Bill Maher Absolutely Crushes Charlie Rose For Comparing Islam To Christianity

People who like to hate, who need someone to hate, find an easy target in Islam. They can stereotype the entire religion on the actions of a tiny minority. They can twist the facts and realities to suit their hatred. They can feel superior to someone else, despite the fact they are not superior. And so on.
300 million is a large minority actually..... the rest are silent

I virtually never agree with Maher, but I appreciate his opinion. He is not afraid to call out his own. Your comment about it being on Foxnation. Why so surprised? Fox is more tolerant of differing opinions than you think.

Yes. In this instance Maher has it right, sans his nonsense about science and Judeo-Christianity's historical claims regarding miraculous events. It's always fun to observe the atheist's denial of the very things that go to the demonstration of God's existence...

Is Maher an atheist or just a non-religionist?

Political talk shows in a nutshell:

MAHER: Let me finish.

There are so many dashes indicating a cutoff in the transcript that it's almost unfollowable.

Even though message boards tend to have people that engage in projectile vomiting of their verbal diarrhea all over the site with inane, derailing garbage, at least people are able to finish their thoughts.

I virtually never agree with Maher, but I appreciate his opinion. He is not afraid to call out his own. Your comment about it being on Foxnation. Why so surprised? Fox is more tolerant of differing opinions than you think.

Yes. In this instance Maher has it right, sans his nonsense about science and Judeo-Christianity's historical claims regarding miraculous events. It's always fun to observe the atheist's denial of the very things that go to the demonstration of God's existence...

He's an atheist.

It's better to go to the link and watch the short video.

Bill is correct, as always.

BTW - that link, and that headline is from....FOXNATION.com!
4i6Ckte.gif
Maher is completely wrong.

I like Bill Maher, but I don't agree with him on this issue. I don't think it's reasonable to lump over a billion people into one group.

Crazy Evangelicals certainly don't represent all Christian's.

He's a Jew. He's obviously prejudiced against Muslims, as Muslims are prejudiced against Jews. It's a two way street. I doubt he's spent much time, if any, living and working in a Muslim country, having them as neighbors, colleagues, friends, etc. That's my experience, 7 years of it, living and working in Muslim countries with the vast majority of my colleagues and clients being Muslim, with my neighbors being Muslim, with my acquaintances and friends being Muslim. His sweeping generalization that deep down, they are all violent and that Islam is a violent religion displays his intellectual dishonesty. He's dead wrong.

But Bill Maher isn't Jewish (he was raised RC but now rejects religion altogether).
So does the fact that your assumption was incorrect affect your small-minded conclusion?
Perhaps you can explain why ignorant libs automatically assume anyone who disagrees with them or espouses a negative view of Islamists and their apologists must be a Jew?

Not sure what Pew Poll Maher is referencing

^^^ Uncertainty in the wingnut mind quickly becomes...

Maher, as usual, is full of shit.

^^^ Certainty in the wingnut mind.

Poor Synth cannot find the Pew Poll to support the OP:

Haven't looked for it!.

Of course you haven't.....

:eusa_clap:

Bill Maher said it was true, so you naturally believe it.

Pitiful, but amusingly naïve: What a child-like little mind you have.
OK, asshole, I'm saving this since you've now set yourself up to independently back up every statistic in every article you post, or in the threads you post in, in support of.

You should think before you post - just once.

He's an atheist.

Are you certain? He sure sounds like a non-religionist:
"I'm not an atheist. There's a really big difference between an atheist and someone who just doesn't believe in religion. Religion to me is a bureaucracy between man and God that I don't need. But I'm not an atheist, no."
Bill Maher - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Maher is completely wrong.

I like Bill Maher, but I don't agree with him on this issue. I don't think it's reasonable to lump over a billion people into one group.

He's a Jew. He's obviously prejudiced against Muslims, as Muslims are prejudiced against Jews. It's a two way street. I doubt he's spent much time, if any, living and working in a Muslim country, having them as neighbors, colleagues, friends, etc. That's my experience, 7 years of it, living and working in Muslim countries with the vast majority of my colleagues and clients being Muslim, with my neighbors being Muslim, with my acquaintances and friends being Muslim. His sweeping generalization that deep down, they are all violent and that Islam is a violent religion displays his intellectual dishonesty. He's dead wrong.
He is correct.
No he isn't. You don't know anything about it.

It is you who has proven to know less than nothing. Maher isn't nor has he ever been Jewish.

it seems he is actually...

Maher was born in New York City. His father, William Maher, Sr., was a network news editor and radio announcer, and his mother, Julie (Berman) Maher, was a nurse.[7] He was raised in his Irish American father's Catholic religion, unaware that his Hungarian American mother was Jewish until his early teens Owing to his disagreement with the Catholic Church's doctrine about birth control, Maher's father stopped taking Maher and his sister to Catholic church services when Maher was thirteen.

The Anglo-American traditional of classical liberalism on which this nation was founded was extrapolated from the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought. Fact! That is not the same thing as saying that America "was founded as a Christian nation." Nobody is claiming that!

Bullshit! ALL the conservatives in this thread are claiming that!

Why do you Mundanes make it seem as if religions have to be about "peace"? Fuck peace.
Get over yourself, Princess. No one is requiring all religions to be about peace but one which refers to itself as "the Religion of Peace" certainly should.

Last edited:

He is correct.

It is you who has proven to know less than nothing. Maher isn't nor has he ever been Jewish.

Maher was born in New York City. His father, William Maher, Sr., was a network news editor and radio announcer, and his mother, Julie (Berman) Maher, was a nurse.[7] He was raised in his Irish American father's Catholic religion, unaware that his Hungarian American mother was Jewish until his early teens Owing to his disagreement with the Catholic Church's doctrine about birth control, Maher's father stopped taking Maher and his sister to Catholic church services when Maher was thirteen.

Yeah, I understand the technicality. He was raised in the Church, didn't know until his teens that his Mama was Jewish and never embraced Judaism. I hardly consider that Jewish and hardly consider it an explanation, as Esmaralda claimed, of his disdain for Islamists.

What I don't get is why anyone would take what that sanctimonious little jerk has to say about anything

I see he's again spewing how a lot of the people don't like Obama and it's definitely because of his skin color. Who made him the king of knowing what everyone in this country feels? He sits in his ivory tower and cast stones about people he hasn't mingled with for years.

Surely you don't deny that racism runs rampant in your party??? Hell, it's all over this forum.

I don't know Steph's party but I find just as much racism and bigotry from the lefties here that I do from the right.

He is correct.

Yeah, I understand the technicality. He was raised in the Church, didn't know until his teens that his Mama was Jewish and never embraced Judaism. I hardly consider that Jewish and hardly consider it an explanation, as Esmaralda claimed, of his disdain for Islamists.
The latter is no doubt true..but If his mother is a Jew, he's a Jew. it doesn't matter if he's an atheist or not or that his father sent him to church

I wonder if those who believe that islam is all the same and everyone who is muslim is violent is consistent and believes that all christians are the same and they're all like fred phelps and his westboro baptist church?

My point being that not everyone is the same. Not all sects of christianity or islam are the same.

^^^ Moral Relativistic Blather ^^^

Which sects of Christianity are engaged in a Holy War to wipe out non-christians in the 21st century? How many non-Christians have they beheaded. How many teenaged girls have they kidnapped and raped to force them to convert to Christianity?
Islamic extremist are a very small segment of Islam, yet they command nearly a 100% of the news media attention. The only way they can achieve their goal of a worldwide Holy War is to convince non-Muslims that they speak for all Muslims.

So who said Libs are non-religious?
Apologism - the new liberal religion.

He's an atheist.

Are you certain? He sure sounds like a non-religionist:
"I'm not an atheist. There's a really big difference between an atheist and someone who just doesn't believe in religion. Religion to me is a bureaucracy between man and God that I don't need. But I'm not an atheist, no."

I'm just going by what Bill Maher says. I'll take his word for it. Bill Maher was agnostic back in 2002, he's now an atheist, and refers to himself as an atheist all the time.

What I don't get is why anyone would take what that sanctimonious little jerk has to say about anything

I see he's again spewing how a lot of the people don't like Obama and it's definitely because of his skin color. Who made him the king of knowing what everyone in this country feels? He sits in his ivory tower and cast stones about people he hasn't mingled with for years.

Surely you don't deny that racism runs rampant in your party??? Hell, it's all over this forum.

I don't know Steph's party but I find just as much racism and bigotry from the lefties here that I do from the right.

That's a crock of shit.

I wonder if those who believe that islam is all the same and everyone who is muslim is violent is consistent and believes that all christians are the same and they're all like fred phelps and his westboro baptist church?

My point being that not everyone is the same. Not all sects of christianity or islam are the same.

Which sects of Christianity are engaged in a Holy War to wipe out non-christians in the 21st century? How many non-Christians have they beheaded. How many teenaged girls have they kidnapped and raped to force them to convert to Christianity?
Islamic extremist are a very small segment of Islam, yet they command nearly a 100% of the news media attention. The only way they can achieve their goal of a worldwide Holy War is to convince non-Muslims that they speak for all Muslims.

So who said Libs are non-religious?
Apologism - the new liberal religion.

Another crock of shit. Why must you lie in order to make a point?

I believe that when I see massive uprisings of the Mythical Moderate Muslims against the Extremists.

Some Christians seem to have the idea that all Muslims pray five times a day, fast during Ramadan, pay zakah, beat their wives and children, and seek to destroy all Christians which is complete nonsense. If you believe that kind of crap, you're falling for Islamic extremist propaganda. They can't succeed without non-Muslims helping them. There's nothing they love more than hate, threats and violence directed at Muslims.

Some posters seem to have the need to ignore the pride and joy of Islamism and make excuses for a culture which asks for none. I believe it is the maternal nature of the loony leftist.

Forum List

Back