Big SCOTUS Decisions This Week

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Some coming out in about 20 minutes and could be related to affirmative action. Others are related to religious freedom, Biden's student loan initiative. Scotus Blog is the best place for breaking news:

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like we will get 3-4 opinions today. Mallory is out and it's a 5-4 decision. Relates to lawsuits and state jurisdiction

Next case from Colorado involving a stalker trying to say his threatening speech was protected. Shot down 7-2. Kagan reading opinion

Last one is the NC election case. No more today.

That is the one with the greatest impact. It means that Legislators are not free to do whatever they want in regards to Federal Elections. 6-3 in favor of Courts deciding if the maps and election laws are legal according to the Constitution.

They’re delaying coming out with the rulings for the two most heated cases - Affirmative Action and student loan forgiveness. I expect announcements either tomorrow or Friday, before the long weekend.

I just hope that blacks and the misguided whites who support racist policies at the admissions office don’t have a big riot on July 4th.

They’re delaying coming out with the rulings for the two most heated cases - Affirmative Action and student loan forgiveness. I expect announcements either tomorrow or Friday, before the long weekend.

I just hope that blacks and the misguided whites who support racist policies at the admissions office don’t have a big riot on July 4th.

Well, the white bankers that got bailed out to the tune of trillions of dollars three times now, and their misguided ass kissers , certainly shouldn’t have to carry any burden on loan interest. That would be way over the top right?

The silver lining is that a court engineered to be unscrupulous by the GOP will be who ends AA and loan forgiveness, which will benefit Democrats politically.

More decisions coming out at 10:00. Left: Affirmative action, Biden's loan forgiveness program, Christian business owners v. LBGT rights

More decisions coming out at 10:00. Left: Affirmative action, Biden's loan forgiveness program, Christian business owners v. LBGT rights
The really important ones. Let’s see if the left-wing blacks who insist that Affirmative Action doesn’t give them advantages over whites and Asians with higher grades/scores accept the decision without criticism since, apparently, it didn’t help them anyway.

And as far as loan forgiveness, we can’t require car mechanics and secretaries to bear the expense of paying off the loans of accountants and architects.

Yay! AA violates equal protection clause. Now whites and Asians won’t be discriminated against due to their skin color.

Forum List

Back