Bill Maher......Degenerate

There was a Canadian flick the postulated the assassination of George W. Bush. I thought it was an awful thing to do..and very disrespectful.
So what? How does that compare to Beck spewing his bullshit 4 hours a day?

It doesn't.

But there were some things on Bush, put up by leftists that were pretty bad. I wouldn't say they came anywhere near what the right wing does..but not acknowledging it is pretty dishonest.

There is no comparison between fringe Leftwing kooks, whether it's Code Pink, or some low budget filmmaker in Britain - Britain, fer fuck's sake! - and mainstream big money hosts of 4 hour per day propaganda vehicles that spew lies and distortions about the Left/Obama.

None. I'm surprised that you would see any similarities.

It's not Maher's political positions that bother me so much, though he's often wrong. It's his smug self-assured belief that he's superior to other mere mortals (particularly those who disagree with him). Give me a Stewart or Colbert any day.

Like this shit...

David Carr | Maher | Low Sloping Foreheads | RealClearPolitics

Oh, yes. New Jersey---bastion of intellectuals like Pauli, Snookie, and the Situation, and don't even get me started on their corrupt, moronic politicians.

This makes no sense. You slam Maher, then point to a video of David Carr as your proof?

And as for New Jersey, all of entertainment's best comes from Jersey or Canada. 'Jersey Shore' cast notwithstanding.

You start looking up great actors and entertainers and you will see that most, by far, are from Jersey. Like Jon Stewart, in fact.

You are correct about their politicians, though. From both parties.

Still bitterly clinging to that lie, huh?

Any of you bozos ever going to get around to proving it, or is it just an article of faith for you?
Just because you say it's a lie doesn't make it so.
Then you shouldn't have any trouble proving your assertion, should you?

You'll understand if I don't hold my breath.
There's plenty of indirect evidence. Just like Casey Anthony. I guess you believe she's innocent because they didn't come up with a smoking gun, right?

This makes no sense. You slam Maher, then point to a video of David Carr as your proof?

If you'd watched the video, you'd have seen that Maher referred to Kansas as a "not smart" state, and New Jersey as a "smart" state. Perhaps, before commenting that something doesn't make sense, you could actually know what you're talking about in the first place? kthxbai.

:lol:
Beck's a Libertarian and he's a "kook"

Maher's a Libertarian and he's funny and cool???

:lol: :lol:

Beck is a conspiracy theorist, end-of-the-world, nutcase...Maher is not.
I'm just recapping the wisdoms I learned from this thread.

So, is it a good thing or bad thing to be a Libertarian?
:confused:

It's a good thing to be a libertarian. Neither Beck or Maher are libertarians from my perspective. Beck likes to call himself one because there are certain libertarian views he likes, but he is a social conservative. Same with Maher, there are certain views he likes, but he is a liberal.

If you'd watched the video, you'd have seen that Maher referred to Kansas as a "not smart" state, and New Jersey as a "smart" state. Perhaps, before commenting that something doesn't make sense, you could actually know what you're talking about in the first place? kthxbai.

Well, Kansas IS a "not smart" state, and New Jersey IS a "smart" state, so I don't see the problem!

Well, Kansas IS a "not smart" state, and New Jersey IS a "smart" state, so I don't see the problem!

If Jersey Shore is any indication of intelligence, you are incorrect.

If Jersey Shore is any indication of intelligence, you are incorrect.
It's not.

My experiences in Jersey suggest that you aren't smart enough to know how not smart you really are. It's a classic example of really stupid people thinking they're smart. Not to mention really hideous douchebags thinking they're super hot.

Can't wait to see Billy Maher's face while he watches Obama as Obama looks at Bachmann while Bachmann is being sworn in.
Marines for Bachmann!

Which Marines?

Because my read that marines come in all shapes and colors.

And Bachmann only likes the white, hetero christians ones.

I may be wrong.

Are Marines only white, hetero and christian?

All Marines are Green, Lean, Fighting Machines. There is no skin color problem in the Marine Corps. If you had any guts you would go find that out for yourself. When your rifle jams you don't notice the skin color of the Marine that has your back. It's funny, only liberal pukes like you Shallow notice skin color. Got a problem do you??????
Marines for Bachmann!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Why ever do Americans think they are entitled to a Tax Refund......sorry and all that but time to repay your DEBT......NO REFUNDS for 400 years,get use to it. :cool:
Taxes are marxism?

For real?

Am thinking thelig knows nothing about American tax laws. Entitled? I agree. Those that receive tax 'refunds' in the form of EIC, etc, who have not paid into the tax system are NOT entitled to a refund.
IMHO of course.

Am also confused as to what this has to do with Bill Maher.

It's not Maher's political positions that bother me so much, though he's often wrong. It's his smug self-assured belief that he's superior to other mere mortals (particularly those who disagree with him). Give me a Stewart or Colbert any day.

Like this shit...

Oh, yes. New Jersey---bastion of intellectuals like Pauli, Snookie, and the Situation, and don't even get me started on their corrupt, moronic politicians.

And as for New Jersey, all of entertainment's best comes from Jersey or Canada. 'Jersey Shore' cast notwithstanding.

You start looking up great actors and entertainers and you will see that most, by far, are from Jersey. Like Jon Stewart, in fact.

Bill Maher thinks Alabama and Nebraska is full of stupid individuals. He probably says the same about Texas.....problem is those states aren't the ones going broke like his is.

So it seems the smart states like New York, New Jersey, and California apply all of their intelligence in the wrong areas because they sure as shit can't keep from going broke.

Like this shit...

Bill Maher thinks Alabama and Nebraska is full of stupid individuals. He probably says the same about Texas.....problem is those states aren't the ones going broke like his is.

So it seems the smart states like New York, New Jersey, and California apply all of their intelligence in the wrong areas because they sure as shit can't keep from going broke.
Alabama's not going broke??? It took about 10 seconds to find this:

Alabama County's Woes Threaten Its Neighbors - WSJ.com

There are PLENTY more links. I'll bet I can find some for each Red state.

And Blue states pay for Red states, as been proven countless times.

Alabama's not going broke??? It took about 10 seconds to find this:

Alabama County's Woes Threaten Its Neighbors - WSJ.com

There are PLENTY more links. I'll bet I can find some for each Red state.

And Blue states pay for Red states, as been proven countless times.

Horseshit.

You focused on one county. Arguably the most populist one.

Wonder who's running that county? It was mentioned that the state would have to bail Jefferson County out.....which means the state isn't broke.

Jefferson County has been fighting filing what would be the largest municipal bankruptcy in history for roughly three years, thanks to the soured sewer bond deal. Its problems were aggravated when the state Supreme Court ruled in March that the county couldn't collect an employment tax that brought in about one-third of its general fund revenue.

Following that ruling, Jefferson County laid off hundreds of staff last week and will close four of its five courthouses to the public, starting June 27. County police said they will no longer respond to traffic accidents and will take longer to respond to calls because of a reduced work week for its officers.

Such actions and reactions illustrate the risk of investing in Alabama bonds, Mr. Fabian said.

"In contrast to expected behavior by other states, we believe it is far from likely that Alabama would intervene ... to aid any local bond issuers in distress,"
he wrote in a research note.

Because borrowing costs for other nearby municipalities and the state itself tend to soar when a community gets in fiscal stress, states often intervene and sometimes offer financial assistance.

More than half of the states have some sort of active supervision or financial review of local governments, said James Spiotto, a partner in law firm Chapman & Cutler LLP and an expert on laws affecting distressed municipalities.

Alabama, however, is not among them, and its officials have showed little desire to provide assistance to Jefferson County.

This is your link, is it not?

It would be cool if you read your own links before put your foot in your mouth.

Still Winning??????

Last edited:

Forum List

Back