Bill Maher Absolutely Crushes Charlie Rose For Comparing Islam To Christianity

it's the 21 century genius not the middle ages....You liberals are so pathetic:cuckoo:
Islam is only 1500 years old.

How were Christians behaving 1500 years after Christ?

Another lame lib apologist foisting lame moral equivalency.
Although Mohammad did live about 1500 years ago, Islam wasn't founded as a religion till about 1000 AD. It is the youngest of the Abrahamic religions.

The earliest vision of Christendom was a vision of a Christian theocracy, a government founded upon and upholding Christian values, charged with the responsibly of spreading Christian doctrine. For over a thousand years, there was no religious freedom in Europe under Christianity. Individual freedoms were much like those in Muslims countries today, always subject to the good of the community and the whims of government. Islam today is about where Christianity was 700 or 800 years ago when Christians were burning infidels and spreading Christianity at the point of sword.

Islam is changing rapidly today due the spread of secularism throughout the world. Christianity saw the same changes in the middle ages. In both cases religious fundamentalist opposed those changes with violent opposition.

it's the 21st century. They're a little late, and the young are being indoctrinated as we speak. Wake up people!!.... I know it's hard for liberals..
You do realize the propaganda you're spreading is created by Islamic fundamentalist who want a holy war and Islamophobes claiming that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion who also want a war.

Seems to me more that those within the "Religion of Peace" who proudly require war with the infidel are far more up front about it than you are willing or able to admit. They do not deny their intent ... why do you?

it's the 21 century genius not the middle ages....You liberals are so pathetic:cuckoo:

Although Mohammad did live about 1500 years ago, Islam wasn't founded as a religion till about 1000 AD. It is the youngest of the Abrahamic religions.

The earliest vision of Christendom was a vision of a Christian theocracy, a government founded upon and upholding Christian values, charged with the responsibly of spreading Christian doctrine. For over a thousand years, there was no religious freedom in Europe under Christianity. Individual freedoms were much like those in Muslims countries today, always subject to the good of the community and the whims of government. Islam today is about where Christianity was 700 or 800 years ago when Christians were burning infidels and spreading Christianity at the point of sword.

Islam is changing rapidly today due the spread of secularism throughout the world. Christianity saw the same changes in the middle ages. In both cases religious fundamentalist opposed those changes with violent opposition.

it's the 21st century. They're a little late, and the young are being indoctrinated as we speak. Wake up people!!.... I know it's hard for liberals..
You do realize the propaganda you're spreading is created by Islamic fundamentalist who want a holy war and Islamophobes claiming that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion who also want a war.

You want people to wake up. Wake up and do what? Burn a Mosque, gun down some Muslin kids, or just spread more propaganda to convince someone else to do it.
Admit there is a problem in Islam...Blowing it off with moral equivalency is very stupid

You want people to wake up. Wake up and do what? Burn a Mosque, gun down some Muslin kids, or just spread more propaganda to convince someone else to do it.
Admit there is a problem in Islam...Blowing it off with moral equivalency is very stupid

It's not just silly, it has to be painful to twist oneself into a pretzel in order to avoid admitting what the Islamists so proudly do. The machinations of our loony lefties is more akin to yoga than it is to rational thought.

"The earliest vision of Christendom was a vision of a Christian theocracy, a government founded upon and upholding Christian values, charged with the responsibly of spreading Christian doctrine. For over a thousand years, there was no religious freedom in Europe under Christianity. Individual freedoms were much like those in Muslims countries today, always subject to the good of the community and the whims of government. Islam today is about where Christianity was 700 or 800 years ago when Christians were burning infidels and spreading Christianity at the point of sword.

Seems to me more that those within the "Religion of Peace" who proudly require war with the infidel are far more up front about it than you are willing or able to admit. They do not deny their intent ... why do you?

If you do a little research, I think you'll discover two things.

First, a Holy War or Jihad does not necessary mean a war against Christians or even a war against Non-Muslims. King Mohammed VI of Morcoco uses the term constantly calling for a Holy War against illiteracy, terrorist, poverty, Israel, and various political factions. The Muslim Brotherhood calls for a Holy War about every other day against Israel. In the Iraq Iran war both Saddam and Khomeini repeated called for a Holy War against their brother Muslims. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia called the gas war of 1973 a Holy War. In fact, many Islamic scholars disagree as what is meant by a Holy War in the Koran

Second there is nothing even close to an agreement among Muslims in a call for a Holy War against non-Muslims. For example- - King Abdullah II of Jordan, who is widely considered the most influential Muslim in the world had this to say about a Holy War.

"The Prophet Mohammad tells us that the “greater” holy war is not against others at all but against one's own failings – the “war against the ego.” Moreover, in a famous speech, the Prophet's follower and first successor, Abu Bakr, commanded Muslim soldiers: “Do not betray, do not deceive, do not bludgeon and maim, do not kill a child, nor a woman, nor an old man . . . do not burn, do not cut down a fruit tree. . . . If you come across communities who have consecrated themselves to the [Christian church], leave them.” - King Abdullah II of Jordan

"The earliest vision of Christendom was a vision of a Christian theocracy, a government founded upon and upholding Christian values, charged with the responsibly of spreading Christian doctrine. For over a thousand years, there was no religious freedom in Europe under Christianity. Individual freedoms were much like those in Muslims countries today, always subject to the good of the community and the whims of government. Islam today is about where Christianity was 700 or 800 years ago when Christians were burning infidels and spreading Christianity at the point of sword.

First, a Holy War or Jihad does not necessary mean a war against Christians or even a war against Non-Muslims. King Mohammed VI of Morcoco uses the term constantly calling for a Holy War against illiteracy, terrorist, poverty, Israel, and various political factions. The Muslim Brotherhood calls for a Holy War about every other day against Israel. In the Iraq Iran war both Saddam and Khomeini repeated called for a Holy War against their brother Muslims. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia called the gas war of 1973 a Holy War. In fact, many Islamic scholars disagree as what is meant by a Holy War in the Koran

Second there is nothing even close to an agreement among Muslims in a call for a Holy War against non-Muslims. For example- - King Abdullah II of Jordan, who is widely considered the most influential Muslim in the world had this to say about a Holy War.

"The Prophet Mohammad tells us that the “greater” holy war is not against others at all but against one's own failings – the “war against the ego.” Moreover, in a famous speech, the Prophet's follower and first successor, Abu Bakr, commanded Muslim soldiers: “Do not betray, do not deceive, do not bludgeon and maim, do not kill a child, nor a woman, nor an old man . . . do not burn, do not cut down a fruit tree. . . . If you come across communities who have consecrated themselves to the [Christian church], leave them.” - King Abdullah II of Jordan

What an irrelevant post that was. Look around, most all the islamic countries are chaotic, shitholes.100,00 of thousands of people are dying in the name of islam. Women subjugated, raped, children killed intentionally. All the ignorance you post is just that. I think you should head on over there and try to talk reason with them. See how that works out for you

I've known the people of the Mideast perhaps longer than you have been alive and while it is legit to point out that not all Muslims heed the call to war against the infidel, many do so proudly.
To deny their existence and their numbers or to proclaim their POV to be "not Islamic" is naïve at best, mendacious at worst, and dangerous in either event.

Bill Maher ABSOLUTELY CRUSHES Charlie Rose For Comparing Islam To Christianity

BILL MAHER: I saw Howard Dean on TV the other day and he said something along the order, he said the people in ISIS -- he said I'm about as Islamic as they are, you know, distancing the vast numbers of Islamic people around the world from them. That's just not true.

CHARLIE ROSE: It is true.

MAHER: It is not true, Charlie. There is a connecting tissue between --

ROSE: Behind every Muslim is a future member of some radical?

MAHER: Let me finish.

ROSE: I was doing that.

MAHER: There are illiberal beliefs that are held by vast numbers of Muslim people that --

ROSE: A vast number of Christians too.

MAHER: No, that's not true. Not true. Vast numbers of Christians do not believe that if you leave the Christian religion you should be killed for it. Vast numbers of Christians do not treat women as second class citizens. Vast numbers of Christians --

ROSE: I agree with that --

MAHER: -- do not believe if you draw a picture of Jesus Christ you should get killed for it. So yes, does ISIS do Khmer Rouge-like activities where they just kill people indiscriminately who aren't just like them? Yes. And would most Muslim people in the world do that or condone that? No.

ROSE: No.

MAHER: But most Muslim people in the world do condone violence just for what you think.

ROSE: How do you know that?

MAHER: They do. First of all they say it. They shout it.

ROSE: Vast majorities of Muslims say that?

MAHER: Absolutely. There was a Pew poll in Egypt done a few years ago -- 82% said, I think, stoning is the appropriate punishment for adultery. Over 80% thought death was the appropriate punishment for leaving the Muslim religion. I'm sure you know these things.

ROSE: Well I do. But I don't believe --

MAHER: So to claim that this religion is like other religions is just naive and plain wrong. It is not like other religious. The New York Times pointed out in an op-ed a couple weeks ago that in Saudi Arabia just since August 4th, they think it was, they have beheaded 19 people. Most for non-violent crimes including homosexuality.

ROSE: I know that they cut the hands off the thief.

MAHER: Right, okay, so we're upset that ISIS is beheading people which we should be upset about but Saudi Arabia does it and they're our good friends because they have oil. Okay. But they do it too. This is the center of the religion. I'm not saying -

ROSE: But they're now fighting against ISIS too. They're joining us in the fight. As is the Emirates. As is Jordan. They are all Muslim countries.

MAHER: Well, they are both fighting ISIS and they are for ISIS.

ROSE: Well, it's not the government. I mean, some of them --

MAHER: Certainly the governments.

ROSE: It's a bit like today about Qatar. The big story today in The New York Times about Qatar. And some guy there is supporting, who is a Muslim --

MAHER: But I mean in Mecca where infidels, non-Muslims, are not even allowed in the holy parts of the city. I mean, right there, we don't have that example in other religions. They do behead people. Now if they were beheading people in Vatican City, which is the equivalent of Mecca, don't you think there would be a bigger outcry about it? So this is the soft bigotry of low expectations with Muslim people. When they do crazy things and believe crazy things, somehow it's not talked about nearly as much.

ROSE: Would you come to the table and debate this with a moderate Muslim?

MAHER: Find one, yes. Find one.

ROSE: I promise you I'll find one.

MAHER: Find a Muslim --

ROSE: I do believe that what we see with ISIS is not representative of --

MAHER: As I said, connecting tissue.

ROSE: -- not representative of the Islamic religion. I don't think the Koran teaches them to do these kinds of things.

MAHER: Well you're wrong about that. The Koran absolutely has on every page stuff that's horrible about how the infidels should be treated. But for example again ISIS says that they should perform genital mutilation on all women 11-46. Would most Muslims agree with that? No. Or carry it out? No.

But as Ayaan Hirsi Ali points out, she says --

ROSE: I wouldn't expect for her to --

MAHER: And she would know better than --

ROSE: Exactly.

MAHER: But can we really say --

ROSE: She's been a victim.

MAHER: -- women are treated equally in the Muslim world? I mean, their testimony in court is very often counted as half. They need permission to leave the house in some places.

ROSE: But a lot of moderate Muslims would say in fact one of the things that we need to modernize is the idea of the way we treat women.

MAHER: But in this country, if you just use the wrong word about women, they go nuts. And all these other countries --

ROSE: As they should.

MAHER: -- they're doing things like making them wear burqas and I hear liberals say things like, 'they want to.' They want to. They've been brainwashed. It's like saying a street walker wants to do that.

See, the whole debate is a corporatist, globalist smokescreen. Anyone that believes this staged propaganda event is a dupe. Mahr works for a huge multi-national mega corporation. Charlie Rose is the poster boy journalist for the CFR. Each wants to talk about global Islam and force it onto the American consciousness, like it is any of our concern or business what they do "over there." Islam in this nation? Well, it's peaceful and minds it's own business. Muslims like the freedoms the constitution affords them, THAT IS WHY THE LIVE IN AMERICA. The large majority don't want the constitution to go away. Why? Because it protects them from the majority population. Otherwise, they would all be shipped to Guantanamo judging by the attitudes on this forum.

The fact is this issue isn't any of our concern, who cares? Not unless you are a global elites trying to stir up war hatred and war frenzy obviously. Muslims overseas can conduct their affairs however they wish. It isn't our job to tell folks how to make their laws or enforce them. If all Muslims over seas are varied, so be it. If they tend toward the barbaric and radical, that's fine too. Our only concern is international waters, international trade, and our own shores. THAT IS ALL. Enough of this meddling in the affairs of foreign lands. If those lands are too dangerous for Americans. . . . DON'T GO THERE! If they want to be barbarians and have violent religions, it would be best if our intelligence services QUIT USING THAT TO MANIPULATE WORLD EVENTS. Otherwise? We shouldn't be surprised at the results.

What an irrelevant post that was. Look around, most all the islamic countries are chaotic, shitholes.100,00 of thousands of people are dying in the name of islam. Women subjugated, raped, children killed intentionally. All the ignorance you post is just that. I think you should head on over there and try to talk reason with them. See how that works out for you
I guess this means you nothing to contribute.

BILL MAHER: I saw Howard Dean on TV the other day and he said something along the order, he said the people in ISIS -- he said I'm about as Islamic as they are, you know, distancing the vast numbers of Islamic people around the world from them. That's just not true.

MAHER: There are illiberal beliefs that are held by vast numbers of Muslim people that --

MAHER: No, that's not true. Not true. Vast numbers of Christians do not believe that if you leave the Christian religion you should be killed for it. Vast numbers of Christians do not treat women as second class citizens. Vast numbers of Christians --

MAHER: -- do not believe if you draw a picture of Jesus Christ you should get killed for it. So yes, does ISIS do Khmer Rouge-like activities where they just kill people indiscriminately who aren't just like them? Yes. And would most Muslim people in the world do that or condone that? No.

MAHER: But most Muslim people in the world do condone violence just for what you think.

MAHER: Absolutely. There was a Pew poll in Egypt done a few years ago -- 82% said, I think, stoning is the appropriate punishment for adultery. Over 80% thought death was the appropriate punishment for leaving the Muslim religion. I'm sure you know these things.

MAHER: So to claim that this religion is like other religions is just naive and plain wrong. It is not like other religious. The New York Times pointed out in an op-ed a couple weeks ago that in Saudi Arabia just since August 4th, they think it was, they have beheaded 19 people. Most for non-violent crimes including homosexuality.

MAHER: Right, okay, so we're upset that ISIS is beheading people which we should be upset about but Saudi Arabia does it and they're our good friends because they have oil. Okay. But they do it too. This is the center of the religion. I'm not saying -

ROSE: But they're now fighting against ISIS too. They're joining us in the fight. As is the Emirates. As is Jordan. They are all Muslim countries.

ROSE: It's a bit like today about Qatar. The big story today in The New York Times about Qatar. And some guy there is supporting, who is a Muslim --

MAHER: But I mean in Mecca where infidels, non-Muslims, are not even allowed in the holy parts of the city. I mean, right there, we don't have that example in other religions. They do behead people. Now if they were beheading people in Vatican City, which is the equivalent of Mecca, don't you think there would be a bigger outcry about it? So this is the soft bigotry of low expectations with Muslim people. When they do crazy things and believe crazy things, somehow it's not talked about nearly as much.

ROSE: -- not representative of the Islamic religion. I don't think the Koran teaches them to do these kinds of things.

MAHER: Well you're wrong about that. The Koran absolutely has on every page stuff that's horrible about how the infidels should be treated. But for example again ISIS says that they should perform genital mutilation on all women 11-46. Would most Muslims agree with that? No. Or carry it out? No.

MAHER: -- women are treated equally in the Muslim world? I mean, their testimony in court is very often counted as half. They need permission to leave the house in some places.

ROSE: But a lot of moderate Muslims would say in fact one of the things that we need to modernize is the idea of the way we treat women.

MAHER: But in this country, if you just use the wrong word about women, they go nuts. And all these other countries --

MAHER: -- they're doing things like making them wear burqas and I hear liberals say things like, 'they want to.' They want to. They've been brainwashed. It's like saying a street walker wants to do that.

See, the whole debate is a corporatist, globalist smokescreen. Anyone that believes this staged propaganda event is a dupe. Mahr works for a huge multi-national mega corporation. Charlie Rose is the poster boy journalist for the CFR. Each wants to talk about global Islam and force it onto the American consciousness, like it is any of our concern or business what they do "over there." ...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everything is some sort of staged propaganda event and these people don't really have opinions and conclusions which are based, as most are, on the info they gather and process just as you do. Instead all but you are part of some national or global mega corporate conspiracy to control the minds of the masses and only you can see through it all. Amazing ... amazing arrogance, that is.

I've known the people of the Mideast perhaps longer than you have been alive and while it is legit to point out that not all Muslims heed the call to war against the infidel, many do so proudly.
To deny their existence and their numbers or to proclaim their POV to be "not Islamic" is naïve at best, mendacious at worst, and dangerous in either event.
I certainly don't deny that many Muslims in world would give lip serve to a call to war against infidels and some would heed the call. However, we probably differ considerable on the number. Of the 2 billion Muslims in the world, I think we are talking about less 1%. However, that number could certainly rise if extremist on both sides play their cards right.

I certainly don't deny that many Muslims in world would give lip serve to a call to war against infidels and some would heed the call. However, we probably differ considerable on the number. Of the 2 billion Muslims in the world, I think we are talking about less 1%. However, that number could certainly rise if extremist on both sides play their cards right.

And I would argue that even if "only" 1% of the world's Muslims are Islamists, we are talking about 20 million people and I would also argue that many of the remaining 99% merely give lip service to the "ISIS is not Islam" ploy. In any event they pose a very real and present danger to society and as you note, pretty much anything anyone ever does tends to swell their numbers.

Last edited:
People who like to hate, who need someone to hate, find an easy target in Islam. They can stereotype the entire religion on the actions of a tiny minority. They can twist the facts and realities to suit their hatred. They can feel superior to someone else, despite the fact they are not superior. And so on.
Islam is easy to hate because it is the religion of hate, beheading's, stoning's, rape, abusers of women

The Anglo-American traditional of classical liberalism on which this nation was founded was extrapolated from the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought. Fact! That is not the same thing as saying that America "was founded as a Christian nation." Nobody is claiming that!

Bullshit! ALL the conservatives in this thread are claiming that!
Why did the founders and signers of the U.S. Constitution give their vote for the approval of the congressional Chaplain?

I guess this means you nothing to contribute.
Reality.... You? not so much

You think? the number has been estimated to be much higher up too 15% or more and the rest don't speak out, or are simply too afraid to do so. When we begin seeing massive protests throughout the muslim world against the radicals, that means there is change, until then your post are naive and pretty much useless in the big scheme of things. Funny we did see protest against the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, Obama was against them. We saw protests against the regime in Iran Obama didn't support them.

See, the whole debate is a corporatist, globalist smokescreen. Anyone that believes this staged propaganda event is a dupe. Mahr works for a huge multi-national mega corporation. Charlie Rose is the poster boy journalist for the CFR. Each wants to talk about global Islam and force it onto the American consciousness, like it is any of our concern or business what they do "over there." ...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everything is some sort of staged propaganda event and these people don't really have opinions and conclusions which are based, as most are, on the info they gather and process just as you do. Instead all but you are part of some national or global mega corporate conspiracy to control the minds of the masses and only you can see through it all. Amazing ... amazing arrogance, that is.
No, not really. Nor is it, "conspiracy theory." I fail to understand why you must alway pull that angry canard out of your ass. It's like you are obsessed or something.

Everyone, you, me, the administrator of this forum, everyone has an agenda. It does not make us good or bad. I place no value judgements on that implicitly.

Or at least I try not to. Admittedly, I am guilty of appearing to pass judgement. But none of us proceed from a position of "evil." They only do what they think is best. I just happen to disagree with them. I disagree with you, you disagree with me. But I don't think you are evil. Just misguided. Do I know you have an agenda? Of course, just as you know I have an agenda. Everyone does. It's not a conspiracy, it is how humans behave. If we didn't have agendas, we wouldn't get out of bed in the morning. Duh.

We all genuinely hold a position or view of how things should be is best for the individual and society at large. But if you are seriously contending that this event does not have some connection to the events going on over in the Middle East right now? Then yes, I feel you are being obtuse.

Mahr is an employee of HBO. HBO is a subsidiary of Time Warner. Time Warner, like PBS, are both members on the Council on Foreign Affairs. What does this mean? All of their huge media personalities have been personally instructed about the agenda. I know for a fact that Charlie Rose has attended Bilderberg meetings, so he is well informed about plans and how they intend to achieve the goal of the "New Middle East Project." Whether or not that includes a war involving Israel, probably not, but maybe as a last resort.

The long and that short of it is, it is also about ratings. Just as with any war, people need to feel, viscerally, that "those people" are the enemy. They had to do it with Gerry and the Japs. They had to do it with the Rag Heads. That is what this is about.

It is all about war hysteria. Take a course or two at University and study how the elites mobilize a nation to fight a war, maybe you will get it. The popular media is VERY important. Indeed, they ought to rename September national war month. :laugh:

If you watched that debate, you might want to go kill some Jihadists, eh?

And I would argue that even if "only" 1% of the world's Muslims are Islamists, we are talking about 20 million people and I would also argue that many of the remaining 99% merely give lip service to the "ISIS is not Islam" ploy. In any event they pose a very real and present danger to society and as you note, pretty much anything anyone ever does tends to swell their numbers.
I agree, that the 1% does pose a real threat and we should certainly do all we can to stop them. However, in doing so we need to take care that we don't encourage the 99% to join them or we will have the holy war that extremist on both sides are working toward.

You think? the number has been estimated to be much higher up too 15% or more and the rest don't speak out, or are simply too afraid to do so. When we begin seeing massive protests throughout the muslim world against the radicals, that means there is change, until then your post are naive and pretty much useless in the big scheme of things. Funny we did see protest against the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, Obama was against them. We saw protests against the regime in Iran Obama didn't support them.
Mosques across Germany are planning to unite against Islamist extremists this week. UK Muslims are holding a rally against extremist as a part of Islamic peace conference in London on Saturday, 5,000 in Norway protested in Aug. Saudi Arabia’s highest religious authority has condemned the armed groups Islamic State and al-Qaeda as apostates and labelled them the “number one enemy of Islam” as have numerous Muslim leaders around the world. There're many protests unfortunately they're drowned out in media by extremist atrocities.

People who like to hate, who need someone to hate, find an easy target in Islam. They can stereotype the entire religion on the actions of a tiny minority. They can twist the facts and realities to suit their hatred. They can feel superior to someone else, despite the fact they are not superior. And so on.
Islam is easy to hate because it is the religion of hate, beheading's, stoning's, rape, abusers of women
another a la carte "christian" who knows jack shit about what he professes to believe

Forum List

Back