Black Friday Wal-Mart Walkout

In an economy where hardly anyone is hiring?

Yes.

Perhaps they should consider a career as an Independent Distributor if they do not like their employer.

distributor.JPG

There's always Amway. Stooges at the bottom of the pyramind work for those at the top who get the real money.

Yes. They would be wise to get into their respective new industry early.

Like Sam Walton, for instance!

I knew this shit was going to happen. Government should have imposed a higher minimum wage for business with 50 or more employees just as they did with the healthcare law. If big business continues to shit on the working class expect more unions everywhere. Occupy Wallstreet everywhere.

Republicans have lost 3-1/2 out of the last 4 elections because they have removed or failed to implement & enforce rules thus allowing big business to raid their pensions funds & Wallstreet to screw the world.

You would think even a clueless schmuck like this would understand that increasing the minimum wage will result in less jobs and that it will price out even more entry level workers with limited skills.............

There's nothing like the brilliance of the hour worker who barely gets by, striking in a terrible economy when there's tens of thousands unemployed willing to take that same job.

Just fire their lazy asses.........

It's not about being lazy. Wal-mart treats their employees like dirt. They pay a decent enough wage for unskilled labor, but they're assholes.

Hmmm. Then employees should seek better opportunity elsewhere.

Do you ever THINK before you write?

The real problem with this is that its a buyer's market out there. The WalMart employees have every right to be treated with decency and honesty but WalMart will continue to go right on cheating them and much worse because for every worker who walks out, the are dozens willing to put up with the worst. And, the worst is what WalMart is.

We plan to take coffee and food to the parking lot of our local, small town WalMart for those who do walk out. My bet is that you and other brainless rw's will do is shop there because what you want is to sell out your own country and your fellow citizens.

Keep China green, shop WalMart.

It's not about being lazy. Wal-mart treats their employees like dirt. They pay a decent enough wage for unskilled labor, but they're assholes.

The real problem with this is that its a buyer's market out there. The WalMart employees have every right to be treated with decency and honesty but WalMart will continue to go right on cheating them and much worse because for every worker who walks out, the are dozens willing to put up with the worst. And, the worst is what WalMart is.

We plan to take coffee and food to the parking lot of our local, small town WalMart for those who do walk out. My bet is that you and other brainless rw's will do is shop there because what you want is to sell out your own country and your fellow citizens.

No. Not really.

If you think your employer sucks, just leave.

It's a free country.

A 2005 study of government assistance found that just California Wal-Mart employees and their families alone utilize an additional $54 million in non-health related federal assistance, including food stamps, the Earned Income Tax Credit, subsidized school lunches, and subsidized housing. Way more of California Wal-Mart employees and their families were eligible for government assistance than were utilizing it. Then add in the $Billion+ burden that their employees are to the health-care system that they don't pay for.

Wal-Mart is also a burden on state governments. According to a study by the Institute for Labor and Employment at the University of California, Berkeley, in 2003 California taxpayers subsidized $20.5 million worth of medical care for Wal-Mart employees. This does not include local assistance.

Investigators documented 244 Wal-Mart subsidy deals with a total value of $1.008 billion. Taxpayer dollars have helped individual stores and distribution centers with everything from free or cut-price land to general grants. One example: in Sharon Springs, N.Y., a distribution center made a deal with an industrial development agency for the agency to hold the legal title to the facility so the corporation could evade property taxes. They estimates that Wal-Mart will save about $46 million over the life of this one agreement.

Wal-Mart is on the Government dole raising my taxes. Every Wal-Mart store is costing tax payers about a million dollars. They have 9,000 stores in the USA costing us tax payers $9 Billion. Walmart makes $16 Billion in profits a year & cry about paying taxes. Walmart can pay the $9 billion they are costing us tax payers without having to raise any prices in their stores. It's time they paid their own way just like I have to.

Gubmint handouts are not Walmart's concern or fault, commie.

It's my concern & it is about to be their concern soon. I am beyond done with paying for their workers & special tax deals so Walmart can rob me the tax payer & them the workers of our wealth. This shit will end one way or another. If I don't shop there my taxes should not be taken to support Walmart & their employees.

Same goes for all retailers, restaurant & fast food chains. Stop shitting on tax payers & workers & pay your own bills just like I do or I will continue to vote for people who will shit on you.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
A 2005 study of government assistance found that just California Wal-Mart employees and their families alone utilize an additional $54 million in non-health related federal assistance, including food stamps, the Earned Income Tax Credit, subsidized school lunches, and subsidized housing. Way more of California Wal-Mart employees and their families were eligible for government assistance than were utilizing it. Then add in the $Billion+ burden that their employees are to the health-care system that they don't pay for.

Wal-Mart is also a burden on state governments. According to a study by the Institute for Labor and Employment at the University of California, Berkeley, in 2003 California taxpayers subsidized $20.5 million worth of medical care for Wal-Mart employees. This does not include local assistance.

Investigators documented 244 Wal-Mart subsidy deals with a total value of $1.008 billion. Taxpayer dollars have helped individual stores and distribution centers with everything from free or cut-price land to general grants. One example: in Sharon Springs, N.Y., a distribution center made a deal with an industrial development agency for the agency to hold the legal title to the facility so the corporation could evade property taxes. They estimates that Wal-Mart will save about $46 million over the life of this one agreement.

Wal-Mart is on the Government dole raising my taxes. Every Wal-Mart store is costing tax payers about a million dollars. They have 9,000 stores in the USA costing us tax payers $9 Billion. Walmart makes $16 Billion in profits a year & cry about paying taxes. Walmart can pay the $9 billion they are costing us tax payers without having to raise any prices in their stores. It's time they paid their own way just like I have to.

It's my concern & it is about to be their concern soon. I am beyond done with paying for their workers so Walmart can rob me the tax payer & them the workers of our wealth. This shit will end one way or another. If I don't shop there my taxes should not be taken to support Walmart & their employees.

Same goes for all retailers, restaurant & fast food chains. Stop shitting on tax payers & workers & pay your own bills just like I do or I will continue to vote for people who will shit on you.

Great! Hope you don't mind cutting the checks!

If only the unions could force Wal Mart to close like they forced Hostess to liquidate. It will be a great day.

No. Not really.

If you think your employer sucks, just leave.

It's a free country.

The store managers will be sure to assist those strikers.... in leaving...

Social services, the DMV and postal service are always looking for qualified "progressives" not interested in a real job.............

It's my concern & it is about to be their concern soon. I am beyond done with paying for their workers so Walmart can rob me the tax payer & them the workers of our wealth. This shit will end one way or another. If I don't shop there my taxes should not be taken to support Walmart & their employees.

we already are, moron.

we already are, moron.

Not Walmart's problem that Lefthards give handouts for everything.

Do you have an Obamaphone as of yet?

we already are, moron.

Don't worry cart boy, the parking lot still needs the carriages rounded up, Your job is safe.

we already are, moron.

Not Walmart's problem that Lefthards give handouts for everything.

Do you have an Obamaphone as of yet?

Wal-Mart is larger than 10% of the US retail economy. It is likely that Wal-Mart drug over 100% of that sector into the welfare state. They also influence our elected officials into supporting them with my tax dollars. I will save money if they went out of business.

The more companies that go under, the better off and more prosperous we will be. Just ask a lib, they know all about how it works.

Wal Mart should identify all the agitators and sympathizers and fire them immediately.

Forum List

Back