Bill Maher Insults Troops - Again

again... for reasons I consider well supported and well thought out, I firmly believe that the foreign policy of the Bush administration regarding Iraq and the middle east in general is fatally flawed, and the administration's execution of that foreign policy is inept and incompetent. I would feel EXACTLY the same way, and voice my dissent for that policy and execution thereof if it were that of a liberal democratic president.

I am a partisan lifelong democrat, but my profound disdain for this foreign policy that has led us into Iraq transcends party.

I am happy to hear you admit you are a Democrat. The first step on the road to recovery is to admit you have a problem

So far the crowd at the pro terrorist rally is small. The liberal media are scratching their pointy heads trying to come up with some spin to explain why

Saving American Lives? Not in my Name!
A surprised interviewer got a glimpse at the face of true evil last week when Vice peeResident SElect Dick "Torquemada" Cheney, whose daughter is a lesbian, boasted that he would dunk a terrorist in water if it would save "American lives" of all things.

American lives? I cannot place enough exclamation points at the end of this sentence to adequately express my outrage!!!!!!!

Put aside for a moment that fact that American lives are not Cheney's to save; but are they even worth saving? Does a society that would sanction the dunking of an innocent terrorist for the sake of self-preservation even deserve to exist?

As a patriotic liberal who spent the weekend vainly hoping his underwear would dry through his pants, I couldn't live with myself knowing that somewhere out there someone was going through the same unspeakable torture just to protect the lives of people who are vastly inferior to me. I encourage other progressives who feel the same way to join their shrill voices with mine and demand that that no more terrorists are dunked, doused, drenched, or moistened in our names. The lives of the American people are simply not worth it.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/socalled_terrorism/index.html

and I do not think that, simply because George Bush was briefly a fighter pilot with the Texas Air National Guard training in a plane he KNEW would never be deployed to Vietnam over thirty years ago, I must therefore REFRAIN from voicing my profound disagreement with this flawed policy for fear of being accused of "disrespecting" a fellow veteran. I do not disrespect his past military service in the least. I merely vehemently disagree with his PRESENT performance.

I never have attempted to stifle any legitimate criticism in any way of any persons who have in the past or currently serve in the military. We are nto above reproach, and our every word scrutinized by others, and amongst ourselves as vets. All of us are guilty of the cynical scrutinization of each other, looking for the fraud.

My stance, and comments, are directed toward kneejerk and baseless insults that have no basis in fact and exist merely as a tit-for-tat personal insult, questioning the integrity of others in lieu of a legitimate argument pertaining to the topic.

Questioning President Bush's military service is far different than caveating the question with "in a plane he KNEW would never be deployed to Vietnam over thirty years ago..."

Bush was in fact trained to fly the F-102; which DID see service in Vietnam. There was no guarantee he wouldn't go, as many a National Guard unit did serve in Vietnam.

Further, a couple of my father's friends were F-102 pilots out of NAS Key West in the late 60s, and both went to Vietnam as F-100 pilots. So it isn't like he couldn't have been cross-trained as well.

IF Bush joined the Texas ANG in an attempt to avoid going directly to Vietnam, this would differentiate him from a most everyone else who served in the Guard or Reserve at the time HOW?

He came from money, and the fact is, throught US history, people with money and power use it to their advantage during times of war. During the US Civil War, for instance, once could actually purchase one's way out with cash.

But, the difference in the argument of Bush's service compared to Kerry's is quite simple, and obvious, to me. Bush didn't attempt to use his former military service as a qualifier for the Presidency. Kerry tried to base his entire premise for qualification on his.

A knowledgeable and objective person would vote for the President in 2004 based on Kerry's and Bush's respective records while holding office up to that time, not because of something they did way-back-when that was completely irrelevant to what they doing at the time, IMO.

I never have attempted to stifle any legitimate criticism in any way of any persons who have in the past or currently serve in the military. We are nto above reproach, and our every word scrutinized by others, and amongst ourselves as vets. All of us are guilty of the cynical scrutinization of each other, looking for the fraud.

My stance, and comments, are directed toward kneejerk and baseless insults that have no basis in fact and exist merely as a tit-for-tat personal insult, questioning the integrity of others in lieu of a legitimate argument pertaining to the topic.

Questioning President Bush's military service is far different than caveating the question with "in a plane he KNEW would never be deployed to Vietnam over thirty years ago..."

Bush was in fact trained to fly the F-102; which DID see service in Vietnam. There was no guarantee he wouldn't go, as many a National Guard unit did serve in Vietnam.

Further, a couple of my father's friends were F-102 pilots out of NAS Key West in the late 60s, and both went to Vietnam as F-100 pilots. So it isn't like he couldn't have been cross-trained as well.

IF Bush joined the Texas ANG in an attempt to avoid going directly to Vietnam, this would differentiate him from a most everyone else who served in the Guard or Reserve at the time HOW?

He came from money, and the fact is, throught US history, people with money and power use it to their advantage during times of war. During the US Civil War, for instance, once could actually purchase one's way out with cash.

But, the difference in the argument of Bush's service compared to Kerry's is quite simple, and obvious, to me. Bush didn't attempt to use his former military service as a qualifier for the Presidency. Kerry tried to base his entire premise for qualification on his.

A knowledgeable and objective person would vote for the President in 2004 based on Kerry's and Bush's respective records while holding office up to that time, not because of something they did way-back-when that was completely irrelevant to what they doing at the time, IMO.

actually Gunny...thje Air force announced that it would no longer deploy the F-102 to any forward deployed bases before Bush chose the aircraft.

and I agree completely with your analysis of the overuse of his 30 year old military record by Kerry.... I thought he was a weak candidate for my party to put forth...I was always a Wes Clark supporter.

actually Gunny...thje Air force announced that it would no longer deploy the F-102 to any forward deployed bases before Bush chose the aircraft.

and I agree completely with your analysis of the overuse of his 30 year old military record by Kerry.... I thought he was a weak candidate for my party to put forth...I was always a Wes Clark supporter.

Clark was even weaker. He reminds me of Sgt Schultz in Hogans Heroes

Kerry was the best you had to offer - whioch tells you how low your party has sunk

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/history/q0185.shtml

This is the source for my info.

From what I saw of Clark, I didn't care much for him. I didn't pay too much attention since Kerry was the frontrunner and hogging most of the media from the start.

So who's the best the Republicans have to offer in 2008? It must be a secret to this point; otherwise, you need to start working on 2012.

I like Rudy right now. He is doing well and he is creaming the Dems front runners

I know it is early, but I do not see Hillery or Obama winning

I like Rudy right now. He is doing well and he is creaming the Dems front runners

I know it is early, but I do not see Hillery or Obama winning

Guilliani cannot carry the Republican party and conservative votes to win. IMO, the only one who has a chance is Fred Thompson, IF he decides to toss his hat in the ring.

Guilliani cannot carry the Republican party and conservative votes to win. IMO, the only one who has a chance is Fred Thompson, IF he decides to toss his hat in the ring.

I'd like to see Thompson enter, just now sure he can raise enough $$$.

Have you seen the polls lately?

Fred would be a good running mate for Rudy

From what I saw of Clark, I didn't care much for him. I didn't pay too much attention since Kerry was the frontrunner and hogging most of the media from the start.

the last F-102 squadron left Vietnam in December opf 1969.... and the announcement that the aircraft would be replaced by the F-4 had been made several months before. George Bush began training on the F-102 in December of 1969.

Pretty sad when you can't toss your name in almost two years out. Wonder when we're going to get to the part where they start campaigning during their swearing in?

They already do

But I though McCain took care of all that with his unconstitutional campaign finance reform bill

the last F-102 squadron left Vietnam in December opf 1969.... and the announcement that the aircraft would be replaced by the F-4 had been made several months before. George Bush began training on the F-102 in December of 1969.

But if his service began in 1968, the chain of events was put in motion before the decision ot not use the fighter in Vietnam was made.

Also, the F-102 was used into the 70s for Cold War ops in regard to Cuba. TXANG pilots routinely patrolled the Gulf of Mexico. Not the same degree of difficulty, but at the time just as important a mission during the height of our hostilities with Cuba.

MCCain is as responsible for the current implosion of the Republican party as anyone with all his bullshit, maverick dissent and divisiveness.

That is why libs love him. Have you ever seen Chris Matthews bow before him on his show?

Anytime the libs have anything kind to say about a Republican, it is time to worry

That is why libs love him. Have you ever seen Chris Matthews bow before him on his show?

Anytime the libs have anything kind to say about a Republican, it is time to worry

McCain is a perfect example of a Republican that can't carry the Republican and conservative vote. He's just going to do what he does best ... divide.

McCain is a perfect example of a Republican that can't carry the Republican and conservative vote. He's just going to do what he does best ... divide.

He will play a very minor part (if any) in the process

Rudy is the man to beat. As he speaks more and more his support will grow and the Dems are very scared of him

But if his service began in 1968, the chain of events was put in motion before the decision ot not use the fighter in Vietnam was made.

Also, the F-102 was used into the 70s for Cold War ops in regard to Cuba. TXANG pilots routinely patrolled the Gulf of Mexico. Not the same degree of difficulty, but at the time just as important a mission during the height of our hostilities with Cuba.

he did not have to chose his aircraft until after the decision to pull it from Nam had already been made...

and I will grant you that George Bush well and faithfully protected our southern flank by flying patrol missions over the Gulf of Mexico - until he failed to report for his flight physical and lost his flight status....and then got let go early, all the while other pilots were being shot from the skies over Vietnam.....

Forum List

Back