Bitcoin kicking ass

I bought .2 BTC, around the dip after the fork (wish I bought before the fork), at around 6200. I have since almost doubled, and have insulated myself by pocketing my original investment (almost, if it goes to zero, I’m out only 100). If it dips around 5000 again, I’ll probably pull out, and still have made 400. As far as when to sell, I’m going to ride it out, keep watching, I’m looking to see what it does mid 2018, and will re-evaluate, and go from there. 25,000 by the end 2018 is a modest bull projection...and I will be perfectly happy with that. Some go as high as 40,000, which also wouldn’t surprise me. But like I said, I’m gonna keep an eye on it and evaluate as I go.

So you invested roughly $1200, have sold 0.1 bitcoin, still own 0.1 bitcoin. Are my numbers accurate?

He's probably shopping for a second home......
Jesus listen to yourself so much animosity towards something not even involving you. Clearly you’re either jealous and just want this to fail, or you’re just afraid of change, and also want this to fail. Go ahead and jump in line, it’s a long one, but y’all have been saying that all these milestones that big coin have been blowing away were never going to be possible. Perhaps it’s time to reevaluate, that doesn’t mean you have to love it. But you seem to have a lot more hate than normal for an open source, unhackable, free, revolutionary new technology, that by the way has also made a lot of people, a lot of money.

Again I’m only playing around with money that I’m comfortable loosing, and have already insulated myself from loss. And a grand in a month and a half isn’t chump change. That’s a very nice return. I have only ever recommended people only putting in money they don’t mind losing. Am I bullish about this yes, I have also recommended people do their own research, and not just from the pro crypto people. My stance has always been, it’s wise to throw money you don’t mind loosing into it, just in case all the bears are wrong about it (like they have been, over and over and over). Even if 5% of the world starts using bitcoin...that would be massive.

Jesus listen to yourself so much animosity towards something not even involving you.

No animosity here. Just stunned by your huge profits.

but y’all have been saying that all these milestones that big coin have been blowing away were never going to be possible.

I didn't say anything about bitcoin hitting or not hitting any price level. Ever.
When you've got a billion possible Chinese suckers...I mean "investors" in bitcoin, it could do anything.

But you seem to have a lot more hate than normal for an open source, unhackable, free, revolutionary new technology

Too bad all the exchanges didn't have unhackable technology, eh?

And a grand in a month and a half isn’t chump change.

You bet. Ride 'em cowboy!!!
So, both my banks got hacked, as well as practically half the US entire credit system...as well as yahoo, target, Uber, should I go on. Yea some exchanges got hacked, but bitcoin is still unhackable. And if you’re that worried, make a Blockchain wallet.

And yea I’m pretty happy with 90% ROI in a month and a half, dang you really got me there. I guess all I could buy with that is a stick of gum right? Please now your just acting like a child. Go stomp your feet elsewhere.

So, both my banks got hacked,

How much of your money was lost?
How many bitcoins were lost when Mt Gox was hacked?

Yea some exchanges got hacked, but bitcoin is still unhackable.

Great, all your bitcoins are stolen, but bitcoin can't be hacked.......LOL!

I think you just proved you have no idea you know what you are talking about. ROI means return on investment. Bitcoin is an investment just like any other. The ROI is what is different.

It is a speculation bubble. The majority of bitcoins are owned by very few people. Take a look at this chart. It is a bit outdated (sept, 17), but the dynamics are even more true now. What you’ll see is there are over 25 million bitcoin owners, and the top 1% own over half of all bitcoins.
Are you in the Bitcoin 1% ? A New Model of the Distribution of Bitcoin Wealth
View attachment 164315

The guys who own 1000’s of bitcoins know that by hoarding them they are causing them to be rare. Rarity is a crucial factor in price. I suspect if half of the owners who own more than 100 bitcoins decided to cash in, the price would tumble. Bitcoin was allegedly designed to be a currency which could not be manipulated by central banks, but it is being manipulated by the early adapters. If it is ever going to become a currency, the conversion price will have to be stable, it will have to be widely held, and widely accepted. None of those things exist. Ergo, it is a entity that is bought and held for speculation.
Lots of investments are speculation bubbles. Most stock in a company is held by the company. I dont get your point and what it had to do with my point regarding ROI?

You can’t have a return on investment until you sell the investment. The majority of bitcoins have never been sold or exchanged. They are just sitting in the owners’ wallets. Their investment is up, but they have not realized the return. And I suspect they never will, because as they make more bitcoins available for sale, the price will drop, simple supply and demand.
Thats BS. The guy that got me in buys and sales daily. If I were to cash out right now I will have more than doubled my original investment. The reason I am not cashing out now is because of the technology behind Bitcoin and the growth that is going to follow. Also the supply of Bitcoin is finite. I forgot when but the last Bitcoin will be mined somewhere in the not to distant future. FYI. Bit coin is just one of the crypto currencies I invest in. It just happens to be the most lucrative and stable. In the near future you will see companies issuing IPOs based on this stuff.

Did you say bitcoin is the most stable? Perhaps you and I have a different opinion of what stability is. The chart of bitcoin is hyperbolic, that is not stable by definition. If it is the most stable, well that doesn’t say much for the other Cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin has been a great investment for people who have held it. But it is a classic bubble, and before it can be widely used as a currency it will have to have a consistent/stable exchange versus other currencies, and it will have to be widely held. Right now it is neither. The cost of bitcoin in dollars can swing 10-15% per day. Stable? Hey, if you make money holding, good for you. At what price will you sell? When will you realize the gain, when will you be willing to pay the taxes? Like all investments, bitcoin depends on not only a good entrance strategy, but also a good exit strategy. I was investing during the late 90’s. I saw the dotcom bubble. This looks very similar to me. Why anybody would ever use bitcoin today as a currency is beyond me. The bitcoin you spend today could be worth $1000 more tomorrow. The bitcoin a merchant accepts could be worth $1000 less tomorrow.
And they’ve been calling it a bubble on the verge of bursting since it reached 2000. And it wasn’t supposed to ever reach 4000, or 5000, or 6000, 8000. Why have they been getting it wrong? Well I think it’s because they are looking at it like its a stock. If this was a stock doing this, I’d say get the fuck out now. It’s different.

The best way I can describe how to think about it, is a brand new stock market, that very very few people have joined in. Of course all the stocks are going to still be low, since there’s not a lot of money flowing into it. But as it more and more use it, it grows and grows, and the stocks go up. What sets this apart from the stock market is that the number of people investing in it stays roughly the same, and they are investing between thousands of different companies. And usually you need a good amount of dough play around with to get in and be successful in the stocks. In crypto, there’s like 3 big companies (thinking in stock market terms), and only a minut fraction of the potential people playing around in it today. All you need is a smartphone to join in, people in India and China making 10 bucks a day can join in. Grandpa can join in, a high schooler can join in. And it’s steadily gaining more and more traction and that’s what we’re seeing.

If you look back to the chart from June to July, we’ll that looked parabolic, now looking at it in total, it looks linear, same from July to sept, looks linear now compared to today even though it looked like a rocket ship at the time. What I’m saying is that this could be still pretty early in the flat part of the parabola. And it’s supposed to go up on the CME this month, that’s only going to jump it up further, add more confidence, and even more and more users, until financial counselors start telling their clients, “hey let’s think about buying into this, there’s only a limited amount and it’s important to get some good market share now while we can.” Then bigger money starts dipping their toes in. Now Wall Street has to pay attention and they jump in. Now you got banks and whatnot starting to use crypto futures.

This could be just the start of juggernaut from X-men walking.

Or I could be wrong, but above is why it’s a good idea to dip your toes in now, especially before it hits the CME.

So you invested roughly $1200, have sold 0.1 bitcoin, still own 0.1 bitcoin. Are my numbers accurate?

Jesus listen to yourself so much animosity towards something not even involving you. Clearly you’re either jealous and just want this to fail, or you’re just afraid of change, and also want this to fail. Go ahead and jump in line, it’s a long one, but y’all have been saying that all these milestones that big coin have been blowing away were never going to be possible. Perhaps it’s time to reevaluate, that doesn’t mean you have to love it. But you seem to have a lot more hate than normal for an open source, unhackable, free, revolutionary new technology, that by the way has also made a lot of people, a lot of money.

Again I’m only playing around with money that I’m comfortable loosing, and have already insulated myself from loss. And a grand in a month and a half isn’t chump change. That’s a very nice return. I have only ever recommended people only putting in money they don’t mind losing. Am I bullish about this yes, I have also recommended people do their own research, and not just from the pro crypto people. My stance has always been, it’s wise to throw money you don’t mind loosing into it, just in case all the bears are wrong about it (like they have been, over and over and over). Even if 5% of the world starts using bitcoin...that would be massive.

Jesus listen to yourself so much animosity towards something not even involving you.

but y’all have been saying that all these milestones that big coin have been blowing away were never going to be possible.

I didn't say anything about bitcoin hitting or not hitting any price level. Ever.
When you've got a billion possible Chinese suckers...I mean "investors" in bitcoin, it could do anything.

But you seem to have a lot more hate than normal for an open source, unhackable, free, revolutionary new technology

So, both my banks got hacked, as well as practically half the US entire credit system...as well as yahoo, target, Uber, should I go on. Yea some exchanges got hacked, but bitcoin is still unhackable. And if you’re that worried, make a Blockchain wallet.

And yea I’m pretty happy with 90% ROI in a month and a half, dang you really got me there. I guess all I could buy with that is a stick of gum right? Please now your just acting like a child. Go stomp your feet elsewhere.

Don’t know don’t care. There’s ways to move bitcoins off exchanges and guess what...it’s gonna be way safer than a bank hands down.

Don’t use shitty exchanges and if your that worried, move to a Blockchain Wallet. Not a hard problem to solve, and lesson learned in the infancy of bitcoin.

Don’t know don’t care. There’s ways to move bitcoins off exchanges and guess what...it’s gonna be way safer than a bank hands down.

Don’t use shitty exchanges and if your that worried, move to a Blockchain Wallet. Not a hard problem to solve, and lesson learned in the infancy of bitcoin.

Don't lose your wallet or forget your password.

Don't lose your wallet or forget your password.
I won’t, not a hard problem to solve.

The extent to which Britain’s fast-growing network of Bitcoin cash machines is being exploited by drug gangs can be revealed today.

Shopkeepers have described to the Mail how teenagers ‘reeking of drugs’ deposit wads of £50 notes into their digital currency terminals.

Up to four in five of those using the new ATMs are suspected drug dealers, one said.

Read more: Teens reeking of drugs fill Bitcoin ATMs with £50 notes | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The extent to which Britain’s fast-growing network of Bitcoin cash machines is being exploited by drug gangs can be revealed today.

Shopkeepers have described to the Mail how teenagers ‘reeking of drugs’ deposit wads of £50 notes into their digital currency terminals.

Up to four in five of those using the new ATMs are suspected drug dealers, one said.

Read more: Teens reeking of drugs fill Bitcoin ATMs with £50 notes | Daily Mail Online
Oh my god, teens are buying weed now?

Oh my god, teens are buying weed now?
The it facilitates crime angle is ramping up.....seeing these more often......we'll have to ban it...for the children

You do realize most $100 bill in existence have traces of cocaine on them from being used in drug deals right?

90 percent of U.S. bills carry traces of cocaine - CNN.com

Bitcoin doesnt stop criminals from using it. Money is money.

You do realize most $100 bill in existence have traces of cocaine on them from being used in drug deals right?

And the hundred is slated for retirement too,,,,,wouldnt do to haVE CASH AVAILABLE when they want to force you into digital money

And the hundred is slated for retirement too,,,,,wouldnt do to haVE CASH AVAILABLE when they want to force you into digital money
What do you think US cash is backed by? Just curious.

`
`

As an investment, I just made a bundle selling off my bitcoin shares. For my purposes however, I like tangible gold in my possession.

If you think the moneyprinters are going to let you flee their clutches without a war....you're a fool..........

If you think the moneyprinters are going to let you flee their clutches without a war....you're a fool..........
There wont be a war. They'll just find a way to make money off of it. They cant stop it so they'll just join in.

There wont be a war. They'll just find a way to make money off of it. They cant stop it so they'll just join in.
Of course they can stop it......all ya need is the inevitable sudden decrease and the call for regulation will start.....once that happens only a matter of time

Of course they can stop it......all ya need is the inevitable sudden decrease and the call for regulation will start.....once that happens only a matter of time
Even if they regulate it so what? Won’t that create more confidence for many?

They regulate US dollars now but they cant stop how people use the cash. Even if they did regulate..it would probably explode at that point.

Even if they regulate it so what? Won’t that create more confidence for many?
Object will be to regulate into oblivion or take it over ......what goes up must come down

Forum List

Back