just bet you get offended when people write you off as an ignorant, low-life buffoon due to your inability to communicate like a reasonably educated adult. I'll just bet you tell yourself it's because of "racism" rather than looking critically at your own shortcomings and working to improve upon them"

I want you to do me a favour.

Make sure you phone your loved ones and tell them that you love n appreciate them.

Do this. Because you never know what might happen

Rethinking the Term “Sub Saharan Africa”

My big criticism of the term SSA is that it divides Africa according to white ideas of race making North Africans white enough to be considered for their glories, but not really white enough.

As politics and culture change, rarely has linguistics shifted to accommodate the new changes. Some words and expressions are backed up by agency and have the potential to change our perceptions. This is the case with the term “Sub- Saharan Africa” (herein referred to as SSA).

Western agency not only has unilateral access to international platforms, but additionally maintains the power to ensure meanings are normalized across diverse linguistic and geographical communities.
The power of Western agency means that they can construct words which speak exclusively to their perceived reality. The UN, EU, World Bank, IMF or any other big institution that you might think of has been leading in using the term SSA. It must be pointed out that even many governments and organizations in this region also use the term SSA without really interrogating the meaning or implied meaning of SSA. This has been useful in setting up a false dichotomy and systematic normalization of the term.

It is important to emphasize that these deeply embedded assumptions and stereotypes about Africa not only stand in the way of effectively learning about the continent, but also have been the basis of ill-conceived academic research and policies.

Six years ago the Nigerian born Chikia Onyeani of the Celebrate Africa Group argued that the term sub-Saharan Africa is demeaning to Africa and must be rejected. He rightfully argued that there is no other continent that has sub something, there is no Sub-Europe or Sub-America. We should be concerned that it’s only the people who were considered as sub human in history who are being referred to as sub-Saharan Africans. The concept of some invisible border, which divides the North of Africa from the South, is rooted in racist thought. A black and white view of African culture only serves racist generalizations. There are more serious issues to be concerned with, but we cannot exclude identity and terminology from conversations on race.

As Onyeani warned, to win these big wars we need to win or at least uphold a conversation on the small ones.
It baffles me how we never question the use of the term SSA. It is becoming clearer to me that SSA refers to the entire African continent, with the exception of the five predominantly Arab states of the North. The concept ‘sub-Sahara Africa’ is ludicrous and disingenuous, if not a meaningless classificatory representation. The use of the term defies geography and focuses more on racist labelling and stereotypes. It is undoubtedly a racist geopolitical signature in which the users (from the onset) aimed to depict the image of dilapidation, squalor and hopelessness. This is despite that majority of Africans do not live anywhere near the Sahara.

What does it really mean in practice to say “SSA?” It is a way of saying “Black Africa” and talk about black Africans without sounding overtly racist.
What should also be considered is the racist stereotypes that are associated with Black Africa. When one uses the suffix “sub” to refer to “below,” images of Africa as all poor, suffering from AIDS (not to demonize the victims) and in a state of disarray are reinforced. These problems and stereotypes are perceived as endemic to blacks.

If it was truly about the Sahara and not race, Mauritania would never be counted as sub-Saharan: Its capital, like most of the country, is hardly south of the Sahara.

If it wasn’t about race prior to the formal legitimate people’s rule in South Africa in 1994, then why was South Africa never considered as part of sub-Saharan Africa? It was either referred to as White South Africa or South Africa Sub-continent. After the legitimate people’s government which was largely a majority black government there was a sudden change in the representation. South Africa was now part of sub-Saharan Africa. Nothing happening to South African geography for it to be differently classified and rendered SSA.

Like I said, my usage is SCIENTIFIC, not political.

Learn the difference.

westwall
"It's a geographic reference. It has nothing to do with who lives there. It has everything to do with the fact that the Sahara is a fucking desert"

So is America “sub-Canadian”?

Are Italy and Greece “sub-Nordic”?

Is Latin America sub-Anglo-America?

You do know that blk ppl are on both sides of the Sahara? You do know that - Right ?

America is split up into many geomorphic provinces. I live on the Sierra Nevada batholith, to my east is the Basin and Range that extends to Colorado.

Racists, like you, make everything about you.

westwall
"I'm a geologist and we care about geomorphic provinces, son. I'm not whitesplaing you idiot, I am giving you some scientific information"

Geologist my ass. You couldn't tell an igneous rock from a metamorphic if they slapped you in the face.

Well, at least you got two of the three types. Spelled them correctly too. Now piss off, bitch.

Unkotare
"I'll just bet you get offended when people write you off as an ignorant, low-life buffoon due to your inability to communicate like a reasonably educated adult. I'll just bet you tell yourself it's because of "racism" rather than looking critically at your own shortcomings and working to improve upon them"

Make sure you phone your loved ones and tell them that you love n appreciate them.

Are you trying to threaten me, champ? If so, be a man about it and stop acting coy.

Unkotare

You should too. You are far more likely to be murdered by one of your black "brothers"
But you really need to take your infantile threats and shove them up your ass.

Unkotare

Are you trying to threaten me, champ? If so, be a man about it and stop acting coy.

He can't. He ain't a man.

Unkotare
"Are you trying to threaten me, champ? If so, be a man about it and stop acting coy"

I'm not threatening anything.

But I'll say this. I wouldn't just punch you in the face. You understand what I'm saying here.

You don't know me.

Last edited:
Unkotare

I'm not threaten anything.

Hmmm...passive/aggressive...how very feminine of you.

Unkotare

I'm not threaten anything.

But I'll say this. I wouldn't just punch you in the face. ...

:lol: No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't do anything at all. Don't kid yourself, kid.

Correll

"So, you're saying blacks are inherently stronger, while whites are inherently smarter?"

No. Whites aren't inherently smarter BUT whites have been smarter (if you want to call it that) because blk ppl live under a system of white supremacy and in a world of anti Blackness.

So there are things that white ppl have done that blk ppl have not.

For me ? We don't think like you. See white ppl you weaponise fking everything.

You'll find a rock at the bottom of the ocean, put in under a microscope, n think of ways you can use it to kill ppl.

Thats the difference. We dont have that sick depraved evil mindset you ppl have.

Blk ppl don't think about bombing whites, inferiorizing n killing whites, poisoning whites, writing books to show how stupid whites are, refferring whites to animals, going into majority whites countries n forcing systems of racial apartheid in those white countries n other things.

We dont think like you and thats been to our cost, because we're coming up against a beast, whose mindset is purely about domination.
Which whites are doing all those things today?
The white supremacists kill blk ppl all the time.
Molly is an ignorant racist white woman. And considering what white men have done to them, she is the dumbest person here. Her and any other white female arguing the standard racist lies. Most domestic violence is done to women. Most victims of domestic crime are white women. They get beat up and raped by white men, yet Molly's dumb ass is in here talking about blacks and crime.
Speaking of idiots, YOU are the number one idiot! How am I racist? You can't show it because it isn't true, not only an idiot but you are also a liar. Where did I mention domestic violence? I never limited any crimes to blacks. MORE LIES YOU ASSHOLE!

I do not know how true that is. But in the last several decades white men have been more gentrified in a higher percentage then before in history. Many are not violent or street fighters. It is amazing to watch if you permit children to defend themselves though. As soon as the crap starts with another individual. Right on them. Win or lose. White parents for to long telling their kids that fighting does not solve anything has actually hurt them.
Look. Man. White men are a bunch of fkin pathetic cowardly unmanly bitches when it comes to 1 on 1 combat with a black man

Yes. When they're in a police uniform, they're brave, in a tank they're brave, when they have n advantage they're brave.

But 1 on 1 combat with a black man his age n size ? They're a joke. I'm telling what I've seen my WHOLE life.

When a blk man, whose about that fking life, is ready to throw down and 100% go at it, with the white man all of a sudden it's "Hey. Dude. Was only joking dude. Chill bro"

I've seen that play out all my fkin life.
Blacks are told fighting does not solve anything either, but we are also told that we are to take any shit from whites. So whites generally start hostilities by making rude racist comments then cry about somebodies violence when they get their asses whipped for doing so. This is how every fight between a black and white person has started that I have seen.

Notice that in here the only people that have threatened violence have been white men. I have received countless threatening PMs from white men here. Threads have been made by whites here talking about their wish to shoot me so I think that the white dude who made the comments in response to you needs to seek help for his psychosis.
Wrong once again. Several times blacks have told whites that they would not say to their faces what they say on these message boards. Is that not threatening?

Back in the 1960's negroes had real names like Kim,Delores,Mark,Reggie.
Then in the 1970's negroes wanted to be called African Americans.That's when all the crazy assed names started.
It doesn't matter what name someone chooses. It is their business.

Correll
"The high murder rate is a real thing. Claiming that white people have problems too, does not change thator make it not real. That is more on a coping mechanism than a way to address a problem"

Black people are the most peaceful race on earth and have been for the last 400 years and the least violent race in earth.

White ppl have been the most violent race on the planet. Hell you lot are have even been savage towards each other.

Now if you want to take me on about this then I'm ready.
we werent talking about the last 400 years. Talk about NOW. To talk of the past insinuates that the whites today were involved.

Back in the 1960's negroes had real names like Kim,Delores,Mark,Reggie.
Then in the 1970's negroes wanted to be called African Americans.That's when all the crazy assed names started.

Wrong answer. And it doesn't matter what Doctor King called black people 60 years ago. He called white people white and today you raggedy punks whine about how that's racist.
You think anything that whites did centuries ago is valid today. What hypocrisy.

westwall
"Zimbabwe is an example of that sort of infantile thought in action. Mugabe. No doubt a hero of yours, allowed blacks to take white farms. Now, a country which was once the bread basket of Africa is starving.

You should move there. You will either learn how stupid your mentors are, or die of starvation,"

No white man is African.

And I have a more in depth answer to your common white supremacist talking point here
If someone is born in Africa, they are African. Same as in America.

Forum List

Back