Is anyone watching Bitcoin? It's over 61,000 this morning!

Seems to be more of a millenial and Gen. Z thing, I know very little about Bitcoin and I simply don't trust that any money made having it has any actual value.

Bitcoin is only one currency, there a bunch of other digital currencies one can invest in too. I don't trust any of them.

Seems to be more of a millenial and Gen. Z thing, I know very little about Bitcoin and I simply don't trust that any money made having it has any actual value.

Bitcoin is only one currency, there a bunch of other digital currencies one can invest in too. I don't trust any of them.
There has to be BIG money behind BC not just Gen Z ers driving it. I'm aware of the other cryptos I actually made a few bucks in Etherium just playing around awhile back. But I would never put a significant amount of money in.

I have never understood who and what is driving bitcoin to these incredible levels. Anyone have any insights or theories? It's not the kind of thing I invest in but I hope somebody out there is making money on it.
Touched 64k before it hit a technical hitch .
There will be hiccups along the way but with halving this year it would be most surprising if it did not hit 100 000 sometime this year .
And thank you , it ensures I have a smile most of the time as I picked up the bulk of my holding between 6 and 8 000

I have never understood who and what is driving bitcoin to these incredible levels. Anyone have any insights or theories? It's not the kind of thing I invest in but I hope somebody out there is making money on it.
I wish I would’ve invested when it was down to 20,000 about a year and a half ago. But then again the Dwac Trump stock has made something like four or five times what it was worth about two months ago. So there’s other stocks out there they have made even more of a gain.

One idea perhaps is that the American economy is still struggling the price of homes are really high. There’s some problems with the middle-class, so perhaps this is bringing up the price of cryptocurrency. I don’t know though I don’t have the exact answers. Frankly, I don’t know who does.

I do have over half of a Ethereum coin. But then again I had 2.5 Ethereum coins but I sold almost 2 of them. Ethereum is the second biggest cryptocurrency behind bitcoin, and it is up quite a bit too. I bought Ethereum coin at about 1600 a coin and it has now doubled and is worth 3400 a coin

Some forecasters are saying that bitcoin could hit his high as 150,000 and 2024. But of course it’s a gamble. And you could buy a coin right now or even 10% of a coin right now and within a few months, it could be worth only 25,000 per coin who knows. I don’t have the answers, and frankly nobody can predict the future of stock.

Only thing that is guaranteed are the people who have insider information like a lot of politicians who know when a company is about to do something that will affect the stock price … or when managers of companies collude with each other…

But there are successful and legit stockbrokers though who have a high percentage of profit return. But even they suffer losses at times getting things wrong …and taking advice from them on buying individual stocks, does not always guarantee a profit.

Which is exactly why you should stay the hell away from it.

Buy stock in real companies making real products or providing real services not imaginary coins

Buy stock in real companies making real products or providing real services not imaginary coins

About as wrong about something as it it is possible to be .

Remind me when the markets have imploded and the dollar has been massacred later this year and banks have gone under .

BTC , Etherium etc are owned by the successful and also intelligent people .
Do you really imagine they have all gone mad over the same thing and at the same time ?
And that for the first time the weak and poor have got something right ?
If you do , jump back into that Univers because it is not this one

Touched 64k before it hit a technical hitch .
There will be hiccups along the way but with halving this year it would be most surprising if it did not hit 100 000 sometime this year .
And thank you , it ensures I have a smile most of the time as I picked up the bulk of my holding between 6 and 8 000
Good for you! I just haven't dug into it enough to put serious money in. The whole concept of bitcoin, mining, a fixed total number of "bitcoins" etc. is just too bizarre for me.

Leave it to a MAGA MAGGOT to follow money that does not exist. Go ahead fool, please invest your life savings. I'll see you in the soup kitchen line.

Unless one bought it at about 15 to 20,000 per coin about a year and a half ago. Some of those folks made millions.

It’s real money and people make it. There are of course other “legitimate” stock companies that have utterly crashed and burned in cost folks their life savings.

I’ve watched this cycle now for a few years where people who don’t have any cryptocurrency are saying “stay away from it” And then within time the coin doubles or triples. Hell people have been saying this for 10 years and back then you can get a bitcoin for something like $5000. Now that is worth over 60,000.

Yes, the coin can crash but that can happen to “regular companies” overnight.

The bottom line is what money people can make. Folks who bought an Ethereum coin for $100 and sold it at 1500 or 3500 made millions. They already have the money so it means little or nothing what happens in the future to the coin for their sake.

Similar to if a person invested in a so-called regular non-cryptocurrency company. Maybe they buy a share for five bucks some years down the road it goes up to $100 and they make a killing they’ve sold all their stock and then the same company goes bankrupt at some point in the future. It doesn’t matter for the individual they’ve already made their money.

cryptocurrency has created quite a few millionaires.

I have some I don't look at it
It's all leftover profit anyway
Crashes rises crashes rises

Nice

Soon 1 will be worth half a million marks ........I mean dollars

:p

About as wrong about something as it it is possible to be .

Remind me when the markets have imploded and the dollar has been massacred later this year and banks have gone under .

BTC , Etherium etc are owned by the successful and also intelligent people .
Do you really imagine they have all gone mad over the same thing and at the same time ?
And that for the first time the weak and poor have got something right ?
If you do , jump back into that Univers because it is not this one
Yes.
Smart people do all kinds of things to make money

Bit coin is not just fiat currency it is far more speculative fiat currency where your purchasing power can disappear overnight. It's an exercise in game theory at best

The volatility alone makes it an extremely risky investment and anyone basing their portfolios on it will have far less control over their finances than those who don't.

What is the purpose of investing for the average person? It's not riding the waves of volatile stocks it's accumulation of actual value then preserving that value so as to fund one's lifestyle. It's a long term strategy.

Unless one bought it at about 15 to 20,000 per coin about a year and a half ago. Some of those folks made millions.

It’s real money and people make it. There are of course other “legitimate” stock companies that have utterly crashed and burned in cost folks their life savings.

I’ve watched this cycle now for a few years where people who don’t have any cryptocurrency are saying “stay away from it” And then within time the coin doubles or triples. Hell people have been saying this for 10 years and back then you can get a bitcoin for something like $5000. Now that is worth over 60,000.

Yes, the coin can crash but that can happen to “regular companies” overnight.
Some folks made millions on the lottery too but that only cost them a buck

If you want to gamble put your money in a speculative nonexistent thing and pray you get lucky go ahead.

I didn't base my investment strategy on luck.

Some folks made millions on the lottery too but that only cost them a buck

If you want to gamble put your money in a speculative nonexistent thing and pray you get lucky go ahead.

I didn't base my investment strategy on luck.
There’s a big difference. The lottery has one in the millions of chance of winning.

Bitcoin is entirely different. It has created many many more millionaires even folks who have made $10,000 or more compared to the lottery. We’re talking about a huge difference.

Traditional ways of making money like opening up a restaurant is extremely. Some 50% of restaurants fail in the first year.

I’m not advocating for bitcoin. But the idea that it is somehow total luck is inaccurate. folks spend countless hours studying the trends of the various coins.

Yes.
Smart people do all kinds of things to make money

Bit coin is not just fiat currency it is far more speculative fiat currency where your purchasing power can disappear overnight. It's an exercise in game theory at best

The volatility alone makes it an extremely risky investment and anyone basing their portfolios on it will have far less control over their finances than those who don't.

What is the purpose of investing for the average person? It's not riding the waves of volatile stocks it's accumulation of actual value then preserving that value so as to fund one's lifestyle. It's a long term strategy.
Never put all of your eggs in one basket. People could simply put a certain percentage of their investing money into bitcoin. Of course that’s if they’re lucky to have it. Most Americans don’t have the money for stocks let alone $1000 emergency. Something like 57% of Americans can’t afford an emergency for a few thousand dollars.

It’s a tough time for the middle class these days

Forum List

Back