Big election in the 18th District of PA today-- a sign of what's headed toward the GOP this Nov.

Yep, he'll vote for a different Democrat.
why wouldn't he? we know this. he's a chameleon.

He's a democrat, he's just not a liberal one, why does that make him a chameleon?

If he is re elected to one of the new redrawn PA districts this is what will happen.

• He will be a Democrat
  • The Democrats take the house in a wave year
  • He will vote for another Democrat as speaker and not Pelosi
  • Either another Democrat will be speaker or it will be Pelosi
  • He will still be a Democrat
  • He will vote more often in agreement with Pelosi than Republicans
  • Bye-bye GOP protecting Trump from himself

That is one of the Country's greatest hope. trump is slowly taking this country down.
Trump is a despicable person, even more so than Hill, imo. However, I'm not sure he's taking the country down. There is SOMETHING between him and Russia, and while getting Nato to pay more a fair share is a good thing, allowing Putin to drive wedges amongst our strongest allies (who fought with us in Afgan) makes us less safe.

But aside from the Russia connection, I'm not sure that he's doing much harm. The ACA is dead, but that may not be a bad thing as it was a failure as much as a success. The judiciary is going way right, but the judiciary polices itself within the constitution's parameters - even the ACA was not a constitutional crisis along the lines of Watergate or civil rights. We needed to deal with China and trade a long time ago. If steel prices increase greatly, he'll back down ... he's rather good at reversing field for an old fat guy. His sabre rattling with NK actually had a curious effect of causing a liberal SK leader to take control of the defense against NK. The wal is hyperbole, but open borders are not an option.

But yeah, his personality is at odds with most Americans. And the dems have their best shot at the House since W invaded Iraq.
funny the congress said no to the russia thing. you know this right? so how would you know differently then them? How many trump people have you interviewed?

Lie.

What happened to your lying polls libs, the margin thus far is only 2 tenths of 1% .002 I thought your Dem guy had this in the bag. God you people are liars. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:
You believe in polls now?

:) Winning.

No dummy do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Who thought Lamb had this in the bag? I thought he was going to give the Republican a run for their money (and he made the GOP spend a lot) but quite honestly I thought Lamb would lose.

Apparently you missed all the filthy liberal threads declaring Lamb had a big lead.

Here is my prediction:

If the Dem wins the Trump zealots will say it does not mean anything. If he losses they will say “see, Trump is the greatest human to ever walk the planet”

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Republicans are already saying that Saccone was a weak candidate and that actually two conservatives ran. Gotta love it.

The most interesting aspect is that democrat Lamb is running almost as a moderate republican. He actually said he would not vote for Pelosi. The question is whether young democrat candidates will continue the lurch to the right or if they are lying.

To win in a Republican district you would have to be anti-Nancy Pelosi---:auiqs.jpg: Lamb is what you call a Blue Dog Democrat, much more conservative than a liberal democrat but still a Democrat who is more focused on working people, solid union member support than Republicans are.

And it's blue dogs that have been winning all these special elections. They attract everyone, including moderate Republicans.
Go Jim Webb!

In 2012 Romney took it by 17% over Obama
In 2016 Trump took it by 20% over Hillary

Sounds pretty republican to me.

You're an idiot. Just more bullshit you pulled off some website on the web and swallow whole. Presidential elections are not run on nor decided by congressional districts, but by counties. Allegheny County hasn't voted red in ages, if ever. Both Trump and Romney lost heavy in Allegheny County. Saccone won by a large margin in the adjoining parts of the 18th district, but Lamb won very heavy in Allegheny Country which is the largest part of the 18th District. Your DNC handlers are lying to you again.

Nothing has swung, nothing has changed. There has been no big victory here for the Democrats, win or lose.

Allegheny county went to Trump by 4 points. While it's the largest county in the 18th, it's not the majority of votes in the 18th as there are 3 other counties (though one of them is more cows than anything else).

This is a red district, Trump sr. and hairnet/destroyer of ice cream Don Jr. could not change the result. The GOP outspent the Dems and they now realize they are going to have to do the same to defend a hundred other districts that are less red than this one. It's going to be very costly for the GOP. Get your wallet out.

What happened to your lying polls libs, the margin thus far is only 2 tenths of 1% .002 I thought your Dem guy had this in the bag. God you people are liars. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Who thought Lamb had this in the bag? I thought he was going to give the Republican a run for their money (and he made the GOP spend a lot) but quite honestly I thought Lamb would lose.

Apparently you missed all the filthy liberal threads declaring Lamb had a big lead.

Well, let's look at the polls, shall we?

RealClearPolitics - Election 2018 - Pennsylvania 18th District Special Election - Saccone vs. Lamb

Lamb won by .2, the polls had him up by 2.0. So they were off by 1.8, pretty accurate if you ask me. Especially since special elections are difficult to poll.

So glad to get that out of the way.

The most interesting aspect is that democrat Lamb is running almost as a moderate republican. He actually said he would not vote for Pelosi. The question is whether young democrat candidates will continue the lurch to the right or if they are lying.

What you're seeing here is the rise of the Blue Dog Democrats, a Democrat that appeals to moderate Republicans & moderate Democrats alike, which are the majority voting block in this country. The JFK type Democrats. They're not liberals, and they used to own the majority back in the 40's through the 70's. Because they can appeal to everyone. They're more conservative when it comes to budgets, they're hawkish--they don't like Russia, but they're also big supporters of labor and unions.

Blue dog Democrats have been winning all of these special elections. THE WARNING TO DEMOCRATS IS: That Democrats will get overconfident with all these wins, and start putting up candidates that are more liberal that CAN'T WIN. If they start throwing up Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein type candidates they'll lose.

If they stay with Blue Dogs--they'll clean house--like in Texas where the DNC has announced they're running candidates for every congressional district.
How Democrats Are Working to Build Statewide Victory
120416_bluedogs_wuerker_328.jpg

Last edited:
If they start throwing up Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein type candidates they'll lose.

Why did you mention two people who aren't democrats?

I think there is plenty of room for blue dog democrats. Common sense gun control, taxes, unions, not having an asshole for president are what ties the Democrats together. All of these issues I think it's the Republicans who are taking things for granted.

However, Democrats really should also focus on infrastructure, medicare for all and education. It's a little difficult when little lord snotferbrains keeps his temper tantrums in the news but what can you do?

If they start throwing up Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein type candidates they'll lose.

I think there is plenty of room for blue dog democrats. Common sense gun control, taxes, unions, not having an asshole for president are what ties the Democrats together. All of these issues I think it's the Republicans who are taking things for granted.

However, Democrats really should also focus on infrastructure, medicare for all and education. It's a little difficult when little lord snotferbrains keeps his temper tantrums in the news but what can you do?

Blue dogs will focus on infrastructure--you're not going to get them to go along with Free College educations--:auiqs.jpg: They would be more for fixing Obamacare rather than doing away with it, and putting everyone on medicare.

Bernie Sanders got his ass kicked by DEMOCRATS. Hillary Clinton beat him worse than she did Trump. She beat Sanders by 3,775,437 popular primary votes. The only thing that kept Sanders standing were all these caucus states he was winning. Because less than 1% of either party bothers to show up on a cold Tuesday night to sit around a 3 hour meeting to cast a vote. Usually the underdog will win the Caucus states. Had those states been primary states with 2 weeks of voting allowed, and mail-in ballots she would have won every single one of them, and Sanders would have had to drop out very early. Caucus states today are the worst case scenario of legal voting disenfranchisement going on this country, and they really should be outlawed in every state. They eliminate so many from voting, it's astounding that some states still choose to do them.
RealClearPolitics - 2016 Democratic Popular Vote

The majority voting block in this country are moderates, not left wing liberals or right wing republicans. And that's who you have to appeal to--to win elections.

Last edited:

You think 3% or 5% were big leads, loser? Saccone should have been up by 10% at least, loser.

You think 3% or 5% were big leads, loser? Saccone should have been up by 10% at least, loser.

Meh we control the House, Senate, White House and SCOTUS suck it.

Winning in winning, loser. :)
Jim Messina said Hillary was the worst Dem candidate since McGovern. So, there may be a bit of that too.

Blue dogs will focus on infrastructure--you're not going to get them to go along with Free College educations--:auiqs.jpg: They would be more for fixing Obamacare rather than doing away with it, and putting everyone on medicare.

Who said anything about free college? I'm talking about affordability, but I appreciate you not making assumptions.

And I think there are more than a few moderates who are interested in expanding medicare. Actually I know there is.

FT_17.06.23_healthcare_640px.png

Bernie Sanders
got his ass kicked by DEMOCRATS. Hillary Clinton beat him worse than she did Trump. She beat Sanders by 3,775,437 popular primary votes. The only thing that kept Sanders standing were all these caucus states he was winning. Because less than 1% of either party bothers to show up on a cold Tuesday night to sit around a 3 hour meeting to cast a vote. Usually the underdog will win the Caucus states. Had those states been primary states with 2 weeks of voting allowed, and mail-in ballots she would have won every single one of them, and Sanders would have had to drop out very early. Caucus states today are the worst case scenario of legal voting disenfranchisement going on this country, and they really should be outlawed in every state. They eliminate so many from voting, it's astounding that some states still choose to do them.
RealClearPolitics - 2016 Democratic Popular Vote

Neat, has nothing to do with my post.

The majority voting block in this country are moderates, not left wing liberals or right wing republicans. And that's who you have to appeal to--to win elections.

Are they? Sounds pretty, I'm sure Mac would eat this shit up, but what is a moderate anyway, I mean other than a label?

What are you going to do when 'we' do not control these things? Do you want a salt rock, a pacifier or lollipop?

For a while more, yes. And, yes, the GOP should have accomplished so much more than it has so far.

Today, March 12th, 2018 we have a special election going on in a predominately Republican district in Pennsylvania. A big steel district that Trump won by 20 POINTS in 2016, and one that has consistently voted for Republicans over the last several election cycles.

Democrat Connor Lamb was ahead yesterday by 2 points according to real clear politics, and has out funded Republican Rick Saccone by tons. And he did it with LOCAL money. The RNC had to dump 10 million into Saccone's race to keep up with Lamb, and of course the ASS CLOWN went out to PA over the weekend to give a stump speech for Saccone, that ended up being a speech about himself--along with some of his typical never ending phyco-babble.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2018 - Pennsylvania 18th District Special Election - Saccone vs. Lamb
Democrat Lamb significantly outraises Republican Saccone in final stretch of Pennsylvania special election - CNNPolitics
'The world is watching': GOP braces for potential upset in Pennsylvania special election - CNNPolitics

Expect very heavy turn-out. But if Connor Lamb wins this race OR even gets close to winning, this will be a pretty good indication of the bloodbath that is coming for Republicans in the upcoming November 2018 midterm election cycle.

Just a note that 39 House Republicans have already announced their early retirements, and will not be seeking reelection in November.
A Record Number of House Republicans Will Not Seek Re-Election in 2018

color-voter-discont-web.jpg

Keep an eye on this race, polls close at 8 p.m. in Pennsylvania.
Still too close to call as of Wednesday evening.

And then there will probably be a recount.

And then a lawsuit.

Hopefully the GOP can retain control of the SCOTUS and the Senate.

Those are the only two really important ones.

The U.S. House can go blue with no sweat.

The White House can go either way. If Elizabeth Warren is the DEM POTUS candidate then Trump will be re-elected.

Today, March 12th, 2018 we have a special election going on in a predominately Republican district in Pennsylvania. A big steel district that Trump won by 20 POINTS in 2016, and one that has consistently voted for Republicans over the last several election cycles.

Democrat Connor Lamb was ahead yesterday by 2 points according to real clear politics, and has out funded Republican Rick Saccone by tons. And he did it with LOCAL money. The RNC had to dump 10 million into Saccone's race to keep up with Lamb, and of course the ASS CLOWN went out to PA over the weekend to give a stump speech for Saccone, that ended up being a speech about himself--along with some of his typical never ending phyco-babble.
Democrat Lamb significantly outraises Republican Saccone in final stretch of Pennsylvania special election - CNNPolitics
'The world is watching': GOP braces for potential upset in Pennsylvania special election - CNNPolitics

Expect very heavy turn-out. But if Connor Lamb wins this race OR even gets close to winning, this will be a pretty good indication of the bloodbath that is coming for Republicans in the upcoming November 2018 midterm election cycle.

Just a note that 39 House Republicans have already announced their early retirements, and will not be seeking reelection in November.
A Record Number of House Republicans Will Not Seek Re-Election in 2018

color-voter-discont-web.jpg

Keep an eye on this race, polls close at 8 p.m. in Pennsylvania.
Still too close to call as of Wednesday evening.

And then there will probably be a recount.

And then a lawsuit.

Connor Lamb is announcing his victory. While the White House is trying to distance themselves from this race, describing Saccone as a "weak" candidate.
Republicans warned after 'wake-up call' Pennsylvania race - CNNPolitics

Forum List

Back