Bill Clinton's great regret: race disparity in the U.S.

jillian said:
I don't care what his moral indiscretions were in Clinton's marriage. That was between himself and his wife. I care far more about indiscretions in hiding information from the American people, wiretapping people without warrants and using war as a first, instead of a last, resort. And if your response is going to be that he "lied" when caught -- yes, he did. But most men would lie if asked if they cheated on their wives and their wives would be privy to the answer. Again, that's between them. I find it much more admirable to actually care about the weakest and sickest among us.

:laugh:

So if your husband is unfaithful to you but works every weekend at the downtown soup kitchen, he has a pass?

jillian said:
Who cares what he did with a consenting adult? He still put in more hours than Bush who has been on vacation for 20% of his presidency? Again, I wouldn't want to be married to the guy. But no one has ever taken issue with how hard he worked.

If you disagree with his policies, that's fine. The other stuff is extraneous and isn't any more terrible than what Bush I, Kennedy, Eisenhower or many other presidents did.

Apparently you feel the president shouldnt' be held to higher standards and morals than other people.

Getting a blow job from a intern while talking to the president of Mexico (I believe) is acceptable behavior? It's just "extraneous" and between Bill and Hillary?

jillian said:
He's raised a fortune of money for AIDS relief around the globe and every time there's a disaster, he's called upon, even by this administration, to use his popularity to help. That's why Bush I works with him on things like Katrina and the Tsunami. It's also why Bush I calls him "son". ;)

I have to admit that he is popular with some. I do not understand why.

He has admitted that he doesn't read. He knows nothing of the world and has no intellectual curiousity. His inability to articulate is just a symptom of the rest.

Prove the above statement please. I think it is BS and you made it up.

I don't care what his moral indiscretions were in Clinton's marriage. That was between himself and his wife. I care far more about indiscretions in hiding information from the American people, wiretapping people without warrants and using war as a first, instead of a last, resort. And if your response is going to be that he "lied" when caught -- yes, he did. But most men would lie if asked if they cheated on their wives and their wives would be privy to the answer. Again, that's between them. I find it much more admirable to actually care about the weakest and sickest among us.

All the stuff you imply about Bush is pure specualtion and never been proved. as for the war first part...I support that. talking doesn't work. My response to the "moral indescretions" part is that the man has NO integrity. That means he cannot be trusted...period. Which also means he cannot be believed about his concern for the sick and weak...but you believe him I am sure because he is so honest, right?
:laugh:

You want me to accept that Clinton is "good" and that Bush is "evil" and it is just not going to happen. You keep repeating the same old crap about "Bush lied" etc without a shred of proof. Obviously, I find Bush's actions regarding the war on terrorism more than acceptable, including the wiretapping. I find Clinton's actions disgusting, including his abuse of power, his personal character and just about everything else about him. His sexual indescretions are much more an indicativer of the man than your supposed symptoms of Bush's ailments.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things you can bash Bush about and I will be right there with you (immigration, for example) but all the stuff you list isn't it.

jillian said:
Who cares what he did with a consenting adult? He still put in more hours than Bush who has been on vacation for 20% of his presidency? Again, I wouldn't want to be married to the guy. But no one has ever taken issue with how hard he worked.

If you disagree with his policies, that's fine. The other stuff is extraneous and isn't any more terrible than what Bush I, Kennedy, Eisenhower or many other presidents did.
Pure BS and you know it.

jillian said:
He has admitted that he doesn't read. He knows nothing of the world and has no intellectual curiousity. His inability to articulate is just a symptom of the rest. :laugh:

Not reading is troubling. His wife is a librarian and he doesn't read? Yikes! Lack of intellectual curiosity is obvious. The dude is a multimillionaire yet wasn't curious enough about the world outside his little sphere to travel internationally until he "had to" as part of his job as president. Now when he does travel he doesn't try to see anything and rushes back as soon as possible. At least Cheney had the class and taste to check out the Sistine Chapel while he was in Rome. As far as this having no bearing on the presidency, maybe if he knew anything about other cultures and places he would have made different (better, more prepared) decisions about Iraq. Should someone be "leader of the free world" if he doesn't have any first hand experience in the world?

Nuc said:
Not reading is troubling. His wife is a librarian and he doesn't read? Yikes! Lack of intellectual curiosity is obvious. The dude is a multimillionaire yet wasn't curious enough about the world outside his little sphere to travel internationally until he "had to" as part of his job as president. Now when he does travel he doesn't try to see anything and rushes back as soon as possible. At least Cheney had the class and taste to check out the Sistine Chapel while he was in Rome. As far as this having no bearing on the presidency, maybe if he knew anything about other cultures and places he would have made different (better, more prepared) decisions about Iraq. Should someone be "leader of the free world" if he doesn't have any first hand experience in the world?

Awesome. You bought that little bit of propaganda hook line and sinker! Do you honstly believe that he doesn't read? How do you know what his level of curiousity he has/had? I ask you the same question I aked Jillian...prove he doesn't read.....

As for rushing back as soon as possible after a trip, did it ever occur to you that maybe (just maybe) he has things to do? I bet my nickel to your donut that if he did choose to sight see a bit, you and those like you would be all over him for it. Lets face it, for some people, the curretnt President can do no right, for some he can do no wrong. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Let's see. Which is "worse" for a President to do.

Not see the Sistine Chapel...

or.....

Getting a blow job from an intern.

No brainer.

CSM said:
As for rushing back as soon as possible after a trip, did it ever occur to you that maybe (just maybe) he has things to do? I bet my nickel to your donut that if he did choose to sight see a bit, you and those like you would be all over him for it. Lets face it, for some people, the curretnt President can do no right, for some he can do no wrong. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Do you not find it puzzling that a multimillionaire who could fly first class (or in a private jet) and stay at the Ritz Carlton, perhaps accompanying his father who was president, never wanted to see Paris, London, Rome, Sydney, Tokyo, nor the Alps, Himalayas, Macchu Picchu, Taj Mahal, or anything else this world has to offer? He wanted to hang out on a dusty ranch chopping wood. That seems strange to me. I can't relate to it.

GotZoom said:
Let's see. Which is "worse" for a President to do.

Not see the Sistine Chapel...

or.....

Getting a blow job from an intern.

No brainer.

Does anybody have a list of (maybe 20th Century would do) presidents who had extramarital sex and who didn't?

Me, I've seen the Sistine Chapel and I also like getting blowjobs. The two are not exclusive.

CSM said:
You want me to accept that Clinton is "good" and that Bush is "evil" and it is just not going to happen. You keep repeating the same old crap about "Bush lied" etc without a shred of proof. Obviously, I find Bush's actions regarding the war on terrorism more than acceptable, including the wiretapping. I find Clinton's actions disgusting, including his abuse of power, his personal character and just about everything else about him. His sexual indescretions are much more an indicativer of the man than your supposed symptoms of Bush's ailments.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things you can bash Bush about and I will be right there with you (immigration, for example) but all the stuff you list isn't it.

We'll have to agree to disagree. As far as the WOT is concerned, I think you've seen on other threads, that I don't think Bush is waging one, or at least not one I believe to be effective

And I don't "bash Bush"... I find his policies distasteful and anti-democracy. And perhaps I don't recall, but I really don't think I ever used the words "Bush lied".

Gotta run now... enjoy your afternoon!

Nuc said:
Does anybody have a list of (maybe 20th Century would do) presidents who had extramarital sex and who didn't?

Me, I've seen the Sistine Chapel and I also like getting blowjobs. The two are not exclusive.

Sure they are. You bashed Bush for being in Italy and not seeing the Sistine Chapel.

I think getting a blow job from an intern while conducting presidential business is far worse than not visiting the Sistine Chapel.

Let's be sure to add to your list which president, besides Clinton, lied about the incident (again with the "What is, is" and the "I did not have sexual relations") and looked like a complete fool.

Nuc said:
Do you not find it puzzling that a multimillionaire who could fly first class (or in a private jet) and stay at the Ritz Carlton, perhaps accompanying his father who was president, never wanted to see Paris, London, Rome, Sydney, Tokyo, nor the Alps, Himalayas, Macchu Picchu, Taj Mahal, or anything else this world has to offer? He wanted to hang out on a dusty ranch chopping wood. That seems strange to me. I can't relate to it.
Nope. Doesn't seem strange to me at all. Maybe he just likes the US better? I know I do.

By the way, I have never heard of Bush Jr going on a trip with Bush Sr during senior's presidency.

As an added note, don't you find it interesting that this illiterate, incompetent fool ( your implications) managed to get elected president (not once but twice) and pull off all the schemes he is purported to have pulled off (including foment a hurricane and direct it at NO, rig a war with Iraq, and arrange to have terrorists fly planes into buildings, among many others)? It really makes me chuckle when we start down this road of "Bush is a moron" and then proceed to list all the sneaky, illegal things he supposedly masterminded. We should all be so moronic!

GotZoom said:
Apparently you feel the president shouldnt' be held to higher standards and morals than other people.
I do. Higher morals. Higher intelligence. Higher public speaking skills. Higher patience. Higher experience. Higher resolve. Higher fortitude. Higher vocabulary. Higher charsima. etc. etc.

"Average" should not be a word used to describe the president, or any aspect of his being. Unless it's something such as "he's average weight for his height."

The ClayTaurus said:
I do. Higher morals. Higher intelligence. Higher public speaking skills. Higher patience. Higher experience. Higher resolve. Higher fortitude. Higher vocabulary. Higher charsima. etc. etc.

"Average" should not be a word used to describe the president, or any aspect of his being. Unless it's something such as "he's average weight for his height."

I agree 100%. Expectations are high..and the president should do everything he can to be all of those things.

Unfortunately, Clinton completely laughed in the face of morality. He didn't pronounce a word wrong - he committed adultry (physically in the Oval Office) and lied about it afterwards; bringing shame upon him, the office of the President, and the country.

Dr Grump said:
This is the guy that came from nowhere to be be president for two terms. This is the guy that nobody gave a chance of winning in 92 and came through. This is the guy whose charisma turned naysayers into those who voted for him. You can tell me the guy has the morals of a sewer rat and you'll get no argument from me, but no real leadership ability? pppfffftttt

Having charisma doesn't equal leadership abilities.

What did he accomplish? In what way has he left the United States or the World better off for being in power?

That is the sign of a true leader. Its a shame we have so few in either party.

GotZoom said:
I agree 100%. Expectations are high..and the president should do everything he can to be all of those things.

Unfortunately, Clinton completely laughed in the face of morality. He didn't pronounce a word wrong - he committed adultry (physically in the Oval Office) and lied about it afterwards; bringing shame upon him, the office of the President, and the country.
Fair enough. Doesn't change the fact that Bush is also average in many areas. It's unfortunate that we always end up settling for such consistently mediocre candidates.

CSM said:
Again, if that is all that causes embarassment amongst the Bush haters, then I really am in awe of their shallowness.

The shallowness of the left is always something I've been in awe of. Its always a matter of appearance. Substance never matters to them.

Example: Kerry in the first debate promises to help Iran go nuclear. Yet because he is eloquent and because President Bush had a horrible night, Kerry wins the debate. I mean that one statement from Kerry was enough to make me never want to see him in political office again. But that doesnt matter because he looked better than President Bush.

Its the same thing with issues. Assuming the left ever wants to deal with issues, they focus on what appears to be effective, rather than what actually is. They focus more on symptoms of the problem then go to the root of the problem.

Racism for example. There is absolutely no denying that Affirmative action is a racist policy. Nor is there denying that the left's attitude on this matter is far more racist than the Right's "Judge people by their actions, not their color" attitude.

First and foremost we need to start enforcing laws and encouraging obedience to them. If you dont like the laws, then use the proper system to change them. If you don't then we may as well have a dictator because we sure as heck cant handle a representative government.

CSM said:
Oh welll then that's different...lets throw out ANY of our politicians,diplomats and other public servants that have less than perfect diction, cannot speak eloquently or mispronounce any word EVER and and replace them with those great English speaking foriegners into office. Heaven forbid we should be embarrassed like that ever again...oh yeah, lets make sure those masters of English have a few interns they can diddle (after all that is not embarrassing and seems to gather high approval ratings) and cannot define the words they speak....

You have me convinced!

Tell me about it. It's totally shallow.

I'd love to see someone try to tell Stephen Hawkins that he is an idiot because he cant speak properly.

:bow2:

No other ex-president has carried such power past his term than BubbaCheeseBurger.

It’s absolutely amazing how the chickens in the neo-con coop begin to cackle and ruffle their feathers whenever his name is brought up. I’ll bet he’s still condemned for doing what we’d all do - given the chance - twenty years from now, when we’re 25 trillion in debt.

The ClayTaurus said:
Fair enough. Doesn't change the fact that Bush is also average in many areas. It's unfortunate that we always end up settling for such consistently mediocre candidates.

Mediocrity is ingrained in our culture these days. We encourage mediocrity...don't get too rich, dont be too smart, dont be TOO anything...someone might feel inferior. Why should we elect leaders that are anything but mediocre?

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc

Forum List

Back