Bill Maher Absolutely Crushes Charlie Rose For Comparing Islam To Christianity

The stereotypical Liberal reaction to the dangers inherent in Islam...

head_in_sand.jpg

...and what that gets them...

head_in_the_sand.jpg

..."My own counsel will I keep, on who is to be" trusted...

yoda.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Moral Relativistic Blather ^^^

Which sects of Christianity are engaged in a Holy War to wipe out non-christians in the 21st century? How many non-Christians have they beheaded. How many teenaged girls have they kidnapped and raped to force them to convert to Christianity?
Islamic extremist are a very small segment of Islam, yet they command nearly a 100% of the news media attention. The only way they can achieve their goal of a worldwide Holy War is to convince non-Muslims that they speak for all Muslims.

I believe that when I see massive uprisings of the Mythical Moderate Muslims against the Extremists.

Some Christians seem to have the idea that all Muslims pray five times a day, fast during Ramadan, pay zakah, beat their wives and children, and seek to destroy all Christians which is complete nonsense. If you believe that kind of crap, you're falling for Islamic extremist propaganda. They can't succeed without non-Muslims helping them. There's nothing they love more than hate, threats and violence directed at Muslims.

And then some people are just naïve and apparently unaware of the wholesale slaughter of Christians in the Islamic world, particularly in the Middle East and Africa. Islam is evil, a bane of civilization.
I'm sure Al Qaeda, ISIS, and other such groups appreciate your comments. Nothing like a little help form the enemy.

Of course, we could all just bend over and spread our cheeks as our loony libs seem to prefer.

Christianity had its periods of murder and genocide to help it get to where it is now.

And yet, Christians mock Islam for doing the same.
it's the 21 century genius not the middle ages....You liberals are so pathetic:cuckoo:
During the French Revolution, not the Middle Ages but, rather, 1789-1799, the French beheaded from 20,000 to 40,000 individuals. They kept the guillotine as their method of execution up to the mid-1970s. A Christian country. The 20th Century and a Christian country. Learn history.

It's better to go to the link and watch the short video.

Bill is correct, as always.

BTW - that link, and that headline is from....FOXNATION.com!
4i6Ckte.gif
Maher is completely wrong.

I like Bill Maher, but I don't agree with him on this issue. I don't think it's reasonable to lump over a billion people into one group.

Crazy Evangelicals certainly don't represent all Christian's.

He's a Jew. He's obviously prejudiced against Muslims, as Muslims are prejudiced against Jews.

False. One of his parents was Jewish, but he was raised in the Catholic Church, as a Catholic.

Anyone who knows anything about Maher knows this.
First of all, I don't need to know all about Maher. He is a television personality. He is an entertainer. He is not my god. I don't follow him, never have, even if I lived in the US, I wouldn't follow him. I don't listen to television or radio personalities to tell me how to think. I am an independent liberal: I get all my ideas on my own and don't march in lockstep with the party line. I could care less about Maher.

But when I read the dialogue this thread is about, I looked up his background because he is, in that dialogue, chanting the party line of Jews who are prejudiced against Muslims. He is half Jew. Doesn't matter if he was raised Catholic. Plenty of Christians on this board who hate Muslims too. But, his statements in particular echo the type of thing educated Jews say about Islam.

I have lived this for 7 years of my life. I know. I don't think you do. Maher is not correct, not even close.

From what I remember of Charlie Rose, I would consider him the voice of reason.

Last edited:
Yeah! You shout that from the comfort of your own home where you will never be in danger from people in the middle east. ..

Coward
what would you know about either one

I dare you to go over to Iran and mock their religion

cowards

Yeah! You shout that from the comfort of your own home where you will never be in danger from people in the middle east. ..

Coward
what would you know about either one

I dare you to go over to Iran and mock their religion

cowards
LMAO

Me? Is that directed at me? I spent 5 years living and working in the ME. Muslims were my colleagues and my clients, my neighbors, acquaintances, friends, etc. I also spent 2 years living and working in Turkey, another Muslim country. There is nothing to be afraid of in the ME unless you go to a war zone, as is the reality anywhere in the world where there is a war zone. In fact, daily life in the ME is, in my experience, safer than in the US: much less crime as far as robberies, rape, burglaries, violence against Westerners, etc. The punishments are harsh. Maybe that is why.

Not sure what Pew Poll Maher is referencing

^^^ Uncertainty in the wingnut mind quickly becomes...

Maher, as usual, is full of shit.

^^^ Certainty in the wingnut mind.

Poor Synth cannot find the Pew Poll to support the OP:

Haven't looked for it!.

Of course you haven't.....

:eusa_clap:

Bill Maher said it was true, so you naturally believe it.

Pitiful, but amusingly naïve: What a child-like little mind you have.
OK, asshole, I'm saving this since you've now set yourself up to independently back up every statistic in every article you post, or in the threads you post in, in support of.

You should think before you post - just once.

OOOOoooOOOO....you're "saving this...."

:shock:

I'm not the one claiming that "Muslim's are violent" and backing my lunatic ravings with imaginary Pew Polls.

:welcome:

The Anglo-American traditional of classical liberalism on which this nation was founded was extrapolated from the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought. Fact! That is not the same thing as saying that America "was founded as a Christian nation." Nobody is claiming that!

Bullshit! ALL the conservatives in this thread are claiming that!

No they haven't.
Not one of us has said that America was founded as a Christian Nation.
We have said what M.D. Rawlings has said.

This does not have to do with the religion: it has to do with extremists, terrorists, fanatics, and horror. Not anything to do with religion. These people have hijacked Islam.

They are following the Koran and it says to kill Jews and Christian's because they are their enemies. It also teaches that they can lie to any infidel.
This is exactly why Jefferson got a copy of the Koran, because they could not believe that a holy book of religion could be so vicious and brutal against other religions and people and encourage killing and lying.
This is about their religion because they take the Koran literally.
They are conducting a holy war and they want the whole world to become Muslim and to kill any who will not conform to it.

This does not have to do with the religion: it has to do with extremists, terrorists, fanatics, and horror. Not anything to do with religion. These people have hijacked Islam.

They are following the Koran and it says to kill Jews and Christian's because they are their enemies. It also teaches that they can lie to any infidel.
This is exactly why Jefferson got a copy of the Koran, because they could not believe that a holy book of religion could be so vicious and brutal against other religions and people and encourage killing and lying.
This is about their religion because they take the Koran literally.
They are conducting a holy war and they want the whole world to become Muslim and to kill any who will not conform to it.
777-full.jpg

The Anglo-American traditional of classical liberalism on which this nation was founded was extrapolated from the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought. Fact! That is not the same thing as saying that America "was founded as a Christian nation." Nobody is claiming that!

Bullshit! ALL the conservatives in this thread are claiming that!

All? I saw only one post in which a conservative used that kind of language to describe the link between Christianity and the nation's founding, and that conservative didn't mean that America is a Christian nation in the sense of a theocracy. That's absurd. You guys keep going on about that as if you were telling us something profound. Now, I don't care for that kind of language without a clear explanation as to what the actual nature of the connection is in terms of the nation's founding.

None of you guys hammering on about Deism have been clear about much of anything, not even about the connection between Christianity and Deism, and you don't seem to be aware of the connection between the development of natural law and Christianity. Only one of you demonstrated that you were aware of the significance of John Locke's influence, the importance of his Two Treatises of Civil Government, which contain one biblical citation after another, serving as the ontological justification for his political theory.

One of you claimed, or quoted someone who claimed, that most of the Founders were Deists, which is false. Trust me. I know.

But I'll tell you what, I'm making an empirically verifiable statement. Let's test it. You make a list of all the Founders who you think were Deists. (Don't make the mistake of including Madison again.) And I'll make a list of all the Founders who were Christians. Let's see whose list is longer.

In the meantime, are you denying the veracity of the following claims?

1. The Anglo-American traditional of classical liberalism was extrapolated from the sociopolitical ramifications of Judeo-Christianity's ethical system of thought.

2. The United States of American was founded on the Anglo-American traditional of classical liberalism, i.e., the Anglo-American traditional of natural law.

If so, as I have shown, you're wrong.

Last edited:
Christianity had its periods of murder and genocide to help it get to where it is now.

it's the 21 century genius not the middle ages....You liberals are so pathetic:cuckoo:
During the French Revolution, not the Middle Ages but, rather, 1789-1799, the French beheaded from 20,000 to 40,000 individuals. They kept the guillotine as their method of execution up to the mid-1970s. A Christian country. The 20th Century and a Christian country. Learn history.

Well, let's get one thing straight, there was nothing Christian about the French Republic's Committee of Public Safety or its Revolutionary Tribunal under that murderous psychopath Robespierre.

It's better to go to the link and watch the short video.

Bill is correct, as always.

BTW - that link, and that headline is from....FOXNATION.com!
4i6Ckte.gif

I like Bill Maher, but I don't agree with him on this issue. I don't think it's reasonable to lump over a billion people into one group.

He's a Jew. He's obviously prejudiced against Muslims, as Muslims are prejudiced against Jews.

False. One of his parents was Jewish, but he was raised in the Catholic Church, as a Catholic.

First of all, I don't need to know all about Maher. He is a television personality. He is an entertainer. He is not my god. I don't follow him, never have, even if I lived in the US, I wouldn't follow him. I don't listen to television or radio personalities to tell me how to think. I am an independent liberal: I get all my ideas on my own and don't march in lockstep with the party line. I could care less about Maher.

But when I read the dialogue this thread is about, I looked up his background because he is, in that dialogue, chanting the party line of Jews who are prejudiced against Muslims. He is half Jew. Doesn't matter if he was raised Catholic. Plenty of Christians on this board who hate Muslims too. But, his statements in particular echo the type of thing educated Jews say about Islam.

I have lived this for 7 years of my life. I know. I don't think you do. Maher is not correct, not even close.

I don't hate Muslims. I hate Islam. It's a false. It's evil.

Rose is an imbecile, always has been, a progressive statist prattling about how American Christians are illiberal. How stupid is that?

I virtually never agree with Maher, but I appreciate his opinion. He is not afraid to call out his own. Your comment about it being on Foxnation. Why so surprised? Fox is more tolerant of differing opinions than you think.

Yes. In this instance Maher has it right, sans his nonsense about science and Judeo-Christianity's historical claims regarding miraculous events. It's always fun to observe the atheist's denial of the very things that go to the demonstration of God's existence...

Is Maher an atheist or just a non-religionist?

Atheist.

I don't hate Muslims. I hate Islam. It's a false. It's evil.

Rose is an imbecile, always has been, a progressive statist prattling about how American Christians are illiberal. How stupid is that?

Rose is a non-confrontational interviewer and Maher is a cynical, smart-assed comedian. The result of their meeting could go no other way than it did although it was gratifying to have the libs arguing about the nature of Islam.
Those who claim "ISIS is not Islam" however are a menace to themselves and society at large. ISIS is up front about their vision of Islam and Muslims who disagree can either bury their heads in the mud or stand up to those they believe have "hijacked" their "religion of peace" ... OTHER MUSLIMS!
Either way the infidels cannot fix what is wrong with their culture.

Some Christians seem to have the idea that all Muslims pray five times a day, fast during Ramadan, pay zakah, beat their wives and children, and seek to destroy all Christians which is complete nonsense. If you believe that kind of crap, you're falling for Islamic extremist propaganda. They can't succeed without non-Muslims helping them. There's nothing they love more than hate, threats and violence directed at Muslims.

And then some people are just naïve and apparently unaware of the wholesale slaughter of Christians in the Islamic world, particularly in the Middle East and Africa. Islam is evil, a bane of civilization.
I'm sure Al Qaeda, ISIS, and other such groups appreciate your comments. Nothing like a little help form the enemy.

You're missing the point. Islam denies the reality of free will and, consequently, denies the reality of inalienable rights. That's evil. That's incompatible with civilized society. It's Islam that propagates hate and directs oppression and violence against the truth, against liberty, against non-Muslims. The only people falling for the big lie in the West are naïve, ill-informed leftists, who, not surprisingly, are statists too.
Islam certainly doesn't deny free will. In fact, Islam is all about free will just as Christianity is. Muslims look at inalienable rights quite different than Western nations. The tenants of Islam include a basic set of rules designed to protect individual rights and freedoms, however the rights of individuals are not permitted to infringe upon the rights of communities.

Islam is changing rapidly. It is becoming more secular and westernized particularly among the young. Just in last 20 years huge changes have occurred in Iran once viewed as being the most fundamentalist Muslim nation. In Iran minority religions are allowed and accepted by the government to some extent. Also, in Iran women enjoy some of the highest levels of freedom in the Arab world. Attitudes of Muslims in the US and most European countries are far different than in the Arab world. These changes are terrifying to the fundamentals. To them, the West is corrupting their society, destroying their youth. They have reacted by bringing terror to the West in hopes of igniting a Holly War. Whether they are successful depends on how western nations react.

I'm not talking metaphysical free will. I'm talking about the deterministic nature of Islam's ethics and politics, its penchant for theocracy. The Koran, in and of itself, is not a tolerant doctrine. Islam, in and of itself, is not changing. The attitudes of Muslims are changing in some places. The Muslim Persians of Iran, like the Muslim Kurds, have always been infinitely more reasonable than the Arab and African Muslims of the world. That's why Obama's failure to get behind the recent uprising of Iranian youth against the current regime of Iran is so deplorable. The proper response to the animals of Holy War is to make 'em dead.
It sounds like you're as eager for a Holy War as the Islamic fundamentalist.

Islam is only 1500 years old.

How were Christians behaving 1500 years after Christ?

Another lame lib apologist foisting lame moral equivalency.
Although Mohammad did live about 1500 years ago, Islam wasn't founded as a religion till about 1000 AD. It is the youngest of the Abrahamic religions.

The earliest vision of Christendom was a vision of a Christian theocracy, a government founded upon and upholding Christian values, charged with the responsibly of spreading Christian doctrine. For over a thousand years, there was no religious freedom in Europe under Christianity. Individual freedoms were much like those in Muslims countries today, always subject to the good of the community and the whims of government. Islam today is about where Christianity was 700 or 800 years ago when Christians were burning infidels and spreading Christianity at the point of sword.

Islam is changing rapidly today due the spread of secularism throughout the world. Christianity saw the same changes in the middle ages. In both cases religious fundamentalist opposed those changes with violent opposition.

Although Mohammad did live about 1500 years ago, Islam wasn't founded as a religion till about 1000 AD. It is the youngest of the Abrahamic religions.

The earliest vision of Christendom was a vision of a Christian theocracy, a government founded upon and upholding Christian values, charged with the responsibly of spreading Christian doctrine. For over a thousand years, there was no religious freedom in Europe under Christianity. Individual freedoms were much like those in Muslims countries today, always subject to the good of the community and the whims of government. Islam today is about where Christianity was 700 or 800 years ago when Christians were burning infidels and spreading Christianity at the point of sword.

Islam is changing rapidly today due the spread of secularism throughout the world. Christianity saw the same changes in the middle ages. In both cases religious fundamentalist opposed those changes with violent opposition.

it's the 21st century. They're a little late, and the young are being indoctrinated as we speak. Wake up people!!.... I know it's hard for liberals..

it's the 21st century. They're a little late, and the young are being indoctrinated as we speak. Wake up people!!.... I know it's hard for liberals..
You do realize the propaganda you're spreading is created by Islamic fundamentalist who want a holy war and Islamophobes claiming that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion who also want a war.

You want people to wake up. Wake up and do what? Burn a Mosque, gun down some Muslin kids, or just spread more propaganda to convince someone else to do it.

Last edited:

it's the 21st century. They're a little late, and the young are being indoctrinated as we speak. Wake up people!!.... I know it's hard for liberals...

If not impossible. The anti-religion American left has fully embraced the 21st Century's newest and most corrosive mindset: "Apologism"

Forum List

Back