Bill Clinton's great regret: race disparity in the U.S.

CSM said:
Nope. Doesn't seem strange to me at all. Maybe he just likes the US better? I know I do.

By the way, I have never heard of Bush Jr going on a trip with Bush Sr during senior's presidency.
!

How would he know what he likes better if he's never been anywhere or seen anything?

Regarding Bush Sr. that's my point, even though his father was a cultured and travelled man, Jr. chose not to avail himself of the opportunities this presented.

I'm not saying he's an idiot or that it's impossible for a person with little understanding of the world to be a good president. Just on a very personal level it creeps me out that he has no intellectual curiosity, or whatever term you want to use. Because if I had his money, I know what I'd do with it and that doesn't include chopping wood on an ugly ranch.

Darwins Friend said:
:bow2:

No other ex-president has carried such power past his term than BubbaCheeseBurger.

It’s absolutely amazing how the chickens in the neo-con coop begin to cackle and ruffle their feathers whenever his name is brought up. I’ll bet he’s still condemned for doing what we’d all do - given the chance - twenty years from now, when we’re 25 trillion in debt.
Glad to see you are what we expect...I'll help out in your nose dive to the bottom!

CSM said:
Awesome. You bought that little bit of propaganda hook line and sinker! Do you honstly believe that he doesn't read? How do you know what his level of curiousity he has/had? I ask you the same question I aked Jillian...prove he doesn't read.....

As for rushing back as soon as possible after a trip, did it ever occur to you that maybe (just maybe) he has things to do? I bet my nickel to your donut that if he did choose to sight see a bit, you and those like you would be all over him for it. Lets face it, for some people, the curretnt President can do no right, for some he can do no wrong. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Maybe its just me but i could have sworn the left was always complaining about how Bush would just read from the teleprompter whenever he gave speeches... So now he cant read?

Seriously whats next? He goes to the morgue to piss on the dead? He drinks the blood of babies?

Darwins Friend said:
:bow2:

No other ex-president has carried such power past his term than BubbaCheeseBurger.

It’s absolutely amazing how the chickens in the neo-con coop begin to cackle and ruffle their feathers whenever his name is brought up. I’ll bet he’s still condemned for doing what we’d all do - given the chance - twenty years from now, when we’re 25 trillion in debt.

Nice to know that if you were ever President, you'd let an intern go down on you in the Oval Office.

Nice.

Don't run for office.

Nuc said:
How would he know what he likes better if he's never been anywhere or seen anything?

Regarding Bush Sr. that's my point, even though his father was a cultured and travelled man, Jr. chose not to avail himself of the opportunities this presented.

I'm not saying he's an idiot or that it's impossible for a person with little understanding of the world to be a good president. Just on a very personal level it creeps me out that he has no intellectual curiosity, or whatever term you want to use. Because if I had his money, I know what I'd do with it and that doesn't include chopping wood on an ugly ranch.

What you would do is not the issue. I understand your point simply because it creeps me out that Clinton had no scruples about lieing under oath. Given that I had to choose between the two...I'll take the guy that has no curiousity (supposedly) over the guy that has no integrity.

CSM said:
Mediocrity is ingrained in our culture these days. We encourage mediocrity...don't get too rich, dont be too smart, dont be TOO anything...someone might feel inferior. Why should we elect leaders that are anything but mediocre?
It's an interesting part of the human psyche.

GotZoom said:
Nice to know that if you were ever President, you'd let an intern go down on you in the Oval Office.

Nice.

Don't run for office.

Nice dodge of the debt point. :cool:

CSM said:
What you would do is not the issue. I understand your point simply because it creeps me out that Clinton had no scruples about lieing under oath. Given that I had to choose between the two...I'll take the guy that has no curiousity (supposedly) over the guy that has no integrity.
How about not choosing between the two? Why has it come to this?

Darwins Friend said:
What was your point? That we'd all be getting bj's if we were trillions of dollars in debt? Sometimes things look like they were dodged when the point, if there was one, was too criptic/non-sensical to even discern.

GotZoom said:

Nice.

Don't run for office.

Tell me about it. Why do people assume that given the power and opportunity we would break the covenants we made with our wife? I know I wouldnt. Course i havent made any yet.

Besides, I would hope that if i did such a thing id have better taste in women then Clinton.

CSM said:
Nope. Doesn't seem strange to me at all. Maybe he just likes the US better? I know I do.

By the way, I have never heard of Bush Jr going on a trip with Bush Sr during senior's presidency.

As an added note, don't you find it interesting that this illiterate, incompetent fool ( your implications) managed to get elected president (not once but twice) and pull off all the schemes he is purported to have pulled off (including foment a hurricane and direct it at NO, rig a war with Iraq, and arrange to have terrorists fly planes into buildings, among many others)? It really makes me chuckle when we start down this road of "Bush is a moron" and then proceed to list all the sneaky, illegal things he supposedly masterminded. We should all be so moronic!

Don't forget that he has a B.A. from Yale and an MBA from Harvard. He is also an Air Force certfied fighter pilot. The Air Force doesn't just hand over a multi-milion dollar jet, no matter who your father is.

Besides, I would hope that if i did such a thing id have better taste in women then Clinton.
Honestly. President of the United fucking States and that's all you could manage? WEAK. :laugh:

Darwins Friend said:

No dodge.

You said you...and everyone else...would do the same thing he did.

I called you on it.

You want to talk about the debt, start a thread.

The ClayTaurus said:
What was your point? That we'd all be getting bj's if we were trillions of dollars in debt? Sometimes things look like they were dodged when the point, if there was one, was too criptic/non-sensical to even discern.

I was thinking the same thing.

CSM said:
Mediocrity is ingrained in our culture these days. We encourage mediocrity...don't get too rich, dont be too smart, dont be TOO anything...someone might feel inferior. Why should we elect leaders that are anything but mediocre?

I think you've just identified one of, if not the main, problems with America today. To excel is considered arrogance. The average person no longer looks to leaders or public figures to do things he can't do or to show a new way. They just want people who they can relate to as equals. Everybody should have equal rights, but leaders, whether political or cultural, should be better or more advanced than the general public. People say, "Where have the true heroes gone?" They are still around, only people don't recognize them because it's not what they're looking for.

The ClayTaurus said:

My business made four times what it did when Silly Billy was in office and if I remember correctly - the government had a surplus. Are you proud that the current gentlemen occupying the White House will have your grand-children paying for his utter folly? (that might buy a clue to the point, maybe).

The ClayTaurus said:
Honestly. President of the United fucking States and that's all you could manage? WEAK. :laugh:

Tell me about it, I mean Im sure you could screen the interns better:) hahah

Nuc said:
I think you've just identified one of, if not the main, problems with America today. To excell is considered arrogance. The average person no longer looks to leaders or public figures to do things he can't do or to show a new way. They just want people who they can relate to as equals. Everybody should have equal rights, but leaders, whether political or cultural, should be better or more advanced than the general public. People say, "Where have the true heroes gone?" They are still around, only people don't recognize them because it's not what they're looking for.

Something we can definately agree on.

Darwins Friend said:
My business made four times what it did when Silly Billy was in office and if I remember correctly - the government had a surplus. Are you proud that the current gentlemen occupying the White House will have your grand-children paying for his utter folly? (that might buy a clue to the point, maybe).

Are you trying to say that President Bush is somehow responsible for your business failures?

Darwins Friend said:
I'm not proud of this administration's ambivalence towards the national debt, but you've got to be insane if you think that mentality is localized to the Bush Administration alone. It's not a Bush thing, it's a United States thing.

Forum List

Back