Black Lives Matter activist commits suicide

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Apparently he didn't think so.

Black Lives Matter Activist MarShawn McCarrel Dead From Apparent Suicide

An Ohio activist heavily involved with the Black Lives Matter movement has reportedly committed suicide. Marshawn McCarrel, 23, was found dead outside of the Statehouse Monday evening (Jan. 8), The Columbus Dispatch reports.

Lt. Craig Cvetan of the State Highway Patrol said McCarrel was more than likely alone at the time of his death. Born and raised in Columbus, McCarrel’s body was found after police responded to a call about a shooting at 6 p.m. McCarrel was known for his social activism and work with Black Lives Matter. He was also the founding member of Pursuing Our Dreams, a mentorship for inner city youth and created the homeless charity Feed The Streets in light of his past battle with homelessness. Earlier in the year, McCarrell traveled to California to receive Radio One’s Hometown Champions award, according to the New York Daily News.

Before his death, McCarrell took to social media to send a final farewell to his supporters tweeting, “Let the record show that I pi**ed on the state house before I left.” Another questionable message read, “If we don’t have to live through hell just to get to heaven. I’ma stay right here with you.”

A Facebook post also read, “My demons won today. I’m sorry,” after 3 p.m.

An Ohio activist heavily involved with the Black Lives Matter movement has reportedly committed suicide. Marshawn McCarrel, 23, was found dead outside of the Statehouse Monday evening (Jan. 8), The Columbus Dispatch reports.

Lt. Craig Cvetan of the State Highway Patrol said McCarrel was more than likely alone at the time of his death. Born and raised in Columbus, McCarrel’s body was found after police responded to a call about a shooting at 6 p.m. McCarrel was known for his social activism and work with Black Lives Matter. He was also the founding member of Pursuing Our Dreams, a mentorship for inner city youth and created the homeless charity Feed The Streets in light of his past battle with homelessness. Earlier in the year, McCarrell traveled to California to receive Radio One’s Hometown Champions award, according to the New York Daily News.

Before his death, McCarrell took to social media to send a final farewell to his supporters tweeting, “Let the record show that I pi**ed on the state house before I left.” Another questionable message read, “If we don’t have to live through hell just to get to heaven. I’ma stay right here with you.”

This must be terrible for his loved ones, even though I can't stand Black Lives Matter and their ideology, McCarrel was human and people who loved him must be devastated.

As a Christian, I hope he's found peace and I hope his family can find coping method.

This must be terrible for his loved ones, even though I can't stand Black Lives Matter and their ideology, McCarrel was human and people who loved him must be devastated.

As a Christian, I hope he's found peace and I hope his family can find coping method.

Suicide is very sad, and about the worst thing you can do to your loved ones.

Lucy, nothing to do with this thread, but Trump and Sanders have been declared the winners of New Hampshire vote.

Suicide is very sad, and about the worst thing you can do to your loved ones.

Yes, it's difficult to imagine the turmoil someone must be in, in their minds, to decide upon such actions. You know society doesn't discuss suicide as much as it should, people thinking about suicide are the loneliest * souls in the world because who can they really reach out to for help and understanding?

* Loneliest is this a word?

Peeing on the courthouse and then shooting himself is some statement

That is good news. One less radical screwing up the harmony between the races. BLM is a bogus movement based on a lie.

Oh, I thought this thread actually mattered.

Geaux

Obviously, he realized that his own black life did not matter.

Feel sorry for his family if he had any.

What the hell woudl make a kid of 23 years want to check out like that. He had his entire life ahead of him...While I oppose the viewpoint, this kind of thing is a tremendous waste

What the hell woudl make a kid of 23 years want to check out like that. He had his entire life ahead of him...While I oppose the viewpoint, this kind of thing is a tremendous waste

He saw the America as transformed - by his own proud ambition and admission - by Obama.

Peeing on the courthouse and then shooting himself is some statement

He should have gone for the self immolation.
Those Buddhist Monks know how to make a statement.

Forum List

Back